Gpx Diper 150

Banzai99

I would have seriously considered this bike as fun extra bike on the farm. But they call it Diper, I cannot possible pay money for a motorcycle named Diper. Total marketing fail.

But surely for a Douchbag, it would make no difference. :)

I don't know, does it?

I don't mind at all...:)

True though, would have thought the bike could have been named differently.

• Like 1

If the bike has an identical copy of the Honda Wave engine, could I just replace it with an actual Honda engine if it falls to pieces ?

Off topic :

I was in a liitle restaurant in Loei City yesterday, when the owner and some of his friends came back from a ride. One bike was an Honda 1800 vtx, 1800cc !! what a beast that is, another guy had a Fat Bob Harley, stunning looking bikes both of them.

Banzai, It would be great to hear a little review of this bike, once you have put some km's behind you. I know this bike would be a big hit on the farm here (despite the name). They get all their work done out here on off road modified scooters, but a 125 dirtbike would be so much better. The mountain trails here can become quite challenging in the wet.

If the bike has an identical copy of the Honda Wave engine, could I just replace it with an actual Honda engine if it falls to pieces ?

Off topic :

I was in a liitle restaurant in Loei City yesterday, when the owner and some of his friends came back from a ride. One bike was an Honda 1800 vtx, 1800cc !! what a beast that is, another guy had a Fat Bob Harley, stunning looking bikes both of them.

"One bike was an Honda 1800 vtx, 1800cc !!"

Something like this.

post-63954-0-04464600-1362980957_thumb.j

It's not hard to ride. Steering is a little heavy at very low speed. Heavy to push around the shed when moving it. Out on the highway it ticks along just fine. I sit on 90-100. Push it up to 130 and it's like being in the wind tunnel at Boeing!

Edited by BSJ

Off topic :

Something like this.

attachicon.gifP3260003.JPG

It's not hard to ride. Steering is a little heavy at very low speed. Heavy to push around the shed when moving it. Out on the highway it ticks along just fine. I sit on 90-100. Push it up to 130 and it's like being in the wind tunnel at Boeing!

Yeah, that's the one, but it was black and looked in showroom condition, i didn't ask how much it cost, I would imagine a bit more than my GPX Diper. :)

The guy with the Fat Bob said he paid 750,000 second hand but in as new condition, with very few kms under it's belt, a new one would be about 1,200,000 !!!!! He is 73 years old and having a blast on his baby ( as he calls it ).

Off topic :

Something like this.

attachicon.gifP3260003.JPG

Yeah, that's the one, but it was black and looked in showroom condition, i didn't ask how much it cost, I would imagine a bit more than my GPX Diper. smile.png

The guy with the Fat Bob said he paid 750,000 second hand but in as new condition, with very few kms under it's belt, a new one would be about 1,200,000 !!!!! He is 73 years old and having a blast on his baby ( as he calls it ).

I want to freshen mine up. Some of the alloy and chrome is looking tired. And the paint isn't the colour I want...but it's not to bad for 9 years old.

Except the wood chip on the tire:lol:

First time seen something like that.

But the tire is from a well known brand, not Chinese... Also I think that if I was on a bike with a Japanese badge, the piece of wood would have still penetrated the tire. I included the picture as some probably would not have believed it. The piece of wood penetrated the tire at the side, where apparently tires have little protection against something like this...

Why don't you write which brand it is instead of "a well-known brand"? Like you don't want to let us know what brand it is.

I bet the wood wouldn't have penetrated the tire of a Japanese made bike because they come with quality tires - something you can't expect from a cheap bike.

To sell a bike for that low a price you have to fit it out with the cheapest components available.

I rather spend a bit more money so I don't end up with a flat tire somewhere in the boonies.

But the tire is from a well known brand, not Chinese... Also I think that if I was on a bike with a Japanese badge, the piece of wood would have still penetrated the tire. I included the picture as some probably would not have believed it. The piece of wood penetrated the tire at the side, where apparently tires have little protection against something like this...

