I Think Prices In Thailand For Cars Are Insane!

My wife will be selling her 2004 Honda Civic for about that price.

Wow. is it the old model ? or after the January 2004 face lift that model ?

Myself think they look better that the newer model, but for the price [only ever seen them for 450k and up for a 2004 [RX or EXi appear the only ones with leather]

The Seat and the Skoda are far cheaper + have leather and climate control

Old model. According to Thanachart Bluebook http://www.thanachartbluebook.com/detail_car.asp?P1=D642849DCFD4D8BE5DB02674B8E4269C9B304182DB8ED832B1A15177372753DB it's worth 380k

I have had one of these and also think its looks better than the never models. Btw,great car, bought new in 2004 with some discount 720K. Should have kept it especially when I see its still worth around 380K.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just checking 2002 BMW for 800 k

somebody must be crazy here, I mean, the old car like that for 800 000 bht?

THat is just insanity

In europe you get 2008 or 2009 BMW for that money.

My budget it like 300k for a decent car, do I get a decent car for this here or do I get a old rusty wagon?

Car prices in Thailand is not insane...

You should see Singapore's!

Exactly only some cars here are expensive like the germans and the sportcars but the prices of the decent japanese car

exept the lexus ofcourse are fine.

The road to disappointment is littered with the likes of Alfa, Peugeot, Renault and the occasional VW. But if you like to tinker......

Nothing absolutely terrible about an old rear-drive Peugeot if its drivetrain has been entirely replaced by one out of an old Toyota. I've often thought of getting an old Peugeot 505 or 404 and having a 1300cc Toyota engine put in it as they do.

do you get any car like 2010 for 400 - 500k

and not some micro car?

You can get a Ford Focus 2008 both as a saloon or a hatch for around 400k.

2012 Proton Persona, top model some even with CNG 4 door saloon.......... 370 - 400 k

2011 Proton Gen 2 top model 5 door Hatch........ 340 - 370 k

Many Pickups 2 door or 4 door, depends on Make. as to year for 400 - 500 k

Even can buy a 2010 Toyota Vios ........ could maybe lucky even find one with Airbag and ABS for 500k

ABS and Airbags are NOT on all models here, you can still buy many cars and pickups today without these basic safety items as standard

and not some micro car?

ABS and Airbags are NOT on all models here, you can still buy many cars and pickups today without these basic safety items as standard

Another good reason to consider an older model Euro car as most came with those features for years now..

what is Proton? Made in Thailand, I am not against Mitsubishi, and Ford are super reliable cars, I have one at home in Europe, had 2 ford mondeos for years and I must say they did not give me any trouble at all.

I canf find ford mondeos on ford official sites anymore. Is mondeo discontinued?

I would go with focus like 5 yo for 400k, I think that is a good price but I doubt somebody is selling them for that price

what is Proton? Made in Thailand, I am not against Mitsubishi, and Ford are super reliable cars, I have one at home in Europe, had 2 ford mondeos for years and I must say they did not give me any trouble at all.

I canf find ford mondeos on ford official sites anymore. Is mondeo discontinued?

I would go with focus like 5 yo for 400k, I think that is a good price but I doubt somebody is selling them for that price

Mondeo discontinued ? er 15 years ago in Thailand

Edited by kartman

and not some micro car?

2010?

You say up to 5 years this is possible for 400K.

http://www.dealfish.co.th/product-1741325/

that is a great choice, I always loved hilux cars, but how big is the consumption?

that is a great choice ?? it is a Single Cab + a 'J' spec = NO ABS NO Airbags.......... you can get a 2010 or 2011 Ford Ranger 'Open Cab' for very little more. http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet3.aspx?cib=1091441

If you like FORD then a Ranger would be cheaper + correct model has ABS and Airbags biggrin.png http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet3.aspx?cib=983296

If you are happy with NO safety, No steering should you get into a slide then there are many car and trucks here for the money.

Do you want Manual or Automatic?........ here car with manual = cheapest and base models made in Thailand........ Trucks manual can get basic to all the options, Automatic most are with full option = much higher price.

...............Proton are from Malaysia, the above listed are with ABS, Airbags etc. [leather, multi function buttons on steering wheel]

Just one website here in Thailand Ford Focus http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/TbSch3F_Inf.aspx#mk:10+md:476

Ford Mondeo was an import at around 1 million baht for last ones in 1998 = very expensive

and not some micro car?

