World Motocross Grand Prix Coming To Thailand - 10Th March

KarlHatton

The second round of the World MX championships will take place in Thailand over the weekend of the 9th/10th March.

The location is in Pin Thong 3 Industrial estate (location here)

It's the first time (to my knowledge) that it's been held over here so it will be interesting to see how it goes - I know the people organising it are putting huge amounts of work into it.

More info here and here

• Like 1

I think I'll probably go. Got a busy week next week but if I'm not totally exhausted by the end of it then I'll go at least one day, probably two. It's not often major events like this come to Thailand and it's good to support them when they make an effort IMO.

I'm guessing it won't have a huge turnout so it should be easy to get a decent spot to watch the races as well.

Bought my ticket last month and really looking forward to it. Huge World MX fan.

Tommy Searle flying the Uk flag and now in MX1 after finishing the last season 2nd in MX2, awesome.

The best World motocross riders here in Thailand on my doorstep love it.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a really good event. The track was awesome, helped by the great natural soil and the location was excellent, with elevation changes on the track and a hillside viewing area located conveniently next to the beer tent biggrin.png .

Next to the pits were stalls from DirtShop, a KTM stand with some nice bikes (Duke 200, 690 etc.), a Yamaha tent with the YZF250 etc, a mobile McDonalds, a Jack Daniels tent etc. Parking was a 5-10 minute pickup truck ride away and they cleared the crowds pretty quickly after the event. Weather was a mixture of sun and cloud yesterday but I believe it tipped down Saturday afternoon which probably helped the track in terms of keeping the dust down.

On the track Cairoli dominated the 450's and Herlings dominated the 250's. Herlings was awesome, easily the fastest 250 rider even to the naked eye. I was on the hill above the beer tent, facing the uphill triple with the Start/Finish table top to my left. Hope they keep the track there are run it again next year. Anyone else go?

Yeah - I was there !

Track was really good - Herlings was definitely a lot quicker. They (being the top guys in the world) made it look so easy most of the time.

Watching Gautier Paulin to the

(he was the only one doing it in the races).

pretty amazing for a first time holding the GP