Netherlands Regulates Sex Industry

webfact

Netherlands regulates sex industry

AMSTERDAM: -- The authorities in Amsterdam are to introduce a range of measures regulating the standards in the country’s sex industry according to local media in the Netherlands.

In particular reports say the minimum age of "sex workers" in the Dutch capital will increase from 18 years of age to 21.

The establishments in the famous red light district will also lose the right to work around the clock; their doors will be closed to visitors on weekdays from four to nine in the morning and on weekends from five to nine in the morning.

The decision was taken to reduce the tension in “serial crime” areas of the city and provide more security for the "prostitutes" of Amsterdam, who are said to number approximately eight thousand.

It is expected that the newly developed measures will take effect in July.

Source: http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_02_27/Netherlands-regulates-sex-industry/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-02-27

Strange isn`t it?That Europe`s thriving sex industry is hardly ever given a mention, yet according to the Western media, Thailand is renowned for it`s prostitutes, scams and corruption.

You are conflating two things that have no correlation and presenting a false dichotomy:

The European sex industry may be under reported (not sure that's true but for all I know, it is).

Thailand is renowned, with good cause, for it's sex industry and corruption (and not just according to the Western media but in reality).

These two things are nether related nor contradictory.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Strange isn`t it?That Europe`s thriving sex industry is hardly ever given a mention, yet according to the Western media, Thailand is renowned for it`s prostitutes, scams and corruption.

You are conflating two things that have no correlation and presenting a false dichotomy:

The European sex industry may be under reported (not sure that's true but for all I know, it is).

Thailand is renowned, with good cause, for it's sex industry and corruption (and not just according to the Western media but in reality).

These two things are nether related nor contradictory.

They ARE both related & contradictory. Don't see how anyone can come to any other conclusion, but keep trying if you want.

• Like 2

Strange isn`t it?

That Europe`s thriving sex industry is hardly ever given a mention, yet according to the Western media, Thailand is renowned for it`s prostitutes, scams and corruption.

That's funny, when I hear the word Amsterdam, the drugs and the sex industry come to mind first, actually that is all I know about Amsterdam other than it is in Holland. So at least for me it has a reputation. I have never been to Europe so someone must be reporting it.

• Like 1

Strange isn`t it?

That Europe`s thriving sex industry is hardly ever given a mention, yet according to the Western media, Thailand is renowned for it`s prostitutes, scams and corruption.

Actually I believe Amsterdam's red light district is pretty renowned. wink.png

And for a touch of culture, Amsterdam has some very nice museums -- I've only been to one, the sex museum, but I walked by one with a bunch of paintings in it.

Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities in Europe.

Amsterdam is a truly wonderful city, in my opinion. Of all the cities in the world, it would probably be in my top 10 to live in given the choice. (I like Thailand and am content to live here but Bangkok would not rank that high. But I suppose that's not especially relevant...)

• Like 1

There are lots of nice things in Amsterdam. Style, beauty, culture, art, cleaness, channels, clubs, cannabis cafes. Anything worth to write home about from Pattaya but the girls?

Golf courses.

Indeed. Didn't think of them 'cause I don't play Golf, who who does must be happy here.

First visit 1983 wonderful Dutch girls working,lovely.(kind soft blond faces) Went again in 1998 what a change,hard looking faces of south american type ladyboys working.(punch your face in) Avenues where full of giggling Japanese tour groups,taking pictures and clogging up the pavements. Regulation,too late,what has happened here is the same as what has happened to all of western Europe,invaders have displaced the kind easy workers. Thailand,regulation,will the Thai lady be replaced?