Looking For A Hotel With A Monthly Rate.

MALJR

We will be visiting Thailand for four weeks in April. We plan on spending most of our time revisting Bangkok and would like to find a place to set up shop for a month. It doesn't have to be fancy but we would like something clean with WiFi. I know I've seen this subject before but can't seem to find it by searching. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Apartment? Is Bright City on Soi 11 still going? I used to stay there a lot.

You can get a mini apartment for a month for not more than 20, 000 bht.

Otherwise Grand President nearby have apartments across from the main hotel ... slightly pricier but a bit better.

Edited by Beechboy

Win Long Hotel...Off Chareon Krung Rd, Bangkok. Tucked in behind several buildings off main road. In the middle of the jewelry district.

OK for short stay but would not want to live there long time. For people on a budget. Very basic services. Has restaurant, laundry service, small 7/11 type store. Around 15,000-20,000B a month (negotiate). Either walk (800) meters to Taksin BTS or take baht bus or cab. Can walk to Silom Rd easily.

Lived there 6 years ago so don't know status now, They also remodeled so maybe improved.

Try here,

http://www.omnibangkok.com/

Personally I wouldnt pay that, decide on what area you want, there are plenty of Thai mansion/apartment hong pak places all over the city that will cost about 1/3 of the above rates that are about 30k baht per month.

Nasa Vegas at Klong Tan is one such place about 7k per month.

Friend of mine complained of being bitten while staying there. Not by his gf I hasten to add. tongue.png

We will be visiting Thailand for four weeks in April. We plan on spending most of our time revisting Bangkok and would like to find a place to set up shop for a month. It doesn't have to be fancy but we would like something clean with WiFi. I know I've seen this subject before but can't seem to find it by searching. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Myhotel ratchada cmyk or something like that. Walking distance to huai kwang mrt about 10 min to asoke /sukhumvit. Area is good, lots of Thai style stuff and prices around. Pretty new and good rooms, decent wifi. Can't remember the prices but I think I negotiated a discounted two week stay a year or two back.

Try here,

Personally I wouldnt pay that, decide on what area you want, there are plenty of Thai mansion/apartment hong pak places all over the city that will cost about 1/3 of the above rates that are about 30k baht per month.

Friend of mine complained of being bitten while staying there. Not by his gf I hasten to add.

Serves him right for being such a CC and staying in such a dump.

Hope the word you were looking for was, accquaintance, dont tell me it was the mighty Blether himself.tongue.png

• Like 1

We lived in Bangkok from 2001 - 2003 and have been back several times since. Using the Skytrain is no problem. Do you have any contact info for the places near the university?

Stayed 2 times in Aravinda Living Home near BTS Ekamai. 10k / month, really nice but no Pool. The Pool renovation Info is a running gag I think.

BTW this was my first Post here clap2.gif

Really - they still haven't finished renovating the pool?

I was there for a week in October, they said it was due to be finished in November....

and well done on your first post.

Stayed 2 times in Aravinda Living Home near BTS Ekamai. 10k / month, really nice but no Pool. The Pool renovation Info is a running gag I think.

I was there for a week in October, they said it was due to be finished in November....

Do you have any contact info for this place? Do they have WIFI?

Let me google that for you.

Yes they have wifi. Booked through Agoda previously. Rooms are spartan but comfortable. Good inexpensive alternative to a hotel.

• Like 1

Try here,

Friend of mine complained of being bitten while staying there. Not by his gf I hasten to add.

Serves him right for being such a CC and staying in such a dump.

Hope the word you were looking for was, accquaintance, dont tell me it was the mighty Blether himself.

No not theblether. :lol:

This pal of mine happens to be a teacher....and wanted to keep costs low.

You know its fine to try cheap places but in this instance he was unhappy with his choice.

I'm simply sharing the information.

Kindly leave the personal attacks for the footy forum ya gimp scammer. :P

Yes, it´s still not finished. Same for the Gym. Stayed there the whole last December and they told me it´ll be finished in Feb / March 2013 and when we came back last week they told me "we need some more time" ;-)

But beside that, nice place and good price.

Let me google that for you.

Yes they have wifi. Booked through Agoda previously. Rooms are spartan but comfortable. Good inexpensive alternative to a hotel.

... and WiFi works really good. Booked directly on their website to get the free airport pickup (that means, they pay you the taxi).