Why don't you write which brand it is instead of "a well-known brand"? Like you don't want to let us know what brand it is.

I bet the wood wouldn't have penetrated the tire of a Japanese made bike because they come with quality tires - something you can't expect from a cheap bike.

To sell a bike for that low a price you have to fit it out with the cheapest components available.

I rather spend a bit more money so I don't end up with a flat tire somewhere in the boonies.

Rolo, you obviously know nothing about offroad riding. And of course you know nothing about cheap bikes, because you are not interested in them. Why not posting in threads with topics you know something about?

If you really want to know which brand of tires I use you can look back in my posts, the GPX ZF250 came originally with tires that where for my purpose a bit to off-road, therefore I changed the tires for 70% off-road/30% on-road tires.

Second please tell us, which motorcycles, sold in Thailand are Japanese Made, so far as I know all enduro style motorcycles sold in Thailand are Thai build motorcycles with a Japanese brand badge...????

What are the tires on the Honda CRF250L, or Kawasaki KLX250? I'm sure you will not impress a lot of people on this forum by telling that they're IRC tires... IRC is probably the cheapest tires you can get... some comments on this forum describe them as outright dangerous...

• Like 1

IRC produces a lot of different tires. I wouldn't call all of them "dangerous" per se. Its the rider who has to adjust the speed according to his bike. Its not the bike who adjusts the rider tongue.png

But regardless of the brand, a stick in the tire can happen at any time if you go through the jungle / evergreen. Some of these tropic woods are pretty hard and sharp and of course can penetrate a tire even at low speed if you hit them in the right angle. You can buy the most expensive bike, there is always a risk to have a breakdown. Better be prepared for it.

If you buy a cheap bike there is a better chance to have some money left for necessary gear, lightweight tools and repair kits smile.png

IRC produces a lot of different tires. I wouldn't call all of them "dangerous" per se. Its the rider who has to adjust the speed according to his bike. Its not the bike who adjusts the rider tongue.png

But regardless of the brand, a stick in the tire can happen at any time if you go through the jungle / evergreen. Some of these tropic woods are pretty hard and sharp and of course can penetrate a tire even at low speed if you hit them in the right angle. You can buy the most expensive bike, there is always a risk to have a breakdown. Better be prepared for it.

If you buy a cheap bike there is a better chance to have some money left for necessary gear, lightweight tools and repair kits smile.png

You’re 100% right, I personally would not dare to call all IRC tires dangerous… The first and most important reason for that is I not have experience with most IRC tires.

But the tires mounted as standard on the Honda CRF250L and Kawasaki KLX250 I have some experience with. Almost everybody I know who ride this two enduro type motorcycles has changed the tires for something other than IRC tires…

Even the best and most expensive tires have little protection at the side wall of the tire.

I like your logic - "if you buy a cheap bike you have some money left for spare tires, parts and tools" - why not buy a decent bike in the first place, then you don't waste time fixing it?

You’re 100% right, I personally would not dare to call all IRC tires dangerous… The first and most important reason for that is I not have experience with most IRC tires.

But the tires mounted as standard on the Honda CRF250L and Kawasaki KLX250 I have some experience with. Almost everybody I know who ride this two enduro type motorcycles has changed the tires for something other than IRC tires…

Even the best and most expensive tires have little protection at the side wall of the tire.

all and i mean all the reviews i have read have said the standard tyres on the crf are up to the job and more than capable dont know about the klx it has different tyres again all the reviews i read which is alot say the crf tyres are better than the klx,really dont know where you get your info from richard

all and i mean all the reviews i have read have said the standard tyres on the crf are up to the job and more than capable dont know about the klx it has different tyres again all the reviews i read which is alot say the crf tyres are better than the klx,really dont know where you get your info from richard

The standard tire on the Honda CRF250L performs well for road use, but riding through a forest, on soft or medium hard surfaces with some speed the standard tires on a Honda CRF250L and Kawasaki KLX250 are understandable just not good enough.

