Castra Gym Pattaya

JaiLai

Have been a member of Tony's for many year but membership has expired and leaving Pattaya soon ( not soon enough! ) so just checking out some other gyms on a daily basis for something to do.

Was at Castra today, very very good equipment and facilities, spotless clean, all sorts of cardio equipment and weight machines - all look pretty new, all in working order.

It was a little hot inside but hey ho.

Also very nice pool and sauna available.

All in all a great place to train, 250 baht for a daily pass, can use everything for that price.

No doubt Tropo will have something to moan about but IMHO - worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he was at PRS gym

Yes, could have been PRS, it's on that road that cuts from 3rd road ( close to fly over at Bali hai ) through to Theppasit road, about 300 meters up on the left with a car park out the back.

Yes, could have been PRS, it's on that road that cuts from 3rd road ( close to fly over at Bali hai ) through to Theppasit road, about 300 meters up on the left with a car park out the back.

Yes that is PRS, its called Soi 17. Stingy with the aircon though.

Yes that is PRS, its called Soi 17. Stingy with the aircon though.

LOL - yes, i did notice a sign up with the timings of when they have the a/c on.

• 10 months later...

anyone know how to get to Castra on the cheap. I live near Diana inn (near the avenue shopping centre) and don't have private transport. I don't wan to pay for private moto taxi (how much would that cost) can I use a combination of baht buses to get close to the gym and then walk?

anyone know how to get to Castra on the cheap. I live near Diana inn (near the avenue shopping centre) and don't have private transport. I don't wan to pay for private moto taxi (how much would that cost) can I use a combination of baht buses to get close to the gym and then walk?

Just go to one of the several Tony's gyms in your area...you're miles away from Castra and no easy way to get their on public transport from central Pattaya. And why would you...Castra is nothing special...just a small neighborhood gym and figuring in round trip transportation, you'll end up spending twice Tony's prices

because Castra has a reasonably priced personal trainer

Which will be completely negated by your transportation costs and aggravation of getting there and back. If you must use Castra, I suggest renting yourself a moto, which you can get for 100-150 per day as that will be half the cost of taking the moto-dop boys.

Castra is at the top of khao Noi/talo. I think khao Talo may have songtaow service so I guess you could take the following songtaow route: Bua khow to South Pattaya...then up to Sukkie...then a white one on sukkie south to the foot of Kao Talo...and then tramsfer again and go all the way up To the 7-11at the top of the hill. Each segment would be 10 baht so that's 80 baht return. I would guesstimate that a moto-dop would be at least 100-150 baht each way or 2-300 return. Its about 7 km each way I would estimate.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya