Thailanized...

Star Dust

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When...

You let your 2 year old toddler drown 10 meters away from where you are picknicing because you are too busy drinking whiskey and eating som tam to keep an eye on them (3 cases of this at Nai Harn Lagoon in Phuket this year alone).

When...

You finish any form of packaged snack or beverage and immediately drop the packaging or bottle at your feet...regardless of where you are standing.

Surely not when you are indoors?

No, then you would drop it out of the nearest window.

• Like 1

And finally...When...You relentlessly torture a tiny Karon girl for years on end, and upon discovery of your unspeakable evil, are granted bail by the Thai judiciary...

Do i really have to give details of Farang countries injustices ?

You mate, sound like a right tosser. Do you actually live in Thailand, or just live on a Thai based forum?

When...

You finish any form of packaged snack or beverage and immediately drop the packaging or bottle at your feet...regardless of where you are standing.

Surely not when you are indoors?

No, then you would drop it out of the nearest window.

Your wife does this ?

It's the same with any country you dare to migrate to. If you're good enough and willing to survive in a foreign country, you can adapt to almost anything.

I'm a German who lived for some odd 10 years in the UK. Now I live in Thailand and I still find myself drinking English tea with milk instead of instant sh*t with milk powder. I cook my English breakfast every Sunday and miss it if I don't have time to cook! Oh yea, and I drink as much as I can (rather as much as I should drink) when I know I'm off the next day... burp.gif

And as a German I miss the German beers and good wines. So what am I??? German? Engilsh? Thai? One second, let me check my passport.... passifier.gif Sh*t there is it? Think I lost it. Oh, there it is. It's a Thai passport! Damn, it's just my daughter's passport. Oh well. Never mind... drunk.gif

Im from the UK and cannot live without my bacon and egg butty in the morning,with a nice cup of tea of course.It makes me wince to see people drinking tea without milk,horrible!

BTW,Tops has very good teabags,I'm on Waitrose round breakfast ones now,just finished Tesco's Finest Ceylon but I have to say these are better!

German beers also,Tops has Bitburger,Warsteiner and many others.Villa Market has my favourite Krombacher and not too expensive at 99 baht for a 500ml can!

It's the same with any country you dare to migrate to. If you're good enough and willing to survive in a foreign country, you can adapt to almost anything.

I'm a German who lived for some odd 10 years in the UK. Now I live in Thailand and I still find myself drinking English tea with milk instead of instant sh*t with milk powder. I cook my English breakfast every Sunday and miss it if I don't have time to cook! Oh yea, and I drink as much as I can (rather as much as I should drink) when I know I'm off the next day... burp.gif

And as a German I miss the German beers and good wines. So what am I??? German? Engilsh? Thai? One second, let me check my passport.... passifier.gif Sh*t there is it? Think I lost it. Oh, there it is. It's a Thai passport! Damn, it's just my daughter's passport. Oh well. Never mind... drunk.gif

Im from the UK and cannot live without my bacon and egg butty in the morning,with a nice cup of tea of course.It makes me wince to see people drinking tea without milk,horrible!

BTW,Tops has very good teabags,I'm on Waitrose round breakfast ones now,just finished Tesco's Finest Ceylon but I have to say these are better!

German beers also,Tops has Bitburger,Warsteiner and many others.Villa Market has my favourite Krombacher and not too expensive at 99 baht for a 500ml can!

I've seen some German beer in Big C (forgot the name) 0.33 bottle for 128 Baht (I will never forget that!). That's almost as unfair as double pricing!

For the tea, I buy it in Marks & Spencer. Think it's the best one...

When...

You let your 2 year old toddler drown 10 meters away from where you are picknicing because you are too busy drinking whiskey and eating som tam to keep an eye on them (3 cases of this at Nai Harn Lagoon in Phuket this year alone).

dam_n blink.png

And finally...

When...

You relentlessly torture a tiny Karon girl for years on end, and upon discovery of your unspeakable evil, are granted bail by the Thai judiciary...

yeah, I read about that. It pissed me off too.

Going back home and realising is one thing, but a far better barometer is the way Thais treat you in Thailand. Thais can pick out foreigners fresh off the plane in a heart-beat; the western clothes, mannerisms and 'aura' for want of a better word. The best way to tell you've stayed to long is when no Thai gives you a second look, bar girls look through you and Sukumvit tailors don't call out. I hereby assert that Thailanization is complete when even mosquitoes leave you alone.

A few months ago I was in a gogo and felt like i had leprosy. I hadnt been to one in a while and was thinking maybe things had changed or something until i started chatting up one of the girls.

her first question was "how long have you lived here?"

to which i replied "What makes you think i live here?"

rolling her eyes "ok, do you live here or are you on holiday?"

They all know as soon as you walk in the door....

• Like 1

I don't know mate, I moved to Thailand in 1990, I have spent a grand total of 3 months in th UK since, am I thailandized, probably, you have a problem with that ?

Awww...sad.png Don't be such a buzz killer. It's just a fun thread. Let us laugh a bit. Come on. You lived in Thailand for soooo long, And being from the UK you must have some black humor left in you. Even after all this years. Give us your best one. clap2.gif

There is one for you: when I've become so thailanized, and street wise, that even street dogs WAI me, when I pass.cheesy.gif

I'll be waiting for mine, mate. Lighten up, please. wai.gif

Going back home and realising is one thing, but a far better barometer is the way Thais treat you in Thailand. Thais can pick out foreigners fresh off the plane in a heart-beat; the western clothes, mannerisms and 'aura' for want of a better word. The best way to tell you've stayed to long is when no Thai gives you a second look, bar girls look through you and Sukumvit tailors don't call out. I hereby assert that Thailanization is complete when even mosquitoes leave you alone.

A few months ago I was in a gogo and felt like i had leprosy. I hadnt been to one in a while and was thinking maybe things had changed or something until i started chatting up one of the girls.

her first question was "how long have you lived here?"

to which i replied "What makes you think i live here?"

rolling her eyes "ok, do you live here or are you on holiday?"

They all know as soon as you walk in the door....

What did you say? I would have said yes, and if I would get a discount for that?

livin' the dream