Russian Run Over By Phuket Bus

webfact

Russian run over by Phuket OrBorJor bus

PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist named by police as Kirill Kulaein, 43, was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital about 10am this morning (March 6) after being run over by an OrBorJor “po tong” pink bus in the middle of Phuket Town.

A Russian tourist was run over by a bus in Phuket Town. Photo: Sukunya Phoonpong
He is believed to have a broken right leg, along with serious head, body and arm injuries.

Witnesses said that the po tong was being driven fast along Phuket Rd. As the tourist parked his rented bike opposite the Lan Nawamintra auditorium, the truck swiped him, he was pulled underneath it, and then dragged for several metres.

Police are currently waiting for the bus driver to give his side of the story.

– Sukunya Phoonpong

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-run-over-by-phuket-orborjor-bus-37560.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-03-06

Another normal day in Phuket , I can imagine the few comments I will read later on this story ...... Might be the fault of the Russian , because he is Russian .... narrow minds from Thai visa members can be really disturbing sometime.

wishing this guy is full recovery. We all know buses , minivans etc ...drive too fast all the time .

Let's hope that the poor guy has good holiday insurance.

"He is believed to have a broken right leg, along with serious head, body and arm injuries."

What a hell of a way to have a holiday.

Get well soon.

Another normal day in Phuket , I can imagine the few comments I will read later on this story ...... Might be the fault of the Russian , because he is Russian .... narrow minds from Thai visa members can be really disturbing sometime.

wishing this guy is full recovery. We all know buses , minivans etc ...drive too fast all the time .

Another normal day in Thailand.

Those of us who live here, understand the lack of driving skill, training and common sense endemic throughout the country and take extra precautions to safeguard ourselves.

Tourists, from where ever, put too much faith in others doing the right thing on the roads at the risk of their lives.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Edited by Old Croc

Another normal day in Thailand.

Those of us who live here, understand the lack of driving skill, training and common sense endemic throughout the country and take extra precautions to safeguard ourselves.

Tourists, from where ever, put too much faith in others doing the right thing on the roads at the risk of their lives.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Yes after three years here in Phuket, whenever I am on the roads I just assume that every other vehicle around me is driven (or ridden) by an imbecile who is both manevolent and senselessly drunk.

Unfortunately, I still find myself in life threatening traffic situations daily. It is because my assumption regarding other drivers here is way too generous and optimistic.

And you, talk about a narrow minds.

Edited by Shot

Russian tourist struck down by Phuket bus
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist suffered head and leg injuries when he was hit by a ‘pink bus’ in the middle of Phuket Town yesterday.

The tourist was named as Kirill Kulagin by Lt Col Yongyuth Kongmalai, a deputy superintendent at Phuket City Police Station.

“The man was hit by an OrBorJor [Phuket Provincial Administration Organization] pink bus at about 10am, when he parked his motorbike in front of Lan Nawamin on Phuket Road,” Col Yongyuth said.

Mr Kulagin, 43, was conscious but unable to talk.

“He suffered head injuries and a broken leg,” said the colonel.

“He was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where doctors were preparing to operate on his leg yesterday afternoon,” he added.

The bus driver, named only as “Mr Pairoj”, was shaken by the incident.

“He was in shock and unable to give any information,” Col Yongyuth told the Phuket Gazette.

Col Yongyuth could not provide Mr Pairoj’s family name because he was not carrying his driver’s license at the time of the accident.

“From the tyre skid mark at the scene, it seems the bus was travelling at speed when it hit the man… He will be called in later to give his statement,” Col Yongyuth added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Russian-tourist-struck-down-by-Phuket-bus-20413.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-07