Ed Visa Change Of School?

I have been on my Ed visa for 3 months approx and would like to know if it is possible to change schools without having to start a new Visa, and by that I mean Leaving the country to Start the Application process again.

Any Info would be appreciated.

(extended single stay) I changed schools a few years ago. It was an issue getting the information required from the first school. Even with the second school helping me ask the first school, what they gave me was a joke and it was lucky that the second school could get it sorted, from what they told me. They seemed to be able to sort the problems out and I was able to extend the stay for another two years without a problem.

Can I ask, is there a time limit on the number years learning Thai? If using multi-entry visas and changing to single entry visas does one negate the other? After 3 years of extended stay, does it nullify the right to ask for this visa to learn more? I have an (semi) advanced knowledge of Thai but don't think I am good enough yet and am told, by my school, I have exhausted the visa category already.

The school's course is accredited. The accreditation determines how long you can study there. The time allotted for your course at your current school is apparently finished. But you could always study something new and are not limited to Thai language.

• Like 2

@ Lopburi3

I have a single entry of 90 days and the 90 days is due for extension in 10 days time from now (which will be the first extension). The reason for changing schools is there are too many students in the class and progress is limited due to this. I self study and am starting with a private tutor also, for me 2 hrs X 2 days per week with 15-20 people in one classroom is a waste of my time. I would like to change to a 3 person group maximum, PLC in Pattaya preferred option, or one on one tutoring with visa inclusive with a recommended "experienced" teacher. ?

Any info would be great.

I Just spoke with Pro language and they are telling me that its too soon and are "worried" for immigration and for my visa's sake to change and renew within this week, spoke with PLC "the new school" and they also said that i can renew with the old schools extension paperwork "Pro Language" and after that I can move to PLC the new school and they will inform immigration that I have changed school, I will probably have to go into immigration with documentation about changing school etc. But from what I gather I wont need to leave the country and everything should be okay apart from visiting immigration. As I don't speak Thai well and this is Thailand I don't know if it will be okay but i'm relying on both schools info at this point. Or its back to Vientiane for me lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across your post. Sorry if this is a bit late, but perhaps it will help you or someone else in your situation.

If you want to change schools you need......(quoted from the school I attend - Pro language).

**If students come from another school please prepare documents as follows;
1. Reference letter from last school.
2. Resignation letter from last school
3. If your visa expired before Thai course finished, you have to ask the documents from last school to extension at immigration.

so it seems you do not need to leave the country if you current ED visa is still valid. It may be a good idea to go into your new school first to make sure you have everything you need. The new school will help you a lot - as they will want you as their student!

• 1 month later...

Check with your new school abut the process for changing schools while on an ED-visa.

A multiple entry ED-visa is in the region unlikely. They expect you to extend your stay at immigration. Maybe, and that is very maybe, they will issue if you need to travel abroad a lot because of your study.