Alvin Lee, Rock Guitarist In The Band Ten Years After, Dies At 68

webfact

Alvin Lee, rock guitarist in the band Ten Years After, dies at 68

597px-Alvin_Lee.jpg
Alvin Lee in 1975. File photo. Source: Wikipedia.org

Lee became acclaimed for his guitar solos at Woodstock in 1969

LONDON: -- British rock guitarist Alvin Lee, a member of the band Ten Years After, has died aged 68.

His family announced on his official website that he unexpectedly died on 6 March following complications during routine surgery.

The Nottingham-born musician rose to fame after appearing at the Woodstock festival in 1969.

The band, who had eight Top 40 albums in the UK, had their biggest hit in 1971 with I'd Love To Change the World.

"We have lost a wonderful and much loved father and companion, the world has lost a truly great and gifted musician," said the statement from his wife and daughters.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21688814

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-03-07

• Like 1

Great guitarist, and will be missed. Whenever a guitarist dies I always wonder how Keith Richards keeps on living. Not that I dislike Keith Richards or anything (I actually really do admire him)...but he has pumped so many chemicals into his body...yet he still plugs along while everyone else who leads a much healthier lifestyle dies. Anyways, RIP Alvin Lee.

Classic, great Woodstock set. I was a preteen sitting at home wondering how I could get my parents to drive me to Woodstock to see him, Country Joe, Jimi & the rest. I recently downloaded a remastered copy of Woodstock and was listening to 10 years after in the car recently.

Great guitarist, and will be missed. Whenever a guitarist dies I always wonder how Keith Richards keeps on living. Not that I dislike Keith Richards or anything (I actually really do admire him)...but he has pumped so many chemicals into his body...yet he still plugs along while everyone else who leads a much healthier lifestyle dies. Anyways, RIP Alvin Lee.

Keith Richards claimed he has survived due to his insistence on only the best quality chemicals.

I guess it's true that mainlining powdered red brick didn't do anyone any good.

I almost made it to Woodstock. The VW bug I was in broke down on the way. Later I went to the Wash.DC premier of the movie - the place was packed and it felt like a big love-in community gathering. Alvin Lee tore up the screen with his sizzling rendition on 'I'm Going Home' RIP fellow bluesman.