Compact C-6 filament or C Bar-6 filament

Universal burning

Clear bulb finish

(OK so it's a slow day)

jc__42976.1283462797.220.220.jpg

Exactly.

These are the items I want.

Can not find them in Thailand.

And order them in the USA add's a whooping 120 USD for p&p.

10, 20,and 50 Watt are readily available in Thailand at any good electrical store. Easily purchased the attached 20 W 12 V in Pattaya

attachicon.gifPhillips.png

I have several lamps with this type of globe, different wattages etc., never, over more than 10 year period, had any trouble to buy the replacement lamps / globes at reasonable prices in several Thai cities.

Well either way if you still cannot find the exact bulb you need come May in Thailand and they have it at LampsOne I'll be willing to give it a shot.

Thanks for the offer.

I can not find the 50 Watt bulbs with G4 socket size in my city in Thailand.

Have visited several shops.

Yes, 10 Watt and 20 Watt no problemo.

But 35 Watt and 50 Watt: "no have".

If I can not find these bulbs in Thailand, I will give you a sign in May.

Thanks

Well either way if you still cannot find the exact bulb you need come May in Thailand and they have it at LampsOne I'll be willing to give it a shot.

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks

Well, I found the bulb listed at the Phillips Thai website and that is how I knew to ask for them at my local electrical store

Here is the first reference:

http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.co.th/l/catalog/searchResults.jsp?userLanguage=th&userCountry=th&catalogType=LP_PROF_ATG&encodedQuery=halogen&q=halogen

And the PDF catalog / brochure where they are listed:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/l4bt/3/331570/essential_lv_capsule_331570_ffs_tha.pdf

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks

Well, I found the bulb listed at the Phillips Thai website and that is how I knew to ask for them at my local electrical store

http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.co.th/l/catalog/searchResults.jsp?userLanguage=th&userCountry=th&catalogType=LP_PROF_ATG&encodedQuery=halogen&q=halogen

http://download.p4c.philips.com/l4bt/3/331570/essential_lv_capsule_331570_ffs_tha.pdf

Great! In an online catalog too!

Now, this being LOS and the OP living in Nakhon Nowhere, he can expect a few months of obfuscation, vacant looks and shrugged shoulders before they get ordered. Then a few more months of 'mai loo' when asking when they will arrive. Then maybe 2-3 weeks of actually finding them when someone confirms that they have been sent to the shop.

All in all, I would go the US purchase route with JLCrab's helpful 'courier' services as delivery would be around the same time.

• Like 1

I think Mrjlh is much better off finding a reliable supplier in Thailand for his bulbs. That said, I am still willing to consider assisting him if not so long as I deal directly with the bulb supplier in the USA.

Why? Just read this from this weekend's NY Times magazine:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/the-professor-the-bikini-model-and-the-suitcase-full-of-trouble.html

Edited by JLCrab

I think Mrjlh is much better off finding a reliable supplier in Thailand for his bulbs. That said, I am still willing to consider assisting him if not so long as I deal directly with the bulb supplier in the USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/the-professor-the-bikini-model-and-the-suitcase-full-of-trouble.html

Good thinking.

Interesting story in your link. I'm surprised that guy didn't end up in Thailand (sorry, I know off topic).

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks

Yes, you may have found the bulbs in a Thai website.

But I browsed trough that website and didn't found the 20@ bulbs in a G4 size.

As I answered already to your OP, the bulbs with a Wattage > 20 are in G6.35 size.

The picture you posted shows this clearly.

Good (old) story.

But not related to my question as:

1. I asked if someone would like to buy the bulbs in the USA and bring them over with them.

As long as the bulbs are 50W/12V in a G4 socket, I don't really care about which shop he/she buys them.

2. If the person who is willing to do this is afraid of Thai/US customs, he/she can send these bulbs to Thailand by regular post.

No problems with Customs.

50W/12V halogen bulbs are not available in Thailand in G4 size.

Maybe ask a Thai friend to locate these, via some Thai forums or a web search in Thai, here for you?

Here in Bangkok you could probably find these in Baan Mor.

Or just use a re-shipper in the U.S. like shipito; many here have reported positive experiences.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shipito+site%3Athaivisa.com&aq=f&oq=shipito+site%3Athaivisa.com&aqs=chrome.0.57.6747&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Kuhn C: Your actual original post was asking if someone was "willing to bring over a small package" and such requests can set off alarm bells.

That said, if you cannot find the exact bubs you need in Thailand come mid-May, my offer to consider still stands.

Kuhn C: Your actual original post was asking if someone was "willing to bring over a small package" and such requests can set off alarm bells.

That said, if you cannot find the exact bubs you need in Thailand come mid-May, my offer to consider still stands.

I asked in my original post somebody who was "willing to bring over a small package" to cut the expensive P&P charge compared to the original order.

This company ships only by UPS to Thailand.

I don't know the shipping prices by regular post from the USA to Thailand.

But if they are not expensive, I would agree to send the bulbs by regular post.

I keep your offer in mind and will contact you before May.

Thanks

If I end up assisting you and buy the bulbs directly from a supplier myself, given the weight and size and somewhere around $10 cost including their shipping to me in USA, I would most likely bring the bulbs with me to Thailand in my checked backstage no problem.

If I end up assisting you and buy the bulbs directly from a supplier myself, given the weight and size and somewhere around $10 cost including their shipping to me in USA, I would most likely bring the bulbs with me to Thailand in my checked backstage no problem.

Dear OP,

Throw away the lamps which use these globes and buy some replacements, not all that expensive, which use globes readily available in Thailand. Easy.

I have found that G4 LED lighting is available in Thailand special order . The supplier suggests a 4w version as equivalent and that the LED is larger than the 50w halogen. Around 240 baht each but I'm guessing they last a whole lot longer.

NB This supplier's ad showed up at the bottom of one of this topics posts.