Pepsi Suddenly Scarce In Thailand After Bottler Breakup

webfact

Plenty of trucks coming out new Pepsi factory so its going some where, maybe as it used to be a bottling plant its just cans that are short. Certainly bottles are available in 7/11 etc around where I live but no cans/tins. Its a deliberate copyrite issues and I would expect Pepsi to take it up. Its not good marketing, its stealing some body elses good marketing and logo. I have not and will not be drinking EST on principal of how these people conduct there sharp business practices.

Carlsberg is now back but the stuff I drink made in Vietnam creating jobs for the Vietnamese at the expense of Thai's. Chang and Calsberg are different market, again when available I drink it over local brewed stuff such as San Mig.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the number of OP's here who claim to drink Coke Zero. The stuff is poison and full of Aspartame. Look it up, or enjoy a shorter life. Any of these sweet sticky soft drinks (sodas for you yanks) like Coke and Pepsi are all garbage anyway but then each to his own.

what do you mix your rum with then?
Ice is the only mixer on my list - I never put any of that crap near great booze.... Try Bundaberg OP from Tops. Nice...
Well I don't have the statistics but common sense tells me more people die as a result of alcohol than Aspartame. Personally I am into living. Your choice.

Am I the only one who has noticed the number of posters talking about how much sugar in Coke and Pepsi while completely ignoring the diet products they both have. I wonder if they think they are fooling some one.

For a while (December and early January) - you couldn't find Pepsi Max anywhere, and could only find Coke Zero in the little (500ml) bottles or in cans.

Pepsi Max appears to be back on the shelves in 1.45l bottles now, but Coke Zero is still only available in the smaller sizes. The bigger Coke Zero bottles appear to have stopped being produced - not seen them in months. (and only buying 500ml bottles - is actually very expensive compared to buying regular size bottles of Coke).

P.S. I tried est once, not planning on trying it a second time,

• Like 1

Coke Zero are they in a new bottle size ? Lunch visitors just gone they came with 2x 1.5 lt Coke Zero, still same black label, same writing's but feel sure they were in 1.25 lt a couple of months ago when I last bought Coke Zero ?

This is just a typical Thai business manouver. EST is only enjoying a high market rating because the suppliers threaten to remove all supply if they do not use EST. Some vendors in the Chaengwattana area have been advised by their supplier that unless the also carry EST they will have their supply interupted. This is how the Thai's do business. There is no comparrison between EST and Coke or Pepsi and it tastes like medicine owing to the background flavour of root beer. It is shit, pure and simple but it is the best they can do. Pepsi is slowly starting to reappear on the shelves after being shafted by Thai Bev and I am sure that it will only be a mater of time before EST is gone and forgotten.

• Like 1

I can't believe the number of OP's here who claim to drink Coke Zero. The stuff is poison and full of Aspartame. Look it up, or enjoy a shorter life. Any of these sweet sticky soft drinks (sodas for you yanks) like Coke and Pepsi are all garbage anyway but then each to his own.

I know, my whole family including me died years ago from drinking softdrinks with Aspartame whistling.gif

The Aspartame Hoax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

Ignorance is bliss - keep drinking it. There are over 50,000 recorded cases of death linked to it but since 70% of foods using sweeteners uses this crap ignorance of its affects is entirely up to the individual. It is made by the bonding together of the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine, which are normal constituents of proteins, to form a dipeptide further esterified with methanol. You may as well use sugar with petrol! Aspartame can be safely consumed by most healthy individuals, but it has long been recognized excessive intake of phenylalanine, one of the constituent amino acids of aspartame, can pose a hazard to individuals suffering from an inherited metabolic disorder called phenylketonuria. It also attacks the central nervous system, functionality of heart and brain. But then again, FDA and TGA bodies say they have found it safe. As already said, each to his own. Go for it.

I assume you are able to post a link to a credible source regarding that 50.000 deaths claim ?

http://www.naturalnews.com/aspartame.html

• Like 1

Ignorance is bliss - keep drinking it. There are over 50,000 recorded cases of death linked to it but since 70% of foods using sweeteners uses this crap ignorance of its affects is entirely up to the individual. It is made by the bonding together of the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine, which are normal constituents of proteins, to form a dipeptide further esterified with methanol. You may as well use sugar with petrol! Aspartame can be safely consumed by most healthy individuals, but it has long been recognized excessive intake of phenylalanine, one of the constituent amino acids of aspartame, can pose a hazard to individuals suffering from an inherited metabolic disorder called phenylketonuria. It also attacks the central nervous system, functionality of heart and brain. But then again, FDA and TGA bodies say they have found it safe. As already said, each to his own. Go for it.

