Bang For Your Buck - Photos Of Apartments In Cm

Malthus101

Electric is very important. To be honest, CM has very nice places in the range of 5-7k, sunshine, emporium, view doi... Santitan and surroundings.

Hi Tornado

Did you mean this place?

http://www.santitham.com/

Thanks.

those rates are high.....shared bathroom? No Way.........I would go to Galae Thong way before that, for quite a bit less...with all the extras, except the backpackers.

Staying in santitham currently. There are indeed some nice places - I think sunshine is the best...but for 7k?!?! You could get a whole house for that price if you know where to look (ive heard). View doi is nice too. But seriously, where can I find a place with a furnished kitchen that doesn't break the bank!!! I like santitham, but would consider somewhere on suthep road.

If you look for real Thai places you could definitely get for under 4000.

Electric is very important. To be honest, CM has very nice places in the range of 5-7k, sunshine, emporium, view doi... Santitan and surroundings.

Hi Tornado

Did you mean this place?

Thanks.

those rates are high.....shared bathroom? No Way.........I would go to Galae Thong way before that, for quite a bit less...with all the extras, except the backpackers.

galae thong has huge parking issues - no pool, no gym not much of anything I would still suggest look at Verrachi Court

I stayed at a studio in CM for 3,500/month. Had internet and air-con but no tv or fridge. It was a brand new building but I wouldn't call it luxurious, just basic. Probably the best value for money studio I've rented in Thailand. Only problem was it was far out of town so I had to use a tuk-tuk to get anwhere.

I love the place I'm in, but the internet connection is so terrible (drops every 5 mins or so) that I'm considering leaving before the lease is up and looking elsewhere. Afraid I might run into the same issues at most 'budget buildings' (under 10k)

Anyone have a place they can suggest that has a reliable(ish) connection? I'm open to anywhere in the city :)

I love the place I'm in, but the internet connection is so terrible (drops every 5 mins or so) that I'm considering leaving before the lease is up and looking elsewhere. Afraid I might run into the same issues at most 'budget buildings' (under 10k)

Anyone have a place they can suggest that has a reliable(ish) connection? I'm open to anywhere in the city smile.png

I sure don't know the "best" place, and I've seen some haters and some lovers of several complexes. I have rented at the Riverside apartments twice and I was happy. Everything seemed well maintained and worked fine. I must say I've heard disagreement about that. But the next time I head back to CM, to save myself hassles, I'll see if I can't just go right back there.

I do like "seasoned" places because they seem bigger in sq mtrs to me than some new places for the money.

I do recall that I paid right at 10k. There well may be better deals out there now so please wait for some others to post.

Hi Tornado

Did you mean this place?

Thanks.

That is not even close to where you want to be.....this is Santitham Guest House.....the poster who repled to you means the Santitham Area of town.

I have lived here on and off for years.....4500 per month + elec + 150 water. Air con, fridge, TV, security and good location.

http://www.chiangmaigrapevine.com/design/photosbiz1/chiang-mai-romyen-house-10092.jpg

Plenty of other developments around her for similar money....Santitham Area!

This area of town, 5 mins to town on bike.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=chiang+mai&hl=en&ll=18.803562,98.976189&spn=0.002757,0.005284&safe=off&hnear=Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&gl=uk&t=h&z=18

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tornado

Did you mean this place?

Thanks.

That is not even close to where you want to be.....this is Santitham Guest House.....the poster who repled to you means the Santitham Area of town.

I have lived here on and off for years.....4500 per month + elec + 150 water. Air con, fridge, TV, security and good location.

http://www.chiangmaigrapevine.com/design/photosbiz1/chiang-mai-romyen-house-10092.jpg

Plenty of other developments around her for similar money....Santitham Area!

This area of town, 5 mins to town on bike.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=chiang+mai&hl=en&ll=18.803562,98.976189&spn=0.002757,0.005284&safe=off&hnear=Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&gl=uk&t=h&z=18

Yeah I realized that after doing a bit more research - that place you show looks really nice from the outside. Do you have any photos of your place on the inside? Love to see them if you don't mind sharing on the forum.

