Garbage Problems?

Tywais

Does anyone know if there is a new garbage problem in Chiangmai/Hang Dong? I live in Kwan Wiang village and all the street side garbage recepticles have disappeared (I mean every street, not stolen). I remember a sound truck driving through the village a couple of weeks ago saying something about "kai yah me pben-ha" but didn't catch it all. Don't know what to do with my trash now. :o

Maybe all the garbage laborers have gone to rally? I live within the moats on a street where garbage usually is collected every night, no exception in more than a year - not even when there were problems elsewhere in the city (an advantage of living in a tourist district).

However, the last two days, no garbage has been collected.

Maybe all the garbage laborers have gone to rally? I live within the moats on a street where garbage usually is collected every night, no exception in more than a year - not even when there were problems elsewhere in the city (an advantage of living in a tourist district).

Interesting. What I can't understand is that they removed all the garbage cans (well not cans but big round black things that tries to look good) and people are just putting garbage in bags and setting them on the sois. Guess will find out in a few days if any collection takes place. :o

Interesting. What I can't understand is that they removed all the garbage cans (well not cans but big round black things that tries to look good) and people are just putting garbage in bags and setting them on the sois. Guess will find out in a few days if any collection takes place. :o

Have you asked around your muubaan?

Have you asked around your muubaan?

That's too simple. :o Went to the mini-mart after work today and completely slipped my mind to ask. But good idea, will try tomorrow.

Edited by tywais

Does anyone know if there is a new garbage problem in Chiangmai/Hang Dong? I live in Kwan Wiang village and all the street side garbage recepticles have disappeared (I mean every street, not stolen). I remember a sound truck driving through the village a couple of weeks ago saying something about "kai yah me pben-ha" but didn't catch it all. Don't know what to do with my trash now. :D

You can always try the new garbage dump that's quite popular these days. Just drive along the outer ring road, south side of city between superhwy & old Lamphun Rd, & chuck your bags out the window onto the soft shoulder. Southern side seems to be most popular right now. If you can't find this particular dump, just locate any quiet soi with derelict land & take your choice. Garbage problem solved :o:D

Chiang Mai is so beautiful nowadays :D

The Rose of the north has become one large ash tray. Good to see the local boy made good is living up to his toxin nickname...