What About Thai "bachelor Degrees"?

Kf6vci

While browsing through the single website advertised on this website, I noticed that a very high number of young ladies claim a BA degree. Nurses etc. - but I heard that there are nursing degrees at Western universities, too. Could someone shed a light on this?

good question, a lot studied at University and are finished with arround 20, what is arround the age I started to studie with a minimum time (which noone ever passed) of 5 years.

And I found some technican (on other fields I can not check it, thru lack of knowlege myself) from University who don't know what a tan, sin, cos is. Never heared that..... My father told them how to use it and they were very happy about this amazing tool for calculation....

A other told me that he knows that it is theoreticaly possible to calculate ball bearings and he knows that due to his high degree. But really noone is doing it as it is soooo dificult that it is basically impossible to do. So just fit what fits inside (anyway in almost all cases of repair that is working).

I think they understand something different for the word "University" than I (Austria).

Maybe different system???

While browsing through the single website advertised on this website, I noticed that a very high number of young ladies claim a BA degree. Nurses etc. - but I heard that there are nursing degrees at Western universities, too. Could someone shed a light on this?

My sister has just finished her Masters in Nursing (don't know the actual name of the degree, but that's what it is) in the UK - she's forty. Took her about 7 years, but she had to have many years of Nursing experience before she qualified for the course (NHS funded it).

I work with a lot of Indian's who are all grduates - many with Masters and even Ph.D's. There are over a million graduates a year in India! I had a job lot for a project I was working on - all IT graduates with high degrees in various IT and Mathmatical based subjects. None of them knew what Hexadecimal was. I had to explain binary to several. These are basic concepts taight in high school!

I have an Indian friend who has several degrees and used to tutor post grads. He told me that often students pay for their degrees or the teachers will do the exam for them. Cheating is rife - especially where money is concerned. Others have told me the opposite. So I guess it is prevalent in some areas and not in others (or maybe, some Uni's and not others).

Edited by wolf5370

Well if you finish high school when you are 17 (as I did in Aust) you can finish your 3 year undergraduate when you are still 20. 20 year old Thai chikcs look and act like 15 year old Western chicks.

Easy to be confused.

Then add to the equation rampant cheating and poor academic tutoring at some Thai universities and you get kids with BAs who barely know anything.

But no - the definition of university is exactly the same.

Most basic degree programs in the US are either Associates degree programs (two years), or Bachelors degree programs (four years).

Many Bachelors degree programs at US Universities are moving towards taking more than four years to complete; for example there are quite a few engineering programs at US Universities that now require five years to complete.

So what is the typical/ standard time period to complete the average Thai Bachelors degree program?

If i look at the curricula for some of the universities and the number of hours spent on non essential courses to the subject you want to major in and the amount specifically major related, then i'm not surprised so little is known by degree holders here.

Add to that excessive memorizing for the short term, some buying and selling of degrees and you get a pretty grim picture.

Why do you think so many want to study abroad?

I think you will find a lot of them are liars........

Your one-liner, often racist, unsubstantiated pot-shots are totally out of line, Mr. FBI. A brief perusal of your posts reveal that you only crawl out from under your rock when you can stir the pot with a quick sniper shot, but seldom add any substance to the thread. IMO, you should hold your fire until you have something a little more solid to contribute--maybe even something positive, as radical as that thought may be. :o

Edited by toptuan