Shenanigans Closed

seadoo

I used to go for the steak night promotions. It was just like a real steakhouse experience except for ... the steak. Not really their fault ... Thai beef.

To be fair, if you acquire Thai tenderloin and then prepare it (tenderise a bit) and cook it properly you will have a more-than-half-decent steak

Edited by cardholder

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's over 450 car parking spaces at The Avenue in the front and multideck, I was asked this question about a year ago and checked with the management. I don't beleive it! How come I can never find a parking space then? I'll count them next time I go.

Have fun....

The BKK owners of the Avenue seem to have their heads in the rice paddies; for, the place would be more successful if they could lower the rent in order for the stores to survive there, but "saving face" and demanding high rent fees (despite empty shops) is more important. I think the Avenue is on the wrong side of 2nd Rd. It is too difficult to cross the street there to attract the tourist crowd.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if Tony the manager got a job some where else? if so where. known him long time just interested.

The guy who ran the place until 12(?) months ago went to the Lion Pub on Soi 17, don't know if that is him or not. That's also a nice pub and had some real nice Marco Pierre White cider, "The Govenor", if I remember well.....

Contacted my fiend and he says he thinks Tony is still in Pattaya but has not heard what his plans are.

Simon is running the Lion Pub.

• Like 1

I went there the other day. The blackboards, specials menu, tables & chairs are all still outside. The management really must have done a runner not to put those tables inside. Hefty lock on the door though.

Edit spelling!

Edited by easyride

The place is now being renovated and rebranded and will open as a family pub with a children's play area so kids can keep entertained whilst parents can enjoy the pub

Hope the childrens play area is noise-proof.......coffee1.gif ............

The place is now being renovated and rebranded and will open as a family pub with a children's play area so kids can keep entertained whilst parents can enjoy the pub

Great childrens play area on the first floor, training for future life Pattaya Balcony Acrobatics

Smart move as there is no western style family pub anywhere in Pattaya and there is a huge market here for the expat and inbound tourist family market.

Our own business at the Ave is set up purely towards this market and it is a niche with high disposable income that most don't even consider in this town.

Most pubs in Australia cater very well for the individual and family markets without any issues.

As a father with young kids the way I see it is there's a couple of thousand other drinking venues in this town but nothing that caters for the family and if we can go somewhere and the kids are happily entertained then we will happily stay longer and spend more.

• Like 1

Smart move as there is no western style family pub anywhere in Pattaya and there is a huge market here for the expat and inbound tourist family market.

Our own business at the Ave is set up purely towards this market and it is a niche with high disposable income that most don't even consider in this town.

Most pubs in Australia cater very well for the individual and family markets without any issues.

As a father with young kids the way I see it is there's a couple of thousand other drinking venues in this town but nothing that caters for the family and if we can go somewhere and the kids are happily entertained then we will happily stay longer and spend more.

The concept is indeed great, however have you considered some of the issues to arise

1. How to keep kids entertained and well looked after being on a higher floor?

You would need a number of staff to do that well and reliable staff as well, who are not cheap, hence your costs will be very high and you will have no choice but to charge rather crazy prices

2. How many parents who have so much money will go out drinking with their kids? Most expats with money, have live in nanny's

3. How many responsible parents will take their kids out, while they drink and then drive

4. And lastly, how many family's are there who really have the money?

The BKK owners of the Avenue seem to have their heads in the rice paddies; for, the place would be more successful if they could lower the rent in order for the stores to survive there, but "saving face" and demanding high rent fees (despite empty shops) is more important. I think the Avenue is on the wrong side of 2nd Rd. It is too difficult to cross the street there to attract the tourist crowd.

There is another post under another topic laying out the rent issues with the Avenue. Apparently, all the leases were sold to various people awhile ago. The leases were for 30 years and paid in advance. Those lease holders want to sublease the space but for a sky high rate which is crazy. The example given was 450k/month for the space next to the pizza shop. ohmy.png When the original contracts were signed there was not a requirement for the lease holder to open a shop so many of the places remain boarded up.

Isn't you sooo extremely succesful business that very small shop on the first floor called Party shop, that has been relocated probably 5 times over the years and has always decreased in size?

There is another post under another topic laying out the rent issues with the Avenue. Apparently, all the leases were sold to various people awhile ago. The leases were for 30 years and paid in advance. Those lease holders want to sublease the space but for a sky high rate which is crazy. The example given was 450k/month for the space next to the pizza shop. ohmy.png When the original contracts were signed there was not a requirement for the lease holder to open a shop so many of the places remain boarded up.

If the original leases were indeed so low, as that post claimed, than why could Cawow not manage to pay their rent. They were one of the very first opening up shop and had at that time very good connections with the owners of the avenue through Major cinemas.

Maybe mentioned post was made by someone with an agenda ?

There is another post under another topic laying out the rent issues with the Avenue. Apparently, all the leases were sold to various people awhile ago. The leases were for 30 years and paid in advance. Those lease holders want to sublease the space but for a sky high rate which is crazy. The example given was 450k/month for the space next to the pizza shop. :o When the original contracts were signed there was not a requirement for the lease holder to open a shop so many of the places remain boarded up.

If the original leases were indeed so low, as that post claimed, than why could Cawow not manage to pay their rent. They were one of the very first opening up shop and had at that time very good connections with the owners of the avenue through Major cinemas.

Just come out and say it as I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

Anything that keeps families away from me must be a good thing. I hope Shenanigans will make an excellent ghetto for them.

Agreed, spoilt brat kids running wild aint my idea of fun, thankfully there are alternatives.

Just come out and say it as I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

What I'm trying to say is that in my idea the leases never have been so low as that poster, who is by the way also the OP of this thread, try to claim.

In the beginning all units were occupied at The Avenue, by the original lease holders I would guess. If the lease was really so low, they wouldn't have had to struggle to keep head above water, to finally close.

Something just doesn't add up.

What I'm trying to say is that in my idea the leases never have been so low as that poster, who is by the way also the OP of this thread, try to claim.

In the beginning all units were occupied at The Avenue, by the original lease holders I would guess. If the lease was really so low, they wouldn't have had to struggle to keep head above water, to finally close.

No one has mentioned good old "key money"

No one has mentioned good old "key money"

That's twice in this thread that no one has mentioned 'key money'.

Four pages about a failed business closing. Amazing Pattaya!

There are two threads currently running about new Chinese restaurants opening, and this one about an "Irish" (read 'English sports bar') pub closing. What makes these interesting is that they are straws in the wind that show how the demographic of Pattaya is changing.

• Like 1

There are two threads currently running about new Chinese restaurants opening, and this one about an "Irish" (read 'English sports bar') pub closing. What makes these interesting is that they are straws in the wind that show how the demographic of Pattaya is changing.

Ting Tai <deleted> appears to be attracting lots of Russians.

Edited by Jingthing

Great idea, I for one would certainly go there. It's one of the reasons I enjoy the Hilton for Sunday brunch, they have a kids club there and the parents can enjoy themselves whilst someone keeps the kids entertained. I just wish that the Kinarree had a creche too...

• Like 1

... I just wish that the Kinarree had a creche too...

But it does. You just need to pay for it.

However, if the little one's are more than 3 years old and already started talking, you can save your money and forget about that!

Edited by NanLaew