Best/fastest Way From Sukhumvit To Khao San?

flip

Hi!

I will be in Bankok again for 2 nights tomorrow and would like to go(to see) Khao San Road, just to see it/just to have a look..

I'm living in a hotel very close to the Phrom Phong BTS station. (Sukh 28)

What would be the best/fastes way to go to Khao San?

I guess, if I'm going tomorrow night/evening or thursday night the traffic will be horrible!!??

Thnks a lot

Yes, BTS to Ratchatewi but advise you take motorcyle taxi from there ("moto-sai" about 60-80 baht). For there and on a motorcycle, would only be about 15 mins. MIght need to remember to say "Banglamphu" plus Khoa San. Alto you say 'night' but not a good idea to take them after 6 pm (drivers are scarce and often drinking by then).

Taxi from Phrom Phong BTS station to there/Khao San would be 30 mns lite traffic; 45 mns - 1 hour moderately heavy. Worst case in Bangkok can get really, really bad (2-3 hours...) but very unlikely without some major event or tragedy unfolding nearby. For those things, we always have fingers crossed...

• Like 1

Or take the canal boat up the Saen Saeb to the end near the Golden Mount, then get a tuk tuk. I did the reverse trip to get back. Great fun, but you need to be nimble to get off/on the boat.

Any tuk tuk in that area is going to see you coming, and you'll be looking at a minimum of 100 baht, probably more, for a ride of maybe three hundred meters from Golden Mount to Khaosan.

I've done this trip many times in rush hour traffic (usually on a Friday)! I would recommend getting the San Saeb canal to just before the Royal Pavillion (about half a kilometer from KSR). To get to the canal from Sukhumvit get off at Chitlom Bts, walk past Gaysorn until you come to the bridge and walk across the bridge and turn right down the steps. When you get off the boat at the Royal Pavillion, just get a motorbike taxi for around 50baht or a 10 - 15min walk to Ko San. Easy and the canal journey is quite fun if a little dodgy!

• Like 1

Or take the canal boat up the Saen Saeb to the end near the Golden Mount, then get a tuk tuk. I did the reverse trip to get back. Great fun, but you need to be nimble to get off/on the boat.

Any tuk tuk in that area is going to see you coming, and you'll be looking at a minimum of 100 baht, probably more, for a ride of maybe three hundred meters from Golden Mount to Khaosan.

Mine charged me 20b.. But we did stop at a dodgy travel agents along the way...

I would tke bts to saphan taksin then take the ferry.

Yeah this a good way. Could also take BTS to Victory Monument then catch the #12 Bus (Rajavithi Hospital). if you're strapped for time, the fastest way would, of course, be motorcycle taxi. (BUT I'm not recommend anyone ride on one. For obvious reasons)

Yes, BTS to Ratchatewi but advise you take motorcyle taxi from there ("moto-sai" about 60-80 baht). For there and on a motorcycle, would only be about 15 mins. MIght need to remember to say "Banglamphu" plus Khoa San. Alto you say 'night' but not a good idea to take them after 6 pm (drivers are scarce and often drinking by then).

Taxi from Phrom Phong BTS station to there/Khao San would be 30 mns lite traffic; 45 mns - 1 hour moderately heavy. Worst case in Bangkok can get really, really bad (2-3 hours...) but very unlikely without some major event or tragedy unfolding nearby. For those things, we always have fingers crossed...

Agreed. BTS from Phrom Phong to Ratchatewi then take a motorcycle taxi, this will be the fastest way. Maybe not the safest, but the fastest.

Edited by Groongthep