Big Bike (>800Cc) Rentals?

ongchart

I plan to bring groups of 8-10 foreign bikers to do bike trips around Kanchanaburi and even up north east along the Mekong. Any information anyone may have regarding businesses which specialize in big bike rentals will be much appreciated.

theres only 3 shops in bangkok www.bmr-bikes.com ,www.bangkokbikerentals.com and www.siamwheels.com

i know the owners of two of them and they regularly have had customers crash everything including 125cc scooters because

many people from countries with real police will underestimate the unpredicability of thai roads

• 2 weeks later...

theres only 3 shops in bangkok www.bmr-bikes.com ,www.bangkokbikerentals.com and www.siamwheels.com

i know the owners of two of them and they regularly have had customers crash everything including 125cc scooters because

many people from countries with real police will underestimate the unpredicability of thai roads

thanks for the info!

Just be careful with the beach road rentals and document every nick and scratch.

Then chain up the bike at night with your own lock as there are reports of the rental shop staff stealing the bikes (since they have spare keys and know where you are parking.) It's reported these rental shops have the same backing as the jet ski rental thugs so be very careful.

• 3 weeks later...

Ongchart,

There is another forum for motorbikes in Thailand that will have a lot better information... I am sure you will find it quickly through google, and it has a lot of pre-prepared information and an active forum...

The three rental places in BKK listed above will have Versys 650s and ER6N/ER6F (aka 650 Ninja) for rent... those bikes are available in Australia, so your team can test ride them to check they are satisfactory... I live in Australia and ride a litre bike... a 650 Versys is perfect for touring Thailand...

Anything else is going to be a 'grey import' probably without registration, probably from a less professional rental place, and difficult to find in BKK - most likely need to go to Pattaya... One of the BKK rental places listed used to have an old 650 honda, not sure if they still do...

The bigger bikes are usually old as well... would you rent a car that has been a rental for 15 years???

As an aside, the best riding is in the North, out of Chiang Mai, with more rental options as well...

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Daewoo