Importing Parts

AllanB

I have been looking for a replacement bike and will probably end up with something not made in Thailand making parts more difficult to come by. Does anyone have any experience of importing parts from the US, UK, or maybe Australia, even Japan I guess.

What shipping method do you use and what about import taxes and duties?

Get family, or yourself, to bring em in......or have them posted. If posted you don't have to deal with DHL or Fedex adding too much duty. By post you will probably have to pay duty, but it maybe less.....or not at all!

• Like 1

For typical maintenance parts, there are countless bike part shops in Chinatown, close to Hualumpong Train Station. Its a fun afternoon adventure first time. after that, you should know which shops can get parts for your particular bike.

I even found a reliable, knowledgeable shop for my Alfa Romeo parts! So you should be able to find what yr looking for, esp Japanese iron.

For typical maintenance parts, there are countless bike part shops in Chinatown, close to Hualumpong Train Station. Its a fun afternoon adventure first time. after that, you should know which shops can get parts for your particular bike. I even found a reliable, knowledgeable shop for my Alfa Romeo parts! So you should be able to find what yr looking for, esp Japanese iron.

Can you be a bit more specific about which Soi? I have been to the station a few times and never saw any bike parts shops.

For typical maintenance parts, there are countless bike part shops in Chinatown, close to Hualumpong Train Station. Its a fun afternoon adventure first time. after that, you should know which shops can get parts for your particular bike. I even found a reliable, knowledgeable shop for my Alfa Romeo parts! So you should be able to find what yr looking for, esp Japanese iron.

Can you be a bit more specific about which Soi? I have been to the station a few times and never saw any bike parts shops.

Look in the Google Map Directory in the pinned topic Biker Directory - theres a 'stick pin' labelled Gray Market Bike Parts or similar. The neighborhood is an easy walk/MC Taxi from Hualumpong Station, and if u havent been there uv been missing out.

Look in the Google Map Directory in the pinned topic Biker Directory - theres a 'stick pin' labelled Gray Market Bike Parts or similar. The neighborhood is an easy walk/MC Taxi from Hualumpong Station, and if u havent been there uv been missing out.

Chinatown where?

Any chance of a link mate, to the above?

A mate of mine wants a carby for his Steed.

Edited by AllanB

Don't know about Steed but i saw a shop on Chareong Krung with all sorts of carbs, brand new. The one I noticed was for NSR150SP. Walk from SAP jct towards Hua Lampong and when you hit the bit where the BTS is digging you have to cross the road and you will walk right by it.