Have Already Quit Job, Can I Leave The Country When My 90 Day Is Due?

Hey,

I've had the same nonb visa for 3 years and I left my job recently. My nonb visa expires March 1st, however my next 90 day report is due February 27th. Can I leave the country and change back to a 60 day tourist visa on February 27th? March 1st? or when the work permit expires which appars to be on march 1st. Or do I have to get the work permit and visa cancelled by bringing them a letter from my employer stating that I do not work for them anymore?

You do not have a visa if you are doing 90 day reports - that would be an extension of stay from immigration which ended the day your employment ended if obtained for that reason. You would now be on overstay and indeed they need to be canceled ASAP. You may be able to leave and return on a tourist visa without taking care of other issues but this could come back at a later date if you plan to work here again or stay long term.

bobdown1, on 25 Feb 2013 - 00:27, said:

well when i had a non b work permit i had to do 90 day reporting

What are you calling 90 day reporting? If going to immigration every 90 days, that was because you had an extension of stay, not because of the work permit, or visa.

You should cancel the work permit, which can be done by mail. But bst is to do it yourself with a letter from your employer. You will then get a letter from the labour office, whcih you need to show immirgaiton to cancel your permission to stay.

Form here: http://wp.doe.go.th/sites/default/files/form/wp_cancellation.pdf

Edited by Mario2008

Ok so the letter Siam Comouter gave me is not the right one. Hey said I need the letter they gave me and the letter of appointment too. Hey now have my work permit too. I talked to them and we're going to try again tomorrow, but they kinda seem to want me to stay with Siam. My 90 day extension is due today and my work permit and nonb all expire march 1st if that helps.

Just get a letter from yuour employer informing the labour office that your employement has ended. Get a like wise letter from your employer for immigration. Cancel your WP and then cancel your permission to stay.

Nothing fancy, just mentinion you stop working for them and the date per which.

Probably but they could turn you around at the exit point until you cancel. You employer is required to provide a paper addressed to immigration that your employment has ended and that is what they use to cancel your extension of stay.

Immigration took pity on me. Despite the lady from immigration explaining exactly what she needed over the phone yesterday, Siam Computer gave me the wrong paper work twice today, they did not include a letter of appointment, they did however let me cancel my work permit. The people at immigration wrote a note next to my nonb and signed it, but told me my paper work is still incorrect, but because I had been there so many times and the visa expires tomorrow that I could leave the country. Siam Computer's lady in charge of visa issues did not pick up the phone despite repeated calls and text messages. Anyways, it looks like I am able to leave, but my ability to get a new visa has been impaired by Sam' inability to get me the correct paper work. Additionally Sam told me not to go to Charngwattana Immigration, but rather to go straight to the border with the piece of paper that Bangkok immigration would not take.