Honda Parts In Bangkok ?

paz

There's a bevy of shops that are on a street near J J park. The street runs under the BTS starting from Mochit, and they have some of the best prices in town! I'd be surprised if you could not find what you are looking for. I got a set of Michelins today for the TG, 1260 baht! tongue.png

Edited by Yo Sup

If I need bearings I never replace them bearings from the motorcycle manufacturer, most bearings used by motorcycle manufacturers are so so quality, while if you take the old bearings to a SKF store you can select from simple the same quality or better or if you have a good day you can go for the best quality available... (often twice the price of the GOOD quality, but still around the same price as you pay for original bearings from the motorcycle manufacturer).

You can even select ceramic bearing, which cost about 5 times more than the best regular bearings, but if the area where you ride has lots of sand and dust its maybe worth it. Sand in a ceramic bearing will be pulverized like it didn't existed (without any damage to the bearing.)

If I need bearings I never replace them bearings from the motorcycle manufacturer, most bearings used by motorcycle manufacturers are so so quality, while if you take the old bearings to a SKF store you can select from simple the same quality or better or if you have a good day you can go for the best quality available... (often twice the price of the GOOD quality, but still around the same price as you pay for original bearings from the motorcycle manufacturer).

You can even select ceramic bearing, which cost about 5 times more than the best regular bearings, but if the area where you ride has lots of sand and dust its maybe worth it. Sand in a ceramic bearing will be pulverized like it didn't existed (without any damage to the bearing.)

I don't know if you ever have replaced steering bearings on a motorcycle, but from the way you talk, likely you have not.

The kind of bearing you are talking are the self-sealed standardized size types, in fact these can be bought from various makers in different grades and types.

Steering bearings are not like that, they are of the open, cage-less type, that designed for each bike steering pipe and frame, that can be of many slightly different sizes. For this reason, these can be only bought OEM, or as generic spare parts. In either case they are not what is called "standard application bearing".

If you think I'm wrong, link here an SKF catalogue that lists "Honda Click-i 2006 ->>" steering.

Thank you SumetCycle and KRS1 for providing exactly the information I was looking for !

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finally went to the shop KRS1 has mentioned above. The ownert is a bit curt but efficient, and has some English. I recommend to go before 7pm or so, because I found it closed at that time.

Bearings Bt 135, fitting 150, now the bike drives as it should!

Thanks all.

Like 6pm or so. Yes it's a busy place but just stand by the bar claim attention and you will be served eventually.

You aint seen busy until youve been there mid afternoon...wink.png

Edited by KRS1

Yep the shop mentioned by krs1 is quite good it's called Asia btw...

But Asia is spelled in Thai i believe, so dont go looking for an English spelling.

http://goo.gl/maps/sWof2

Here.

Opposite soi 10 for anyone lives nearby. Or go see Brian.

Thanks, our location is probably best for people in Northern Bangkok or Nonthaburi. I can also order Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki parts from our other dealerships. Installation is usually included in the price of the parts. We can also ship anywhere in Thailand.

Here is our location: http://goo.gl/maps/u3DvP

E-mail: [email protected]

Shop No. 02 591 9925

Brian

http://goo.gl/maps/sWof2

Here.

Opposite soi 10 for anyone lives nearby. Or go see Brian.

Nice Google Streetview !

This shop has parts for all makes, usually right on spot, the 2nd and 3rd floors are all stocked with parts...only thing they may have to special order within 1 day are late model fairing pieces for the CBR, depending on what color you want, ive often been amazed at what they have in stock in the past....right down the street are mocyc shops that can perform installations.

Parts are usually about 25% or more less than dealers.

They also carry paint in cans as well as tires and after market headlight assemblies and OEM sticker kits for all bikes. Get there close to evening time. They also have parts books for every bike so you can point at what you need for whatever bike. You can also order a parts book for your bike.

• 7 months later...

was there a pizza company outlet next door?

i dont see this place ever shutting down, its busy and no other shops in that area that can compete.

dont go too late

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

was there a pizza company outlet next door?

i dont see this place ever shutting down, its busy and no other shops in that area that can compete.

dont go too late

Yup, that's the place I went last Tuesday around 2pm.

Small Pizza Company outlet next door, opp. Soi 10.

Shop was closed.