Phuket Plumbing

GiantFan

I have searched around for a local plumber over the years to clear drains, pipe leaks, etc... but I was never very happy. Many times the problem arose again after a few months.

On Saturday I had a clog in the kitchen sink (2nd floor) and a small flood occurred on my kitchen floor. I googled Phuket Plumbing (yes, Google is my friend!) and sent out emails to 3 - 4 companies explaining the problem. This morning at 8:30AM, I rec'd a call from Gary at Total Water Solutions. His guy came around at around noon.

Initial snaking didn't do the trick. I showed him the utility cubby hole in the ceiling of the carport and he determined the problem was downstream. He cut a hole in the blue PVC pipe on ground level and snaked it and the clog was freed. Unfortunately, another clog was between the cut and the grease trap. This was then freed. Grease trap was also emptied.

Everything was cleaned and tidied up and left in good order. About 8 man hours (a second man arrived to help). Cost THB 1,500.

It was happy with the experience. Knowledgeable Thai man with pretty good English (Gary mentioned he usually comes on jobs, but was busy on a project quote). I usually do DIY myself but steer clear of plumbing. Too messy and smelly. Girlie, I know. Give me a paint brush and a ladder any day.

I know somebody will mention the price, but when you need it done the price is secondary. I can now use my kitchen as per normal. Also, it is now nearly 6PM on Monday and none of the other companies has even bothered to reply to my Saturday email. I will recommend this company to my friends in the future.

Gary Brett, Phuket-Plumbing.com - I met him one Sunday morning in Chalong while having breakfast at Happy Days on the Chalong pier road. Gave me his card as he overheard some of us talking about plumbing problems. Good to know he and his guys do a good job.

• 8 months later...

I used Gary shortly after the originally post in March, and was very happy with the work. Will need his help again tomorrow, to fix a water leak in my neighbors house.

If I only had found a electrician with the same standards of working I would have been most happy.

• 4 weeks later...

trouble in Thailand is that every man (and woman, usually burmese though) on the street considers themselves a plumber, plasterer, painter, brickie, sparky, builder etc. With no licensing/tradesmen what can we expect.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...