Gpx Diper 150

Banzai99

I have the GPX ZF250 now for almost 2-years, and had no problems with the motorcycle... actual I'm was thinking to sell it but nothing comparable is currently available in Thailand, so guess I stick with it a bit longer...

We also have a 3-years old GPX Pitster Pro XJR SS90, but the little guy who owns it has now a 125cc off-road bike. The 90cc Pitster Pro is still in very good condition and is currently only used when we have some visitors with kids....

Edited by Richard-BKK

The GPX ZF250 is not sold anymore, and as far as I know everybody who had bought a ZF250 is pretty happy with it... You can find them at any dirt track in Thailand. GPX also organizes and sponsors 250cc off-road competitions...

They assembled the ZF250 very well, by not assembling them in an assembly-line and making two mechanics responsible for every single bike, they where pretty good...

They sold the ZF250 for under 70,000 THB and the performance is still superior to most 250cc off-road motorcycle available in Thailand, the only two 250cc's more powerful (much more powerful) in Thailand are the Kawasaki KX250F (at 335,000 THB) and the KTM 250EXC-F (at 504,500 THB). One of the downsides of the GPX ZF250 was that better performance / power came with poor fuel efficiency...

While the Honda CRF250L and the Kawasaki KLX250 maybe not have the power to climb some mountains, the fuel economics is good enough to go around the mountain and still have enough fuel to play with...

So for the 70,000 THB the GPX ZF250 was a nice bike to play around in the dirt... It's a pitty they not sell them any more....

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

crf250r available too for 316k

for the life of me I cannot work out why they stopped selling the gpx 250cc ,seen as apparantly it was far superior to it's two closest rivals that cost twice the price the gpx must have been selling like hot cakes so very strange to stop selling it.

• Like 1

^

crf250r available too for 316k

for the life of me I cannot work out why they stopped selling the gpx 250cc ,seen as apparantly it was far superior to it's two closest rivals that cost twice the price the gpx must have been selling like hot cakes so very strange to stop selling it.

Yes, sorry, they Honda CRF250R is of course also the more powerful bike compared to the GPX ZF250.

Basically GPX stopped selling the ZF250 as they didn't made much profit on them, compared they make much more profit on the smaller motorcycles. This we also see a bigger manufacturers, but they have the benefits of having a huge financial backup.

For a smaller motorcycle manufacturer, selling motorcycles that cost a large amount of investment and paying little profit can stir a healthy company into financial problems. The problems grow exponential when the ZF250 Enduro became road legal... with overwhelming orders... they just not have the financial strength and organization to deal with so much people wanting to buy a motorcycle. They wanted to stay a healthy niche off-road manufacturer...

I can understand why they stopped the production of the ZF250, still it would have loved to see it otherwise...

Luckily we can now buy the Honda CRF250L and Kawasaki KLX250, which with some alterations can perform pretty well in the dirt... Currently none of the +/- 70,000 THB 250cc off-road motorcycles available in Thailand have the power / performance to be compared with the GPX ZF250.

People on this forum always complain about Chinese made motorcycles, but with the GPX ZF250 I found that it's very easy to find and repair most failures. For example, while none of the engine bearings failed on me yet, they all use industry standards – meaning that I can replace them the same day by visiting a SKF reseller or anybody who sells bearings...

Even the seals of the front forks of the GPX ZF250 are much easier to replace than the current popular Honda CRF250L, because GPX use seals with follow international standards... you can replace them with high-quality SKF hydraulic seals that are available at most SKF reseller... No need to order, wait and get fixed... they on stock 24/7...

Sounds like bad company management and something doesn't sound right ,surely anyone selling anything wants to sell as many as possible to generate profit ,so this company got the bike road legal and than got so many orders they decided it was too much hassle for such little profit so they just stop making it instead what a strange way to run a bussiness .They couldn't have to many over heads as Richard has informed us that it was only 2thai men making all these bikes ,perhaps they got pissed of and left.

Anyway back to the op I have seen quite a few of the diper on the road as said seems to be the more popular of these bikes,downside I also see slot of them in the local bike shops getting repaired.

Edited by taninthai

We have actual one GPX Diper 125, and it's actual the easiest motorcycle to fix. The engine is basically as simple as a Honda Wave 125 (without fuel-injection), with the positive effect that everything mechanical follows international standards. So, yes, it's even easier to fix than a Honda Wave 125.

To be honest, my mind is spinning to think what could go wrong with an engine as well known as the horizontal 125cc used in the Diper 125... its basically a 100% copy of the Honda engine... with the exception that you can use international standard bearings and seals... Also the technical manual specifies all nuts and bolts by there International standard definition, not like article numbers with other brand names...