I assume you are able to post a link to a credible source regarding that 50.000 deaths claim ?

I didn't find any reference to 50.000 recorded deaths caused by Aspartame, but a lot of negative reports of course without any reliable background.

If you insist I will look up and post a link which explains that Aspartame is actually the healthiest additive on this planet biggrin.png

I know, my whole family including me died years ago from drinking softdrinks with Aspartame whistling.gif

The Aspartame Hoax

Yes and also a number of air catastrophe's of pilots failures directly related to it including heart issues. Aspartame affects the brain apart from the nervous system.

The Aspartame Hoax

Yes and also a number of air catastrophe's of pilots failures directly related to it including heart issues. Aspartame affects the brain apart from the nervous system.

Still waiting for the link though. You want to keep it secret ?

I didn't find any reference to 50.000 recorded deaths caused by Aspartame, but a lot of negative reports of course without any reliable background.

If you insist I will look up and post a link which explains that Aspartame is actually the healthiest additive on this planet biggrin.png

Whilst I read medical journals regularly I can't lay my hands on that one unless I am in my office. Suffice to say this link give a bit of background as to how the FDA actually approved the BS attached to the support of Aspartame. And I do have a medical background and have no qualms in warning people against idiocy. I would rather err on the side of logic than thumb my nose at such evidence then try to belittle peoples opinions. But for the record you may find this link of interest until I can source the medjo on file. http://www.relfe.com/aspartame_92.html

Edited by Locationthailand

This is just a typical Thai business manouver. EST is only enjoying a high market rating because the suppliers threaten to remove all supply if they do not use EST. Some vendors in the Chaengwattana area have been advised by their supplier that unless the also carry EST they will have their supply interupted. This is how the Thai's do business. There is no comparrison between EST and Coke or Pepsi and it tastes like medicine owing to the background flavour of root beer. It is shit, pure and simple but it is the best they can do. Pepsi is slowly starting to reappear on the shelves after being shafted by Thai Bev and I am sure that it will only be a mater of time before EST is gone and forgotten.

Spot on, Halion.

I don't think people realise the full extent of ThaiBev's anti-consumer antics. Restaurants that need Chang delivered will only get it if they also buy Chang water (a very profitable side line!). Wholesalers who want to be local agents for Chang to ensure regular supplies are forbiden to stock Leo or any other brand of beer, must sell only Chang water and the latest move by ThaiBev is to forbid them to stock any energy drink except those made by Osotspa. Not sure if there is a financial link between ThaiBev and Osotspa, or whether they have just tightened up their cartel.

I believe this sudden rush to squeeze out any competition and create total monopolies is motivated by their fear of APEC, they know full well that they couldn't compete in an open, fair market.

Whilst I read medical journals regularly I can't lay my hands on that one unless I am in my office. Suffice to say this link give a bit of background as to how the FDA actually approved the BS attached to the support of Aspartame. And I do have a medical background and have no qualms in warning people against idiocy. I would rather err on the side of logic than thumb my nose at such evidence then try to belittle peoples opinions. But for the record you may find this link of interest until I can source the medjo on file. http://www.relfe.com/aspartame_92.html

I don't dispute you medical knowledge but in the mean time you post a link to a commercial website with an agenda cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by jbrain

Pizza Hut, Carlsberg, Orange (now True Move) and now Pepsi ! The list of companies that tried joint ventures of some flavor (pun intended) or another and that got burned by a ruthless - ethic-less local partner is endless. And some foreigners are still begging for the "permission" to bring more money and invest in this country. Amazing Thailand ! Do not count Pepsi out of the bottle (ouch !); they have very long term goals and the means to attain their objectives. And as for the EST flavor, or lack of it, everything has already been said...

Maybe the EST stuff is as good as Pepsi and Coke to (yes Google it !) : fertilize plants, remove rust, remove gum from hair, clean a toilet, clean an engine, remove corrosion from battery terminals, clean grout, clean a cooking pot, remove grease and blood stains from clothes, remove road grime from windshields, remove oil stains from driveways. Imagine what it can do in your stomach ?

Just out of interest, in passing last night popped into Makro at Ransit, never been in that one before, loads of Pepsi and Pepsi Max in big and small bottles, good price so took 4 packs of 12 of the 1.45 lt, from 1 of the 4 pallets of big bottles