What Strategy Will Thaksin Shinawatra Employ Now?

webfact

Taksin has been a burning issue for 7 years now. He won't be coming back any time soon. I recon people are starting to forget him already. His worse fear must be that he disappears into oblivion. Taksin who?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although it's probably a bit too early to say so, this may become a very good year for wine vinegar.

Instead of asking why the Democrats candidate didn't get more votes, it might be good to wonder about why the Pheu Thai candidate didn't get more. Various possibilities there:

- it rained heavely for a while, first time since weeks (very suspect!)

- polls led people to believe their vote was not needed (dark influence suspected!)

- there aren't more Pheu Thai supporters in Bangkok (obviously this can't be true!)

- lots of voters didn't like the PM and some Amply Rich elite surrounding Pongsapat (obviously nonsense!)

- someone kept the UDD and their members from participating (BTW where were they?)

- it's not important as the government still controls over 75% of the BMA budget (so much for seamless co-operation)

Of course one may wonder why such an unimportant event as the election of the Bangkok governor required such high-level, frequent support of our PM? What did people think about the promise of the PM to work well with her candidate when elected? What did people think about involvement of Thaksin and his kids? Why did we have such enormous number of pickups driving around promoting the Pheu Thai candidate?

There is of course an easy, obvious answer to why Pheu Thai put such effort and money into this:

because it's not important

An insiginicant shot across the bows for this government, it has lost momentum in the unimportant matter of returning a catalyst back home, but it was never about that was it? It was all about who could fix the traffic problems and sidewalks, put in cycle lanes and mundane things like that, its why the both the major candidates broke voting records.

Important stuff these bike lanes to bangkokians I guess. Not that it matters to PT in the slightest, it will be seamless co-operation from here on out.

Edited by longway

One strategy Thaksin will have to think twice about now is the marching again of his troops to Bangkok. Unless he wants to make a declaration of all-out civil war. The election loss isn't just a setback for his return, it is a loss for the fabled story of army brutality against the 'peaceful' red demonstrators. The people of Bangkok have said 'we are not with you'. Now what are we left with? Red villages raging against Bangkok indifference? Burning down of regional town halls? Been there, done that.

If Pongsapat had won and Sukhumband had lost, somehow I doubt you would be making such extravagant claims for the winner.There were only 200,000 votes between them.Personally I doubt there is as much significance as many pundits believe.What do we know now that we didn't know before?

Having said that, some leading Democrats are scratching their heads as to why they didn't win with a larger margin.After if all the red devil propaganda line (which you have swallowed hook line and sinker) was believed there would be nobody voting for Pongsapat at all.As it was Sukhumband was given a run for his money.

I believe that Sukhumband would have been unelectable if it wasn't for the Thaksin factor. Soon the PTP will desert him just like Amsterdam and the redshirts and one day if you come to your senses so will you.

Edited by waza

One strategy Thaksin will have to think twice about now is the marching again of his troops to Bangkok. Unless he wants to make a declaration of all-out civil war. The election loss isn't just a setback for his return, it is a loss for the fabled story of army brutality against the 'peaceful' red demonstrators. The people of Bangkok have said 'we are not with you'. Now what are we left with? Red villages raging against Bangkok indifference? Burning down of regional town halls? Been there, done that.

If Pongsapat had won and Sukhumband had lost, somehow I doubt you would be making such extravagant claims for the winner.There were only 200,000 votes between them.Personally I doubt there is as much significance as many pundits believe.What do we know now that we didn't know before?

Having said that, some leading Democrats are scratching their heads as to why they didn't win with a larger margin.After if all the red devil propaganda line (which you have swallowed hook line and sinker) was believed there would be nobody voting for Pongsapat at all.As it was Sukhumband was given a run for his money.

I believe that Sukhumband would have been unelectable if it wasn't for the Thaksin factor. Soon the PTP will desert him just like Amsterdam and the redshirts and one day if you come to your senses so will you.

You clearly haven't been reading my posts (or possibly reading them but without adequate comprehension).

You clearly haven't been reading my posts (or possibly reading them but without adequate comprehension).

You state you dont support Thaksin, you even through in a few anti Thaksin remarks, but your voluminous boring post are all pro Thaksin, Actions speak louder than words.......

Reality is for people who cant handle drugs

post-46292-0-57955400-1362546470_thumb.j

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

You state you dont support Thaksin, you even through in a few anti Thaksin remarks, but your voluminous post are all pro Thaksin, Actions speak louder than words.......

I don't wish to be patronising but you really need to concentrate a little harder.My position was succinctly covered in an earlier post:

"Whether Thaksin returns or remains in exile has become less and less

important.It was never mainly about him anyway.His significance lay in

his role as a catalyst.Personally he is a rather poor strategist and in

no way an admirable man.But the hatred he inspires among some can't

change the reality that he has already won, by which I mean changed the

political landscape of Thailand and destroyed the status quo dominated

by unelected elites.Parties controlled by him have won time after time

at the polls, and it is the old order that has had to adapt."

It surely does not require a massive intellectual effort to distinguish between being pro Thaksin and recognising his huge catalytic significance.

Well, first step is saying not to be involved in (Thai) politics, following with a skype session with the executive committee in Pheu Thai HQ (aka closed cabinet session). Next young Oak will discover yet another assassination complot on his father and/or Democrat MP's trying to steal rice from government stock.

While this takes place a few more groups stuffed with learned members will provide various good reasons for an amnesty of political prisoners and other well meaning people, with UDD leaders vehement on including the sentence "except for Abhisit/Suthep of course". Furthermore there is a distinct possibility that coming Songkhran our most popular fugitive will be in Laos and Cambodia again to give all people the chance to adore him, with free transport arranged including free (rice) meals.

IMHO, of course

A man like Thaksin can't possibly survive without heaps of publicity,he's getting older now,and no doubt losing his drive,and getting more and more desperate to come back to Thailand a winner. Lets all relish in the thought the longer he is away the less chance he has of returning at all,never mind a winner!

It has ALWAYS been about Thaksin and it always will be until he dies.

He has no interest in the poor people of Thailand, little about the rich and nothing about the country at all.

As long as HE is the supreme person in the country that is all that matters to him.

His face MUST be the most important in the land and EVERYBODY must bow and scrape to him.

He has a monstrous ego that simply will not let go.

He has enough money that he cannot spend it in 20 lifetimes and if he spent it behind the scenes uniting the country quietly he would be welcomed home by now provided he kept a low profile.

He had many years to prove that he could have been a great statesman and brought Thailand into the leadership of ASEAN but his ego and greed is bringing Thailand to ruin.

• Like 1