Ambassador Hotel ? Good-bad ? Withs ?

Bronzom

Im interested too book a room on Ambassador Hotel but how is it ??Locking for personal coments.Or maybe you have a advice for a simular hotel. Price ca 1.500/ night (bath)

The interior of the hotel is very tidy if a bit dated...my parents stayed there last year and were happy enough...at the moment there is loads of building work to all sides of the hotel..i would recommend trying somewhere else as the area is a bit of a mess right now...try Jade Palace...can't remember the Soi number but it is close to the BTS and Emporium shopping centre.

I stayed in The Ambassador in Feb of this year. We booked into the main wing (about 1200 Baht a night for double room with breakfast) and once in the room it was like staying in any other 1200 baht a night room. A bit dark, standard furniture and TV channels plenty of hot water and no roaches. The breakfast was superb, plenty of choice for all tastes.

The standard rooms in the main wing are about to be, or currently are being refurbished. Work hadn't started when we were there but there were plenty of notices apologising for any noise, disturbances etc.

If you need to stay on lower Sukhumwit then I would consider the Ambasador, however there are many, many other places available for a similar price so maybe shop around.

Hope this has been of some help to you.

Dugdale

I stayed there a couple of times. It's convenient but as another poster stated, a little dated (rooms). I now always stay at the Dynasty Inn on Soi Nana (4). Ask for a room in the back building, newer and off the street. About 1090.00B/night. The Ambassador has a much nicer lobby and restaurant(s) but then you can find a hundred restaurants to eat at within walking distance of either.

Edited by tywais

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I've been there...for about 10 minutes, that is the most filthy, bad smelling, unpleasant and uncomfortable I've ever seen...if you really need to stick to Sukhumvit, I would recommend the Amari Boulevard Hotel, not cheap but everything was perfect, great service, nice clean rooms and good food...as for the Ambassador Hotel...I will never set my foot again in that garbage

I've stayed at the Ambassador a couple of times. It is old, but it's clean. The bed was comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurants. I go there to at least eat once or twice on every visit. It's convenient to shopping and the Suk. The massage spa is nice too.

I personally stay at the Tai-Pan hotel when I'm in BKK now. It's off of Soi 23 two blocks past Soi-Cowboy. There is a Chok Chai steakhouse nearby, the rooms are affordable, staff friendly and helpful. It's convenient to almost everywhere. Soi-Cowboy doesn't affect the immediate area around the hotel.

I asked a similar question last year. But i cant find the thread. It was mostly. Dont stay there sort of stuff. No personal experience. The Zennith on soi 3 was where my parents stayed. Hence my post regarding the Ambassador. They loved the Zennith. A little more pricey but probably worth it.

I've stayed a few times, mostly when I could not get anything else, both towers. one time when I came out the room I realized the door did not lock and got f all response from the staff, not to impressed. When in BKK I normally stay just down the road in the Grand President, Tower 3 is the same price or less, good setup like a mini suit, worth checking out.

Cheers

:D This is a serious question.I'm booked in at this hotel,with a late flight :D

Why no replies????????? :o

I hope this isn't so serious as you make out because the beer garden as been closed for over a year now. All the internet shops and massage places have gone some have moved inside the Ambassador and the area is being developed. There are a couple of Indian restaurants within the Ambassador complex - near Soi 11, don't know how good they are. If you want a beer you can go across the road and into the little soi that is part of soi 11 where you will find Cheap Charlies. This is like a lean-to bar at the end nearest Suk Rd. The beers cheap but you have to watch out for any passing cars. There's also an English bar in this street that does food. At the opposite end to C/C there's a good Thai restaurant that gets pretty busy. I think all these places close at the appropriat time, so no late drinking. Hope this helps! :D:D