Cheaper Quads

I have noticed for quite a while the assortment of non major brand quads available in Thailand, and I have always wondered about the quality.

So hopefully with this thread I will learn from other's experiences with them. I have no particular model in mind, but I have been thinking about picking one up for the farm.

When I was on the farm in Canada the trikes (long ago) and quads were absolutely brilliant for getting stuff done. I basically lived on my Honda Big Red during the summer months, I hardly ever needed the truck.

Anyhow, after buying a Lifan Cross and running it for 2 years already; I would be over the moon if I could find the quad equivalent of my bike (meaning dependability and value relative to the price).

As a side note, I know this thread is an open invitation for bashing Chinese and other lower brand machines. Please keep in mind, that if you haven't owned one, your opinion is welcome but don't just jump in to have a rant.

So how about it, any of you guys got one? Does it hold together? are repairs a problem? Can it hold its own when faced with hills and mud?

Edited by canuckamuck

Chinese vehicles are crap.

Now that is out of the way (and hopefully not repeated ad nauseum) we can get some real feedback. In the village there is one for sale at the Suzuki dealer, thinking about getting it for the daughter to tear around on...

I found this interesting to read http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/620267-imported-bikes-and-atv-dealers-in-central-thailand/

I guess you will have to spend at least double of what you pay for a compareable bike. Its obvious that a quad has to be more expensive. So maybe for +80k Baht you can find something interesting? Do these things get plates and registration? Must be fun out in the Pampas :)

I found this interesting to read http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/620267-imported-bikes-and-atv-dealers-in-central-thailand/

I guess you will have to spend at least double of what you pay for a compareable bike. Its obvious that a quad has to be more expensive. So maybe for +80k Baht you can find something interesting? Do these things get plates and registration? Must be fun out in the Pampas smile.png

According to your link the guy got it in very cheap. I wonder if its imported as farm equipment at a low rate. I had a polaris ranger in the states and it was around 10,000 usd but it was a beast and never got stuck :} Not sure i would have a need for it here but the trails around pattaya could easily be widened..