Paypal In Thailand Or International Atm Withdawl?

PaigeLeo

i am selling stuffs online and wanna know what is the best way to get money? between have paypal account in Thailand or Just use my paypal in USA still and transfer money to my bank of america then use boa atm to get cash from aeon atm ..i know boa charge for fee, so paypal (if not us paypal) but which one is the best option for me?

i use USAA stateside and find their exchange rates very very good and they do you have overseas withdrawl fees on debit cards... BofA is one of the worst offenders in this regard...Wells Fargo ain't far behind.

If you are selling stuff to the U.S. I am guessing the cheapest way to get the money is:

1)Use your PayPal account in the U.S. to receive funds from your buyers.

2)Transfer the money from your PayPal account to your U.S. bank account

3)Once it reaches a significant amount, transfer the money from your U.S. to your Thai bank account (open a Thai bank account if you don't have one)

BOA has a high wire tranfer fee. It's $35 to send baht and $45 to send USD. Their conversion rate is so bad that it's cheaper to pay $45 and send USD and have the Thai bank change it to baht if you are sending large amounts of money.

Pay Pal offers a debit card to US accounts. You can use it here at ATMs, but the maximum amount you can withdraw is $400, 12,000 baht. It's really a no-win situation if you are using BOA and Pay Pal. The fees koll you. The ATM fees are about the same for both cards.

Because of the high wire tranfer fee at BOA I take the money out with my Pay Pal debit card at an Aon ATM if it is small amounts (12,000) and do an online transfer if it is a large amount.

Citibank has no tranfer fees if you have a US account and a Thai account with them. But the Thai account needs a minimum of 100,000 baht all the time.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thank you..I will stay in Thailand for a while ..is anyway i can get paypal to send their debit card to my Thai address because my paypal account is with US paypal, not Thai Paypal..they wont let have link my US bank account and thai bank with same paypal..they said thai bank have to link with paypal that create for Thailand.( well! same paypal company, they just make it harder to do stuff i guess)

Thank you..I will stay in Thailand for a while ..is anyway i can get paypal to send their debit card to my Thai address because my paypal account is with US paypal, not Thai Paypal..they wont let have link my US bank account and thai bank with same paypal..they said thai bank have to link with paypal that create for Thailand.( well! same paypal company, they just make it harder to do stuff i guess)

Unfortunately the Paypal debit card can only be sent to a U.S. address that can be confirmed (i.e. where a credit card bill or monthly bank statement is sent to).wink.png

Transfer you PayPal money to your BOA, then use the slow three day transfer (really takes a week) to your Bangkok Bank using the New Yoek branch of Bangkok Bank's routing number.

Bank of American has three different ways for you to transfer money:

One is right away transfer which costs $30.00 (This really takes a day or so)

Second is next day which costs $10.00 (This really takes about three days)

Third is their three day transfer which they only charge $3.00 for. (This really takes a week).

Bank of America has a $1,000.00 per transaction limit on these but you can sign onto a verification program and they up it to $2,000.00 per transaction.

What is the Maximum amount of cash that Aeon ATM allow people to get from their ATM per time? (using Debit card from other country)

i try to avoid $5 fee from my bank that will charge every time i get cash from other ATM.

Don't know what the max is but I recently did 50K without a problem. Make sure your home account's limit is set high enough.

I've done 53K or 55K - I forget now - at Aeon using my Maestro Card. Maestro usually has a limit of 5,000 CHF or 5,000 EUR per day.