2010?

You say up to 5 years this is possible for 400K.

http://www.dealfish.co.th/product-1741325/

that is a great choice, I always loved hilux cars, but how big is the consumption?

My sis in law has a 2008 2.5 diesel handgear Toyota hilux Vigo its only a extra cab but she runs 1 liter 14 km with it ,she bought it new for 560 K.

If your budget is 300k you may as well keep the money in the bank and just use taxi's when you can't ride your scooter.

You can buy a brand new DFM 2 door small pick up with LPG for just under 300k. A lot depends on what you want it for.

uh, i am not in a mood to buy a car that is 10 years old, I am ok with 5 yo

what about some crap like jazz honda 5 yo? that should run around 400000 right?

I rather stick with some good motorbike then I think for 200000, plus you can drive it everyday

Hardly fair to regard a Jazz or all older Cars n Trucks as crap. Untill reacently A ferang near me had a Nissan Big M. Jap Import, older than Gods Dog, as good a ride as a new one, i see a Colt,before it became Mitsu , doing sterling service at Mom and Pops shop nearby, now how old is that you experts.. ?.coffee1.gif

I have a 20 year old Toyota Corona automatic with LPG conversion which I bought for 150K about three years ago, and it's been very reliable.

Who buys a second hand BWM or Benz anyway ?

You visit an official retailed and give your 2 millions (if you are poor) andd get a brand new one.

Of if you cannot afford it just buy a Toyota truck like Somchai !

Who buys a second hand BWM or Benz anyway ?

You visit an official retailed and give your 2 millions (if you are poor) andd get a brand new one.

Of if you cannot afford it just buy a Toyota truck like Somchai !

The money stream doesn t end with the buying after this you have the regular trip to the official BMW or Benz dealer.

They are like carmafia and designed to make money for the dealer afterwoods try to renew your own rear breakpads on the benz without the extra

tools you ll find out can t do this.

BMW has the reset system for after oilchange with a key or some secret on the dashboard.

Both of these factory s are far over the top with there behaviour.

Every error showing on your dash needs to be reset at a dealer to.

I say let them to the rich and long live Toyota they still rule.

Not joking, really, who is stupid enough to buy a second and car in Thailand ?

The only Thai I know selling them makes 200k/month because he never sells any car without cheating the meter and many other things...

The only Thai I know selling them makes 200k/month because he never sells any car without cheating the meter and many other things...

Buying second hand here you simply have to ignore the km stand for al cars and bikes to older then a few years.

And get your info on the wear out of pedals ,steeringwheel ,the driverseat,sound and smoke from the engine and testdrive it aswell.

If these things don t fit you ,you should buy new or almost new.

If you only have 50,000 baht, you have no choice - and some of us are clever enough to find something good even in a tough environment. My old Ke-70, while hardly anybody's dream car, has served me very well. Of course it helps to be 'in good' with middle class Thais - buying a one owner car is better than dealing with those 'tents', obviously - in fact my sellers allowed me to pay in five monthly installments of 10,000, while driving the car all the while.

you either drive the local old car or no buy a motosai ...

yes import taxes up to 307% is crazy

and all in the name of self protection

free trade my *ss

Thai goverment made deals with a lot of other country s in the past the japanese are the ones to supply the 2 and 4 wheelers.

If you like them it s your advantage if you don t its not at al ,almost every bike and car from Germany new or old has only because of it s scarcity

a higher value.

I once could buy a some 2 old rusty german zundapps from the 50 tees no books or plates or reciept came with it only a lot of rust.

He problaby brought them in over land somewhere on a road without any bordercontrol.

Still asking 40 Kbaht a piece.

Thats the thing you create with this.

Real people, in the world, who need not be coddled and wisely don't make an investment that large in Thailand.. Do you think dealerships are the only one's who sell used cars? rolleyes.gif Silly you ....

you either drive the local old car or no buy a motosai ...

yes import taxes up to 307% is crazy

and all in the name of self protection

free trade my *ss

Thai goverment made deals with a lot of other country s in the past the japanese are the ones to supply the 2 and 4 wheelers.

If you like them it s your advantage if you don t its not at al ,almost every bike and car from Germany new or old has only because of it s scarcity

a higher value.

Hardly just because of their scarcity, it's more because of their status in Thai culture and because as a general rule their owners take better care of them because they can afford to..