3Bb Fttx In Pattaya

Myke

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the outskirts of BKK...so this is just an FYI: 3bb called today saying they are just about to extend this service to my area and asked if I was still interested - Sooooo, I'll keep you informed.

• 1 month later...

Got fiber in today. Took two & a half weeks from date of order to finished install. I live on Soi Bong Koch 1, four minute walk to third road. My experience is like this.

1) place the order (1200bht per month promo for the 30/5) on 27July - Cost of install - 3,257bht at the 3bb office @ Big-C extra on Pattaya Klang

2) four days later 31Jul, two guys came and install the fiber run (might cost extra, depends in the amount of fiber that is needed for the total run) read the details on the web site for additional costs, it is listed there, they ask me for extra 500bht and I gave.

3) Today, went to 3BB office and inquired about the amount of time that has lasped. Quick phone call and I was informed the the install tech came out and finished the install, and I replied no, only the fiber run was completed. A minute later, was informed the install tech will be out later today.

4) 2 hours later the install tech was at my home and completed the install promptly.

The speed is better than advertised. I use "axel" to download a 1.0 Gig iso from the USA (linuxfreedom dot com) and used vuze to for a couple torrents, and avg'd 33mpbs down and 1.57mpbs up during the download time of the iso of 5mins. see the attachments. The gateways, have never been lower on their RTTs, on ADSL when heavy downloading and torrents are going, the RTTs are 200ms or higher due to loadup saturation. Even when using QOS, I experience laggs when heavy downloading.

I also am sharing my internet connection with two other households, separated by vlans, including the wifi.

I did have 3BB ADSL (15mbps down and 1mbps up) for 1490bht per month for 2yrs. I do prefer the Fiber over adsl. I had to speak with the tech @ 3BB to tweak the signal to use "ADSL2+ 64bit MEU" vice "ADSL2" to improve my experience. Originally I could only get 5db to 7.2db for both down and up. After the tweak and some communication challenges, I got better than 7.5db down and 24db up. Never could get better that 10db on the down. Note: I never used their modem. I purchased a "bridged" modem by Zoom. Always got better results with Zoom modem.

The modem they gave me was "Fiberhome modem; model - an5506-04-f2 PON ONU" has two pots ports, four LAN ports, Wifi 802.11b/g/n, one PON (fiber) port. I had the install tech call 3bb and had them set the modem to bridge mode (can not do bridge mode within the router software" I use PFsense as my firewall and router, using PPPoE for login.

Download speeds for torrents, netflix, streaming, I believe that the user needs to better utilize tools that are available for free on the www to achieve their goals. As I stated, I use "axel" an download accelerator to download a 1gig iso in five minutes, that same file took about 10 minutes on ADSL. If I used my browser, most likely it would have taken several hours to download the same iso. The only way I know to accelerate my browser download experience for a file big as 1gig, is to incroperate axel into firefox, which I have done in linux. here is a link for several others "http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2010/06/5-fastest-linux-download.html" I am sure others have been born since that article.

I had TOT and True as by ISPs prior to 3BB. I will keep 3BB, for their price on the packages and their reliability. As for their customer service, since I do not speak thai, and I do get looked upon as a 2nd class citizen in thailand, I plead the 5th.

I will update next week, if needed.

post-143468-0-68185200-1376384977_thumb.

post-143468-0-96601200-1376384984_thumb.

Thanks for the update! I'm in the queue for it, they've been saying "next month" for a few months already. I saw they were putting up the fat trunk outside my village many months ago so it's in the area, just have to wait for them to get around to provide it in the village. When I asked them last time they said in Pattaya it's available in the Soi Buakao area only.

Interesting setup you have there. What's the IPv6 gateway for?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...