Thai Food On Sukhumvit Soi 11

Deserted

Hi all, was walking along soi 11 the other day and happened to notice several Thai restaurants. One was an outdoor place on the corner of where the soi comes off the road and goes into a little sqaure with a bunch of other restaurants. There was another Thai restaurant near it (didn't catch the name), which also looked ok. Has anyone been in either? What about the one with a garden a bit further up?

Rosabeing is the larger of those mentioned. It has an outdoor area and an A/C room as well. Most nights they have some live jazz in the outdoor garden area. I have eaten there many times over a number of years. There are often Thais there and I have been with Thai friends who said they thought the food was good. It is relatively inexpensive for what it is. Give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

sounds like the other place is the outdoor restaurant for the soi 11 guesthouse (hostel?) not bad, but pricey. good curries.

the thai food selection on 11 is actually quite dire, the federal is no longer chap and cheerful, the penthouse coffee shop died an ignoble death even before the building was demolished, and the food stalls are often hit and miss.

Edited by candypants

Prefer Madam Saranair on Soi 15.....tried a few on Soi 11 and nowhere stands out...the best probably the guesthouse place but that is not saying much.

Edit: Prices are also higher generally on Soi 11.

Edited by smokie36

Chili culture is good for those one dish meal like fried rice something or the other

Tried other food and would say not that great

Suk 11 (the hostel place) does good food, some of the dishes I consider exceptional in fact (pomelo salad comes to mind), but certainly pricey.

Rosabieng is quite ok, and not too expensive.

Not too many other Thai food options in that soi that I can think of, let alone recommend.

Head across the road to soi 8. Some options for Thai food, a bit of music, and far more relaxed than soi 11. Head back to 11 for your drinkies and partying

One of my favourite Thai food restaurants in Bangkok is the Soi 5 Food Centre,right on the corner of Soi 5,just before you go into Saudi Arabia!

Great Thai food,all the favourite dishes and the fish is huge,the Grouper hangs off the plate whenever I eat there.Big bottles of Singha,small wine selection if you prefer,no-frills home-cooked food,can't beat it!

Great Foodland 24 hour supermarket just up the road in Kuwait,opposite the Amari Hotel if you want some take away food,beer or wine afterwards!Foodland's wine is the cheapest in Bangkok for the same wine compared to Tops,Villa Market etc.,huge selection too,German beers,Beer Lao Dark and Normal,I could go on!thumbsup.gif

The seafood restaurant on the shortcut through soi 5-7 has good food.

They serve a pretty decent tiger shrimp(The BIG one)... And their tomyamgung isn't that bad either..

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

The seafood restaurant on the shortcut through soi 5-7 has good food.

They serve a pretty decent tiger shrimp(The BIG one)... And their tomyamgung isn't that bad either..

Yes its the tiger prawns I was thinking of.

There's a couple of different Thai places along Suk Soi 11.

There are two there in particular that I've tried and liked:

1 is Rosabieng, which is further down the soi on the left hand side of the street with a green color sign and a large outdoor patio in front of their indoor, air con restaurant. Thai food, seafood and drinks, and a VERY large menu. Decent service and a pleasant place in the evening, espcially if sitting in the outdoors gazebo table that adjoins the pond there (assuming you don't mind more than a few mosquitoes).

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/bangkok-restaurant-reviews/rosabieng

2. is a small Thai place just near the Suk Soi 11 Hostel there, where the small side soi comes out to the main soi. I'm not entirely sure, since it's been awhile since I was there, but this may be the place I'm thinking of.

http://www.travelfish.org/eatandmeet_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/sukhumvit/1715

The OP I think is talking above about the other place that is much closer to the main road on the left hand side of the street, adjoining the Siam Commercial Bank branch there. They have a large outdoors patio and usually have vocal music in the evenings, though I've never visited or eaten there. Not sure why, except from memory, the menu prices seemed like they were aimed a bit at the two week millionaire crowd. Can't even place the name.

But here's a CNN recap of some of the other non-Thai restaurants on the street.

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/eat/where-eat-sukhumvit-soi-11-342203