Herman Miller Resin Chairs

mr3cho

Perhaps check with the local Herman Miller agent? They are located in the building in front of the Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road.

Herman Miller

The Promenade Décor, G Floor

Wireless Road, Bangkok

+662.655.0400

[email protected]

Thanks NMT ... sorry...I typed the OP in haste. I meant a knockoff of this type of chair as I can't yet afford real Herman miller furniture. biggrin.png

That's quite a timeless design. Originally from the 1970s/80s or retro style?

yea I'm beginning to realized most of the furniture in my youth that sticks out in my mind was a herman miller or designed by Eames

I have four of these Eames chairs back in the USA. My parents bought them in the 1950's as they were bridge players. They would be worth a small fortune if they were in mint condition which they are not. Someday I'd like to bring them over here ... some day.

2755_Eames-Leg-Splint978234.jpg

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Perhaps check with the local Herman Miller agent? They are located in the building in front of the Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road.

Herman Miller

The Promenade Décor, G Floor

Wireless Road, Bangkok

+662.655.0400

[email protected]

Walked right in front of that building the other day, the whole building looked empty, not just the HM store but every store in the building.

I only see here pictures of cheapo chairs....what makes one better than the other?

As with many designs that are commonplace today, it is difficult at times to imagine just how revolutionary they were when first introduced. Eames as a 20th century designer is right there with Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies Van de Rohe, the Bauhaus group, and others. His chair designs are in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.

Edited by JLCrab

I only see here pictures of cheapo chairs....what makes one better than the other?

As with many designs that are commonplace today, it is difficult at times to imagine just how revolutionary they were when first introduced. Eames as a 20th century designer is right there with Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies Van de Rohe, the Bauhaus group, and others. His chair designs are in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.

Maybe he only looked at post #7.

maybe I just too young. I remember the chairs of posting 1 (or similar looking one) standing around everywhere at the university....neither liked them nor hated them....just cheap chairs for the students.....

Maybe he only looked at post #7.

no that one is great :-)

Seriously, you prefer the Monobloc over the Eames design? There might be a fundamental clash of culture behind this. laugh.png

Or I'm I missing the tongue in cheek gesture?

Edited by Morakot

Thanks NMT ... sorry...I typed the OP in haste. I meant a knockoff of this type of chair as I can't yet afford real Herman miller furniture. biggrin.png

This is some kind of "repro" version of the design. I ordered it from an online shop in Thailand a few years ago for a guest apartment; it was rather inexpensive.

post-155923-0-66918000-1362580558_thumb.

• 1 month later...