The GPX Diper series is not road legal so yes I guess you would not see much of them on the road....

Sounds like bad company management and something doesn't sound right ,surely anyone selling anything wants to sell as many as possible to generate profit ,so this company got the bike road legal and than got so many orders they decided it was too much hassle for such little profit so they just stop making it instead what a strange way to run a bussiness .They couldn't have to many over heads as Richard has informed us that it was only 2thai men making all these bikes ,perhaps they got pissed of and left.

Anyway back to the op I have seen quite a few of the diper on the road as said seems to be the more popular of these bikes,downside I also see slot of them in the local bike shops getting repaired.

If you want to believe that, joint the club of rumors of why they stopped the sales of the GPX ZF250...

Some rumors even go as far as saying that they received payment from Honda to stop selling the ZF250....

The truth is probably more close to what I say... but it's what you want to believe....

The GPX Diper 125 is a dirt bike, and while it's a cheap dirt bike, it still follows the rules of any dirtbike. If you have no mechanical experience you should not buy a dirtbike / motocross bike. This is even something they tell you when you buy a Honda CRF250R, Kawasaki KX250F or KTM 250EXC-F which are sold with only a limited warranty on material failure...

^

make your mind up one post you say it's the same engine as a wave 125 and easy to repair and not alot to go wrong then next post you are comparing it to proper motocross engine that needs regular servicing and strip downs measured in hours not km

If the tank was a bit longer they could have got the 'A' in the name!

You bought it from big C? I have never seen a service department at the one I frequent. Would it be located up on the roof?

I would have seriously considered this bike as fun extra bike on the farm. But they call it Diper, I cannot possible pay money for a motorcycle named Diper. Total marketing fail.

But surely for a Douchbag, it would make no difference. :)

They could have called it 'Holy Shyt' as in 'Holy Shyt' why won't it start, 'Holy Shyt' why won't it stop, 'Holy Shyt' why is there rust forming on the paint work after 3 days, 'Holy Shyt' why can't I get parts for this thing, 'Holy Shyt' why did I buy this thing!

But maybe I am wrong. I just don't see a supermarket giving the same sort of care and support that a real motorcycle dealership can offer.

They could have called it 'Holy Shyt' as in 'Holy Shyt' why won't it start, 'Holy Shyt' why won't it stop, 'Holy Shyt' why is there rust forming on the paint work after 3 days, 'Holy Shyt' why can't I get parts for this thing, 'Holy Shyt' why did I buy this thing!

But maybe I am wrong. I just don't see a supermarket giving the same sort of care and support that a real motorcycle dealership can offer.

Hi BSJ,

Can you please describe the care and support you get if you buy a Honda CRF250R, Kawasaki KX250F, or any other motocross bike officially available in Thailand....

Sure the GPX Diper 125 is not the same quality, but it costs also 10 times less, and the distributor has all parts ready available in Thailand....

I would have seriously considered this bike as fun extra bike on the farm. But they call it Diper, I cannot possible pay money for a motorcycle named Diper. Total marketing fail.

But surely for a Douchbag, it would make no difference. smile.png

I don't know, does it?

Is it Thai or Chinese?

I'm very skeptical, I wouldn't even buy a Tiger which is made in TH and has close connection to Kawasaki.

Funny enough, even the Thais don't buy Tiger!

Maybe they stopped selling the road-legal 250 because they couldn't turn a profit at that price. I wonder that they can build a decent bike if they can't figure out how to make a profit.

Honda paying them to stop? Sure, the company with a 70% market share pays a small non-Japanese niche company money to stop. Anybody believe that?

Richard, if you want to tell me that you had that bike for two years and had no problems with it, then it's either sitting in your BKK apartment or you're full of baloney.

Lucky it doesn't have a km/mile counter.

You'd be the only person who had no problems with a non-Japanese bike I've ever heard of in my 12 years of living in TH!

You argue it is easy to repair and you can get the bearings anywhere - that may be true but I rather buy a KLX150 for twice the money in the first place because I don't want to wrench on that Dipper every other day. I'd even get a fair bit of money back when I want to sell it.

Is it Thai or Chinese?

I'm very skeptical, I wouldn't even buy a Tiger which is made in TH and has close connection to Kawasaki.

Maybe they stopped selling the road-legal 250 because they couldn't turn a profit at that price. I wonder that they can build a decent bike if they can't figure out how to make a profit.

