Where to buy 2nd hand tv and fridge in bangkok?

enchanted

There's a second-hand store in Phra Khanong.  Here's how to find it:

Get on the Skytrain, Sukhumwit line, and head toward the On Nut end (unless, of course, you get on at On Nut).  The Phra Khanong station is the last one just before you get to the end of the line at On Nut.  Get off the Skytrain at Phra Khanong on the odd-numbered side of the street.  (That is, sois on one side of Sukhumwit are all even-numbered, on the other odd-numbered.  If you are headed toward On Nut on the Skytrain, the odd-numbered side will be on your left.)

Leave the train station at Phra Khanong and walk back toward the Mor Chit end of the line (that is, in the direction from which you came).  Within a few meters of the station, you will see on your right a store selling ovens, kitchen equipment and so on; it has "Smeg" on its signs.  Walk to the entrance to the parking lot that serves this store -- the entrance is right next to the store -- and turn right.  Walk past the store and the now empty Food Lion building, and when you come to the corner of the building, make a 45 degree turn to your right.  Just ahead you will see another row of shops.  The first one is a beauty salon, and right next to it is the second-hand store.

The store has TV's, DVD/VCD players, computers, a Xerox machine or two, some cameras, stereos, printers, and a few other things.  Sorry, I don't recall refrigerators!  But then I'm not interested in them, so maybe I just ignored them.

I can't advise you on prices.  Sometimes this store seems a bit high on some of its items, I would say.  At least this will give you a benchmark.

Maybe there is something in the weekend market area, out near the Mor Chit end of the Skytrain??

Hi LordHawHaw,

Thanks for the detailed info...can actually pictured myself walking there now..hehehe...

Anyway, the prices will be definitely cheaper than the new stuff I buy from shopping centres, right...?

Will pay the place a visit when I'm there...with a face-mask (as imposed by the Thai Authorities) as I'm from Singapore. Hopefully, the shop owner will not chase me away before I can bargain the prices...  :o

Prices may not be all that attractive for used gear!  By all means have a look at the new stuff, see whether you want to pay the premium for a warranty, etc.  BTW the Sony people here are very good at warranty and non-warranty repairs, so that may be worth the higher cost to some folks.  

For new stuff, the tip is that all the good brands, such as Sony, Panasonic, Philips (and as opposed to the "Where's this thing made??" brands) are the same price, whether you buy them from a simple shop or a fancy mall.

Refrigerators are not very expensive new, IMHO.  Have fun.

Robinsons Suk.Soi 19,Carrefor and Makro on Sri Nakarin-Suk. are where I find we get the best prices on most Electrical white goods,Fridges,freezers,microwaves etc. I have compared new with seconds and recon it just aint worth the hassle.No warranty or guarantee-they do exist, (domestic-not commercial or industrial-different market)

Last visit I got a new Microwave for the late night after the pubs shut snacks-with 2 am chucking out time now not so late and it worked out at @ 1800Bt.(£25)-wee beauty.

The only things we bring from the UK now are believe it or not steam irons..the ones with the water container underneath (makro-Enfield) for her laundry business-Thai ones NO-Good...and ??? watches for the family????-DKNY-Baby G-or whatever?

::o