Marriage Visa To 1 Yr Work Permit

Have stayed in Thailand for a few years now on a married visa as have Thai spouse. However i am now working and have a workpermit, as funds are tight this year (400k) for Marraige visa was looking to get my visa via the work permit route this time and was wondering how best to go about it. Basically my existing visa doesn't expire until end of June. I will pick up my work permit on 20th March. What should i do? 1. wait until my visa expires in June and then renew just inmy name with work permit option, but do i only get a further 9 months then or do i get 12months? 2, Go to immigration now and renew visa with work permit for 12 months. 3. Renew marriage visa in June via income criteria as ok over 40kpm with work permit, but again will i get 12 month marraige visa as work permit already 3m old by then.

Appreciate if anyone knows a good answer on this and saves me an additional trip to immigration.

Keep what you got and wait as ur earning 40k you will be able to renew it based on marriage still.

Iv had both before and it'd always best to not rely on work because (and hopefully it never happens o you)if they decide to get rid of you the visa stops that day, if you have your marriage visa then you can keep that until next renew time wen the cycle starts again

Thanks for info. Yes i do understand i can renew marriage visa on income, but do they need to see a work permit/contract valid for 12 months to renew my 12 month marriage visa because when my marriage visa expires, the work permit will be 3 months old and i will be 3 months into my contract. I understand the options available to me i'm just trying to get the timing right if possible!

Thanks for info. Yes i do understand i can renew marriage visa on income, but do they need to see a work permit/contract valid for 12 months to renew my 12 month marriage visa because when my marriage visa expires, the work permit will be 3 months old and i will be 3 months into my contract. I understand the options available to me i'm just trying to get the timing right if possible!

Hi - I've used both over 15 years - when I changed from marriage (with 400k in bank) to marriage with monthly income over 40K the fact that I had already started employment wasn't an issue. I waited until my current extension was up for renewal & then showed all the required company docs. There was a bit of back & forth getting all the docs required, then a wait for approval (I think 30 days). When approved it was good for another 12months & the next renewal was easier as I knew all the info that was required.

All they need is to see receipts that you have pad tax on 40k for the last 3 months, company paperwork,marriage cert photos etc

All you need to show is 3 months of tax payments and work permit to verify you are working legally.

I have just started working for a school so do you know who and how the tax is paid. Only just got my first work permit so a bit naive. I've read a bit about schools 'negotiating' tax payments etc. So how do i get 3 months confirmation of tax paid? Do i do it somehow or the school? Sorry if i sound dumb but have not gone through this process before. Marriage visa expires end of june so if get these proof of payments it would seem the way forward....... any ideas?

All you need to show is 3 months of tax payments and work permit to verify you are working legally.

I have just started working for a school so do you know who and how the tax is paid. Only just got my first work permit so a bit naive. I've read a bit about schools 'negotiating' tax payments etc. So how do i get 3 months confirmation of tax paid? Do i do it somehow or the school? Sorry if i sound dumb but have not gone through this process before. Marriage visa expires end of june so if get these proof of payments it would seem the way forward....... any ideas?

If you are teaching, the extension rules are different with no 40,000 pcm salary requirement, but you would need a government waiver or a recognised teaching degree to qualify.

Tax is paid monthly by your employer and filed using tax form Por Ngor Dor 1 which will list your name, salary, tax deducted plus tax code, copies will be required of the payment slips from the tax office as well.

Every February you must also fill out and file an annual personal tax return (PND 91 - you have to do this yourself and will get the form sent to your home by the Tax Department); immigration will want to see this as well.

Your Work Permit does not need to run concurrently with your extension so just go to Immigration less than 30 days before the current one expires and if all is ok you will get a conditional approval which will then be confirmed as a one year extension with 11 months remaining about a month later.

You will also need all the papers you supplied last year for your extension, bank account excluded.

Depending on your area, immigration may also ask to see copies of other official documents/papers from your employer.