Pattaya Officials Begin Songkran Planning

Rimmer

Pattaya officials begin Songkran planning

n2Songkran-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Songkran still may be two months away, but Pattaya officials already are making plans to bring at least some sanity to Thai New Year bedlam.

Deputy Mayor Wattana Chantanawaranon presided over a Feb. 13 meeting to detail official plans for the April 18-20 water festival. He said this year’s Songkran event will be larger than in past years, focusing on a mix of Thai tradition and contemporary culture.

Activities begin April 18 with the Naklua “wan lai” water-throwing festival. Alms will be offered to 99 monks at Lan Po Park at 7 a.m. and a Buddha parade will proceed around Naklua Market beginning at 10 a.m. The elderly will receive gentle water blessings before crowds begin to throw wet stuff on anyone and everyone.
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-officials-begin-songkran-planning-22866

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-03-01 footer_n.gif

So Songkran will begin on 19th April? Does that mean the water that will soak me daily from the 12th of April is not blessed?

You're actually quite blessed if all of it is really just water. :(

• Like 2

Meeting at 13 February and published on 1 March?

Wow.........Who needs planning here?

It's about time the Pattaya Mail is going to use e-mail whistling.gif

Just another sound byte. Nothing will change on this subject any more than any other subjects Thailand needs help with. I will be home from the 12th to the 20th. Back when it's over. Have Fun!

• Like 1

I thought Songran always ended on the 19th in Pattaya. . this article says the 20th?. . anyone know if there will there still be water throwing on the Saturday the 20th?. .

The official Songkran day in Pattaya is on the 20th, and in Jomtien on 21st, oh and Nakeua on 19th if the last few years are anything to go by. It varies from place to place, if you are keen you can follow it from the the north starting 14th, which is when the water starts flying.

Land in Pattaya on 14th to play, my 13 year old is looking forward to it .

I thought Songran always ended on the 19th in Pattaya. . this article says the 20th?. . anyone know if there will there still be water throwing on the Saturday the 20th?. .

The official Songkran day in Pattaya is on the 20th, and in Jomtien on 21st, oh and Nakeua on 19th if the last few years are anything to go by. It varies from place to place, if you are keen you can follow it from the the north starting 14th, which is when the water starts flying.

Land in Pattaya on 14th to play, my 13 year old is looking forward to it .

Not correct. The official days are 13th and 14th, but the, "main" day in Pattaya is the 19th! I believe the water throwing will still be going on in Jomtien on the 20th, but Pattaya itself is fairly dry on the 20th.

• Like 1

Meeting at 13 February and published on 1 March?

Wow.........Who needs planning here?

It's about time the Pattaya Mail is going to use e-mail whistling.gif

Just another sound byte. Nothing will change on this subject any more than any other subjects Thailand needs help with. I will be home from the 12th to the 20th. Back when it's over. Have Fun!

clap2.gif I'm out of the country from 23-3 until 23-4...........just in case something is getting mis-planned!