Honda paying them to stop? Sure, the company with a 70% market share pays a small non-Japanese niche company money to stop. Anybody believe that?

Richard, if you want to tell me that you had that bike for two years and had no problems with it, then it's either sitting in your BKK apartment or you're full of baloney.

You'd be the only person who had no problems with a non-Japanese bike I've ever heard of in my 12 years of living in TH!

You argue it is easy to repair and you can get the bearings anywhere - that may be true but I rather buy a KLX150 for twice the money in the first place because I don't want to wrench on that Dipper every other day. I'd even get a fair bit of money back when I want to sell it.

First its wrong to compare the GPX Diper 125 to a Kawasaki KLX250, first because the GPX Diper 125 is a pure off-road bike and is not road legal, the Kawasaki KLX250 is road legal and costs almost 4 times more..

Actual I have the GPX ZF250 Enduro, and is legally registered (greenbook and license plate), the bike has currently done little under 10,000km. I mostly use the bike for off-road riding around Khon Kaen... where we also have a house....

Sure the GPX ZF250 has had its problems, but nothing that I not expected... broken chain, piece of wood piercing the side of the rear tire, and some other small inconveniences. In the last two years I split the engine once, and that was more for my own curiosity that it had any problems.

Anyway all problems I had with my GPX ZF250 are things that can also happen to any other motorcycle if you ride it the same way in a forest or off-road in general...

post-12170-0-51704800-1362880619_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

Is it Thai or Chinese?

First its wrong to compare the GPX Diper 125 to a Kawasaki KLX250, first because the GPX Diper 125 is a pure off-road bike and is not road legal, the Kawasaki KLX250 is road legal and costs almost 4 times more..

Actual I have the GPX ZF250 Enduro, and is legally registered (greenbook and license plate), the bike has currently done little under 10,000km. I mostly use the bike for off-road riding around Khon Kaen... where we also have a house....

Sure the GPX ZF250 has had its problems, but nothing that I not expected... broken chain, piece of wood piercing the side of the rear tire, and some other small inconveniences. In the last two years I split the engine once, and that was more for my own curiosity that it had any problems.

Anyway all problems I had with my GPX ZF250 are things that can also happen to any other motorcycle if you ride it the same way in a forest or off-road in general...

Except the wood chip on the tire:lol:

First time seen something like that.

Except the wood chip on the tire:lol:

First time seen something like that.

But the tire is from a well known brand, not Chinese... Also I think that if I was on a bike with a Japanese badge, the piece of wood would have still penetrated the tire. I included the picture as some probably would not have believed it. The piece of wood penetrated the tire at the side, where apparently tires have little protection against something like this...

Read my post again, I wrote KLX150, not 250. It is a pure off-road bike, no green book, and has 144cc.

Actually it's called KLX140; the enduro and small Tracker version is called KLX150.

Why didn't you take the photo from the side where the wood penetrated?

Either that is a piece of iron wood or the tires are Cheng Shin (also known as Cheap Sh!t).

But whatever, I don't want to give you a hard time. You ride your GPX, I buy a bike that costs 40% more, has 144cc and is known for its quality the world over.

• Like 1

Hi BSJ,

Can you please describe the care and support you get if you buy a Honda CRF250R, Kawasaki KX250F, or any other motocross bike officially available in Thailand....

Sure the GPX Diper 125 is not the same quality, but it costs also 10 times less, and the distributor has all parts ready available in Thailand....

Yes, sometimes I forget I am in Thailand!

There don't seem a lot that go wrong, no electrics etc, @ BSJ

I agree. When I was a kid many bikes at the time were English and stripped of their electrics hardly anything went wrong! whistling.gif

But if people are happy to buy from the likes of big C, good for them.

Edited by BSJ

Read my post again, I wrote KLX150, not 250. It is a pure off-road bike, no green book, and has 144cc.

Actually it's called KLX140; the enduro and small Tracker version is called KLX150.

Why didn't you take the photo from the side where the wood penetrated?

Either that is a piece of iron wood or the tires are Cheng Shin (also known as Cheap Sh!t).

But whatever, I don't want to give you a hard time. You ride your GPX, I buy a bike that costs 40% more, has 144cc and is known for its quality the world over.

I'm pretty sure that you will not impress much people with riding the Kawasaki KLX150, the maximum performance is a whooping 12 horsepower.

The Kawasaki KLX140 is a complete different machine, but still the power delivered by the 144cc air-cooled engine (9 horsepower) is nothing you can compare to what a the 250cc liquid-cooled GPX ZF250 offers...