Excessive Drinking Blamed For Drowning At Jomtien Lake

webfact

Excessive drinking blamed for drowning at Jomtien Lake

drown-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Friday afternoon, Pattaya Sea Rescue Services were called to a lake located inside Soi 7 off the Tepprasit Road to assist in the search of a man who was presumed drowned in a lake at the location.

After 2 hours of searching the body of Khun Suar aged 39 was removed from the lake as his wife looked on in sheer disbelief.

It is known he had gone to the lake to meet two friends and all three were consuming potent Thai Whisky known in Thai as “Low Kaow”. The victim decided he needed to cool-off and went for a swim as his two drunken friends continued to drink.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/77181/excessive-drinking-blamed-drowning-jomtien-lake/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-02

I used to go for a swim in this pond in years past many times. It's deeper than 7 feet only in the middle, and only after a heavy rainfall, never tought anyone could drown in it. Five, six years ago I had the pond all day long for myself, but then Thais and the Cambodians from a nearby construction site discovered it, and litter build up in and around the water. It's going to be lonesome again with the dead man's ghost hauntig the place.

I used to go for a swim in this pond in years past many times. It's deeper than 7 feet only in the middle, and only after a heavy rainfall, never tought anyone could drown in it. Five, six years ago I had the pond all day long for myself, but then Thais and the Cambodians from a nearby construction site discovered it, and litter build up in and around the water. It's going to be lonesome again with the dead man's ghost hauntig the place.

OK if you are nearly 8 foot (1.2M) tall. but if some one is really drunk they could drown in 3" (75mm) of water.