Are You Focused?

You got me beat Dancelot. I have an S95. I don't know if it's focused but the question was am I focused.

That would be a yes because I had lasik surgery. w00t.gif

Thanks i am still waiting for my lasik..cool.png .

Still up for the 95/100 challenge instead of the 20/20rolleyes.gif

So let's see...

Edited by Dancealot

I have monovision. They corrected my dominant (for me, right) eye to 20:15, and my left eye to 20:60. That makes my left eye slightly nearsighted so I can read really well without reading glasses, or see really well at distance with my right eye.

They say that vision is additive, and so I don't ever notice that at all times one eye or the other is ever so slightly blurry. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

That is one of the nice things about my Panasonic GH2 as it has a touch screen that you can touch very specifically on the point of focus you are interested in. It also includes tracking focus so if you have a non-stationary object such as a moving dog, it will focus lock onto it and ignore everything else.

Another nice thing about your GH2 and all other mirrorless cameras is that they are taking focus directly off the sensor and will therefore never be prone to the front/back focusing problems described in the linked article; problems that plague DSLRs, where the focusing mechanism is independent of the sensor and alignment problems can lead to out of focus shots.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...