Thais Good Deeds Done Cheap

welsh1

We all have many stories about the times we have been dealt a ruff blow, been ripped off, been taking advantage of, I for one have lost count of how many times it as happened to me, The amount of times some one as done a good deed for me, for a good price, and not tried to rip me off because I'm a fa rang other than close (family members) I could probably count on one hand.

Normally I am the first to speak up and run down the Thais, but what happened yesterday I have to speak up, not all Thais are the same, they are not all out to rip us off.

Been having some problems lately with the truck, new this and a new that, which every thing seems to cost a arm and a leg nowadays. Which put a big huge dent in my Wallet sad.png

Yesterday as I was travelling home, just crossed the railway crossing, and Jesus Christ the gear stick came out in my hand ( Grrrrrr Arggg)

Lucky for me right outside where they repair the punctures on motor bikes, Can not do he said, we only do punctures, then he got his phone out, phoned a mate then two Thais turned up on a motor bike, he took apart the center console to get to the gear box, he then took a 4inch bolt, which he inserted into the gear box, and used that as a gear stick thumbsup.gif

Come with me he said, we had a little chat in the truck, where you from, how long you stay in Thailand, etc.

I asked him is name, he said my name is (Duck) well that's what it sounded like to me biggrin.png

Then we got to the garage, (thai style).

All in all he must have worked on my truck for maybe 1 hour, finished now ok, I asked him how much, he went to ask Mama the big Boss for the price of this job.

Now this is when I started panicking, ok I was stuck on the side of the road, I need the job done regardless of how ever much they were going to charge me.

He then came back to me. 100baht he said, smile.png Thank you very much, he give the big boss the payment,

as I was leaving, I went over to Duck and shoke his hand, and give him some money, have a few beers on me wai2.gif

Thais good deeds done cheap. any OP got any good tales, would like to hear them thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I got a puncture on my last road trip on the scooter, quite a way from nearest village.

One guy rocked up on his bike and told us it was couple km to the closest bike garage.

After a pause, he asked us to follow him couple hundred yards to his mates place.

He fixed our puncture for us and said we were lucky as it was on promotion, good heart day :)

He was a little drunk but having a laugh and singing the whole time he was working in the bike...

The tyre was flat again the next day :)

Had a flat tyre on the rented motor bike in koh chang. Me and wife in the middle of no where. Thai middle aged couple comes past and take multiple trips moving us and bike to nearest tyre fix shop. I try to give small tip but they just wouldn't accept it..

Another time in koh phangan by myself years ago. In the front of daihatsu songtao.. laughing with the driver at taxi infront with some hot thai girls..

When we reached my destination I pulled out my wallet to pay him (which was pretty empty being the end of the night),

He commented I didn't have enough money for beer and gave me 50 baht for beer

I had amazing sex last night...with a stunning...tall...slim...young...educated...white skinned...thai girl...who has a great high paying job...and no money changed hands...and she paid for dinner...I am more than a little scared...

And then you woke up............dream on mate you been reading too much Thaivisa

• Like 1

I had amazing sex last night...with a stunning...tall...slim...young...educated...white skinned...thai girl...who has a great high paying job...and no money changed hands...and she paid for dinner...

I am more than a little scared...

And when my sister returned home she said it was the most hilarious night of her life so far-couldn,t stop her laughing-keep up the good work Phronesis clap2.giftongue.png

I had amazing sex last night...with a stunning...tall...slim...young...educated...white skinned...thai girl...who has a great high paying job...and no money changed hands...and she paid for dinner...

Were you sitting down as you typed this, or does your ass still hurt?

Wasnt that teacher form upcountrys ladyboy girlfriend was it?

It's been my experience that the good outweighs the bad by a far margin in Thailand. Because of that I can accept the occasional bad experience... like having my motorbike head lamp smashed by some vandal the other night. And, I wasn't even parked in a bad place. I was lucky that that was all the damage done to the bike.

We all have many stories about the times we have been dealt a ruff blow,

been ripped off, been taking advantage of, I for one have lost count of

how many times it as happened to me, The amount of times some one as

done a good deed for me, for a good price, and not tried to rip me off

because I'm a fa rang other than close (family members) I

could probably count on one hand.

well, my experience has been just the opposite!

And the flipside, I pulled inot a gas station and some Thai cyclists were all gathered round their racing bikes , one of them had no air in his tyre although no puncture it seemed, They all didnt know how to get air into it as the dimwits had no bike pump with them and it seemed the gas station had no or a broken air machine. I grabbed my in car air pump connected to my cigarette lighter and pumped it up in seconds for them.

They were all very happy,

Reminded me of being a kid aged about 10 and my dad showing me how to take off a bike tyre and wheel, remove the inner tube clean and repair a puncture. I always took a repair kit out with me as I cycled a lot often 10-15 miles form home. and a pump.

• Like 1

So you got laid... Want to share it here? If it makes you happycoffee1.gif

And the flipside, I pulled inot a gas station and some Thai cyclists were all gathered round their racing bikes , one of them had no air in his tyre although no puncture it seemed, They all didnt know how to get air into it as the dimwits had no bike pump with them and it seemed the gas station had no or a broken air machine. I grabbed my in car air pump connected to my cigarette lighter and pumped it up in seconds for them.

They were all very happy,

Reminded me of being a kid aged about 10 and my dad showing me how to take off a bike tyre and wheel, remove the inner tube clean and repair a puncture. I always took a repair kit out with me as I cycled a lot often 10-15 miles form home. and a pump.

Your flip side drew my attention. Mr. rattler. I have one of those car pump lighters myself. They don't always work, you knowwink.png .

Did her gear stick come out in your hand?

• Like 1