How Did You Vision Your Life In Thailand

ray23

I'm not sure what my vision of living here was, pretty girls that was for sure and that has been very true. But after three years my life is much more middle income America then I thought it would ever be.

How about you?

Ray, just the other day a friend from the states emailed me and asked how I handled the 'culture shock'. It caused me to think for a second and I realized that (for me) there really isn't much of a culture shock at all. I pretty much live the same way I did in the states....cheaper of course. I don't think I would want to live a real 'primitive' lifestyle. Might be good for some people but not me. :o

Heck......I even crap on an 'American Standard' toilet.....LOL. :D

I do not live in Thailand yet. But I do not have this big fantasy of bars and beautiful women either. Even though when I first started to come to Thailand that was what it was about. I don't expect to lead a much differn't life other than the fact that for the most part the people are nice and they speak another language.

What sugar plums where you seeing? :o

i thought i would be living on a tropical island drinking booze and eating and partying everyday.

But in reality i will probaly working 6 days a week in hot weather then thinking ###### this and move back to australia.

But i hope i will live there permently within 3 years

Heck......I even crap on an 'American Standard' toilet.....LOL. :D

Good to know you do not live in a 'squat'... :o

I don't think I knew or had in real clear cut idea of what I was gettting to. But, I'm today very content with what is going on. I sent some photos of our new home to friends in America, they were amazed I guess they thouhgt I was living in a bamboo shack. There are in fact lots of beautiful women here and bars if that is your vision, you certanly can have it. :D