According to Honda the tires fitted to the Honda CRF250L are for 70% road and 30% off-road, while the tires fitted on a GPX motorcycle are much more concentrated to off-road use (makes sense as most GPX motorcycles cannot legally be used on public roads). The tires which where fitted on my GPX ZF250 were absolutely not capable to ride on any hard surface, they were pure off-road tires.

For the OP, we drifted a bit far from your original post. And what to tell you that you can get a very good amount of aftermarket gear and performance parts.

It will be good to know that the Japanese tuning and performance parts company, Takegawa makes big bore and other performance kits like race camshafts, big valve cylinder-heads, and many more stuff. Also other manufacturers have Stage 1, Stage2 and Stage 3 race kits available...

You can look at websites like http://www.pitsterpro.com/ , which is an American website who ships parts worldwide. Also a good amount of the special performance parts are also available from the Thai distributor. You can also look at http://www.pitsterpro.com.au/ and http://www.pitsterpro.my , but to my experience the USA website has the best options and information...

Edited by Richard-BKK

"I bet the wood wouldn't have penetrated the tire of a Japanese made bike because they come with quality tires - something you can't expect from a cheap bike." That's a pretty broad assumption.

I've only had 1 Chinese tyre and it was a tuff hard wearing SOB, but the fact is it probably cost 100 baht to make, as opposed to a old reliable brand which we use on our good bikes which cost 200 baht to make. The end price is very different to the manufactured price! So don't assume anything. I've had Jap off-road tyres that get chewed up pretty quickly.

Edited by BSJ

"I bet the wood wouldn't have penetrated the tire of a Japanese made bike because they come with quality tires - something you can't expect from a cheap bike." That's a pretty broad assumption.

I've only had 1 Chinese tyre and it was a tuff hard wearing SOB, but the fact is it probably cost 100 baht to make, as opposed to a old reliable brand which we use on our good bikes which cost 200 baht to make. The end price is very different to the manufactured price! So don't assume anything. I've had Jap off-road tyres that get chewed up pretty quickly.

One small detail is that the tire was not Chinese... The tires on my GPX ZF250 are Pirelli MT21 Rallycross... I found that this tires are the perfect balance for what I do with my motorcycle... (not really a tire I would recommend for much on-road riding, but on soft to medium hard surfaces they're hard to beat

Edited by Richard-BKK

One small detail is that the tire was not Chinese... The tires on my GPX ZF250 are Pirelli MT21 Rallycross... I found that this tires are the perfect balance for what I do with my motorcycle... (not really a tire I would recommend for much on-road riding, but on soft to medium hard surfaces they're hard to beat

Richard do you just come on this forum to bs and wind people up,don't want to get in a debate about it but the tyre in the picture is not an mt 21 rallycross I know you read my posts and you would have seen that I just got a set of m21 tyres as I'm sure you are aware I even posted pictures of them on the forum yesterday,you are a pure wind up

Richard do you just come on this forum to bs and wind people up,don't want to get in a debate about it but the tyre in the picture is not an mt 21 rallycross I know you read my posts and you would have seen that I just got a set of m21 tyres as I'm sure you are aware I even posted pictures of them on the forum yesterday,you are a pure wind up

Hahaha sure you're right, I'm sure it are Pirelli's guess I have to look for you next weekend when I'm in Khon Kaen... will also make some pictures for you... I still have the tire hanging from my shag ... It's possible that I made a mistake and I now have Pirelli MT21 tires... guess I buy to much...

• Like 1

taninthai the watchdog. Just start talking about "his" new tire and he will be a happy barker thumbsup.gif

i actually have the rear tyre in front of me in my living room, had the front one fitted today{50 bht} still have live left in old rear so the new mt 21 stays in the living room for now........tongue.png

• Like 1

You seem to make a lot of mistakes....

The difference is that you take stuff to serious, while I just love to ride my off-road bike when I have the urge to do it. I have several motorcycles and the GPX ZF250 is only used for some off-road entertainment during some of the weekends when I'm up country...