Transfer Of Money

mike1963

Hi all, if you have funds in the UK or income being generated in the UK (eg rental of property) what is the best and most economic way of transfer from your UK bank to your bank in Thailand on a regular basis and IYO's which Thai bank is the most user friendly for ex-pats living in Thailand

Many thanks

Mike

Hi all, if you have funds in the UK or income being generated in the UK (eg rental of property) what is the best and most economic way of transfer from your UK bank to your bank in Thailand on a regular basis and IYO's which Thai bank is the most user friendly for ex-pats living in Thailand

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike1963

Agree with Daleyboy, Nationwide Flexaccount for fee free withdrawals from Thai ATM machines. However they do make charges should you wish to transfer monies from bank account to bank account. Think it is £20 a shot regardless of amount.

With regard to Thai banks I have found Kasikorn to be most helpful and have arranged transfers going from LOS to UK with minimum of fuss. :D

TBWG :o

Db thanks for the tip I'll look into it

No worries fella :D

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike1963

Agree with Daleyboy, Nationwide Flexaccount for fee free withdrawals from Thai ATM machines. However they do make charges should you wish to transfer monies from bank account to bank account. Think it is £20 a shot regardless of amount.

With regard to Thai banks I have found Kasikorn to be most helpful and have arranged transfers going from LOS to UK with minimum of fuss. :D

TBWG :D

If we are talking about transfers then i use Natwest, they charge £15. But really i do try to avoid this option. Why should i bloody pay to move MY money around they are all a bunch of bar stewards :o

Nationwide flex account, open in the uk no charges for oversea withdrawls. Easy end of topic, no disscussion needed :D

Your sooooooooooo clever Daley lol :o

Easier tio take the loot in ya backsack and ot it in Bangkok Bank !

Edited by lopburiguy

Nationwide flex account, open in the uk no charges for oversea withdrawls. Easy end of topic, no disscussion needed :D

Your sooooooooooo clever Daley lol :D

Easier tio take the loot in ya backsack and ot it in Bangkok Bank !

Yes i know i am clever, modest as well :o

You would have to be brave to carry large sums of money, travel insurance will normally only insure small cash amounts, added to the fact you will still have to pay commisson charges on changing money. If you go the flex account root, then you can withdraw so much each day and then pay it into a Thai account.

See i am not just a pretty face :D

LLOYDS TSB has a deal for up to 1,000 pounds, but in addition to their 10 pounds fee coms normally also the receiving bank's fee :-( Sending travellers cheques ordered at HSBC.co.uk is another option (the best exchange rate I found for AMEX TCs, no affiliation). but then you need to fill the cheques out completely and send them by recorded delivery.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike1963

TBWG :o

Thanks TBWG I checked you are spot on £20 for a TT although you can't do it online you have to post it - hello Nationwide welcome to e mail ! Suppose they have their reasons fraud etc anyway thanks mate