Continuing Education For A Thai Adult

Ithailian

Does anyone know about good quality continuing education programs for Thai adults? My friend (now 29) left school at Grade 7 but now wants to return to finish high school. We are looking for a serious program that will actually impart some knowledge with the potential to continue on to University. Upper Sokhumvit area is preferred. Up to this point, I have only found Rong Rian Haeng Chaat which meets only one day a week for two hours (... this does not sound very serious to me). Thanks in advance!

You might want to post this in the education forum as well.

As for the one school that your found, the two hours a week sounds a bit light, but fairly typical. Most continuing education classes are designed for adults who never finished their primary education and who need M6 diplomas to get better jobs. Their motives are usually more aimed at financial and social improvement, rather than education for it's own sake, so there really isn't much demand for the kind of adult general education classes that you see in western adult schools or community centers.

I have a friend that is going on weekends to finish HS. My impression there a plenty of continuing education opportunites although I'd guess that most cater to people working full time so they are weekends and nights. Have other friends doing same for Undergrad and MBA studies - plug away on the weekends can be slow but it gets you there in time. I can't say much about the qualtity but in several case they seem to have a fair amount of homework and a need to apply themselves. It's not just show up now and again.