I hav arrived finally in CM - I am a little concerned it is going to be quite sedate? Would I be correct in that assessment? I spent a week in BKK before heading up so spoilt myself somewhat. I'm from London so am used to big citites.

However, seeing as my main reason for being here is to focus on my studies, it might not be such a bad thing not to have too many distractions! But where is everyone?! I walked through the old city last night and back, everywhere looked so dead - empty restaurants, empty looking guesthosues. Is it because it's the start of the rainy season?

Also, I'm thinking of buying a scooter/motorbike as opposed to renting one - whats the resale value like on a newly bought bike out here after 1 year?

Thanks.

You never know until you're on the ground and looking.

One day I was walking down a side street within three blocks of Nimmanhaemin Road itself, and asked a woman sitting out in front of a ratty-looking building if she had any rooms.

She had several. I took one for 2500, and had excellent internet service from the building at 300. They also permitted True and 3BB to install, but I never saw the need. It was a small studio, but there was an adequate kitchen, air-conditioning, and free cable.

I took a big jump up a year later, but in the same neighborhood.

5500 baht.

These are old buildings, and sparsely furnished rooms. If you want nicer stuff at the same price, head over to the east or southeast side. Be advised, however, that flooding occurs almost every year in that zone, and although it's not life-threatening, being evacuated for a few days is annoying and dangerous.

Hey - after having arrived now and seeing how sleepy the old city is, I did some research and actually Nimmanhaemin seems to be the area I would be most happy in. I will go and check it tomorrow when it's not too sunny.

How expensive would a condo be on the river there? I ate at a great restaurant, the lemontree - would be nice to be close to that and the bars and clubs.

Thanks.

My research of Santitham keeps telling me that it is the gay capital of CM - would you say this is accurate? Not being gay, there wouldn't be much point moving there if all the bars were catered to the gay scene.

Thanks.

My research of Santitham keeps telling me that it is the gay capital of CM - would you say this is accurate? Not being gay, there wouldn't be much point moving there if all the bars were catered to the gay scene.

Thanks.

Wow, i did not know that. I spent my first 4 weeks in Santiham, its an ok area but i moved away because of the traffic noise, i now reside in suthep area, you can get new studio's for 3,250 a month. Buy a new scooter, they are cheap, i paid $1600 and get 140 mpg and fuel is cheap at $1.17 a litre. Forget the bars in santiham just ride to the loy croy rd.

Thanks.

Wow, i did not know that. I spent my first 4 weeks in Santiham, its an ok area but i moved away because of the traffic noise, i now reside in suthep area, you can get new studio's for 3,250 a month. Buy a new scooter, they are cheap, i paid $1600 and get 140 mpg and fuel is cheap at $1.17 a litre. Forget the bars in santiham just ride to the loy croy rd.

Hi Cabralad

So do you like Suthep area? I just walked to Nimman Rd today, looks OK around there, lots of adverts up for condos etc. Maybe I'll go to a real estate agent and look through their books.

In terms of motorbikes, I really ike this little Honda I've seen about the place, the Honda MSX125 - 125 is enough for me, I've only ever ridden a 50cc scooter in the UK so learning to ride on a 125cc is more than enough for CM too I suspect.

Here's a link to a place selling them in CM:

http://www.niyompanich.com/index.php/component/content/article/80-2013-02-05-20-32-22/4-msx125

What do you think? Are you a bike person?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Hi Cabralad

So do you like Suthep area? I just walked to Nimman Rd today, looks OK around there, lots of adverts up for condos etc. Maybe I'll go to a real estate agent and look through their books.

In terms of motorbikes, I really ike this little Honda I've seen about the place, the Honda MSX125 - 125 is enough for me, I've only ever ridden a 50cc scooter in the UK so learning to ride on a 125cc is more than enough for CM too I suspect.

Here's a link to a place selling them in CM:

http://www.niyompanich.com/index.php/component/content/article/80-2013-02-05-20-32-22/4-msx125

What do you think? Are you a bike person?

Thanks!

i love suthep because its green and quiet. Regarding that bike, i would not buy it, its a trail bike..when the roads are wet all the crap from the road will spray up all over your clothing, get a scooter with some kind of fairing.