Fixed Term Products In Thailand

Lawrence. You might get some ideas reading this long-running thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/512929-whats-the-best-bank-interest-rate-in-thailand/?hl=%20best%20%20interest%20%20rates

Other similar, though probably older, threads can be found using Thaivisa forum search with search terms "best interest rates"

• Like 1

i try and watch the int.rates regular and what i have found you dont get good rates for long terms,

bkkbank 10months 3%,3yrs 2.625%.from which tax is deducted at 15%.

at the moment the best i have seen is kasikorn bank 3.10% fixed 13months.

any rate over 3% seems good.

as its been said have a look at the last few months of post in bank interest forum.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers On the fd rates. I may have misposted

What I meant was I am willing to park these in instruments other than fixed deposits

I placed some in a bond issue for 6 mths and got 3.25% and also willing to loon at annuities and any low risk unit trust

Any suggestions ? Thanks again !

Thanks for the answers On the fd rates. I may have misposted What I meant was I am willing to park these in instruments other than fixed deposits I placed some in a bond issue for 6 mths and got 3.25% and also willing to loon at annuities and any low risk unit trust Any suggestions ? Thanks again !

myself i only put money into fixed term accs.there are some savings accs.where you are not coved expecially bills of exchange.

all you see sometimes is not what you get,eg.advert yesterday 5months fixed 8.25% then when you read the small print that is only for 1month,av.over the term 2.85%.there are some posters [nam] who knows more about unit trusts.mind 2million bht doesnt earn you much.

and with fixed terms you can claim the tax back.

Thanks meatball ...I agree just keeping a cash float here and deciding on the amounts to stake here. How do you claim the tax back. I believe it is 15%. I believe only long term residents can do that right ?

Most of my accounts are in Singapore and Hong Kong and its a pain to keep visiting the money changer !

Thanks meatball ...I agree just keeping a cash float here and deciding on the amounts to stake here. How do you claim the tax back. I believe it is 15%. I believe only long term residents can do that right ?

Most of my accounts are in Singapore and Hong Kong and its a pain to keep visiting the money changer !

yes i do believe you have to be a resident.