Thai Women: What Do You Think Of This White Skin Nonsense?

andrew

Do you like Thai girls with white skin?

I don't. I prefer 'em dark.

I watch all these silly skin whitening ads on television, and I think they're ridiculous.

When I was young and growing up in England, there was an ad on television. The ad featured an air hostess. She was very pretty, but she never managed to get the attention of the tall and rather handsome pilot.

So she started using Super Whitening toothpaste. And you can work out for yourselves what happened next.

Televison ads here in Thailand remind me of this tosh.

My GF is actually quite dark. People here in Pattani are often very dark. They're a kind of strange mix of everything.

A girl in my local market is almost completely black. This happens because a long time ago, "black ivory" was brought here from places like Zanzibar and Mozambique. I'm guessing that the girl in my local market is of African descent. And she's absolutely stunning!

How about you? Do you buy into this white skin nonsense?

Do you have a preference for light or dark-colored skin?

Do you find Thai girls with light-colored skin attractive?
  • Like 1

Girls in the UK like to be tanned, girls in LOS want to be white.

As long as they are attractive, shades are immaterial.

As above.

• Like 1

Girls in the UK like to be tanned, girls in LOS want to be white.
As long as they are attractive, shades are immaterial.
As above.

Fair enough.

That was a very non-committal post.

Sir, a very diplomatic response to a potentially contentious issue.

• Like 1

Had a friend once who wouldn't look at the lovely Isaan girls,because they were dark skinned. He always went for the Laos white skinned girls,strangely the ones he chose for long term girlfriends were invariably ugly.So I suppose it comes back to the old saying"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Had a friend once who wouldn't look at the lovely Isaan girls,because they were dark skinned. He always went for the Laos white skinned girls,strangely the ones he chose for long term girlfriends were invariably ugly.So I suppose it comes back to the old saying"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

I too have met farangs who actively seek white-skinned girls in the belief that they're getting something "better".

As you say, they often end up with pigs.

No preference for me however the Asian obsession with being whiter leaves me perplexed. Ironically in the west people love to get tanned. I do laugh though when I see pics on facebook of girls with too much of the old ghost cream on. It's like they did their makeup in the dark and no one has told them yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Same thing in Europe.

In the old time white skin was good because poor people were working outdoor while the upper class were staying indoor.

Then the poor started working in factories and the rich holidaying in the sun, so suntan became the fashion.

Anyway the sun light is important for our health but too much sun damage the skin so as usual the middle way is the way to go.

• Like 1

Speaking as a red headed farang woman with freckled white skin I think it is crazy, but who am I to judge. I would love to have the beautifl golden skin of a Thai woman, but that is never going to happen no matter how much cream I put on or time spent in a tanning salon. Berkshire made a good comment about discrimination against fat women. American women spend billions of dollars each year to try and get skin that matches the natural Thai beauty and it doesn't work. But, for some strange reason, Thai women don't realize what they have naturally. It all goes back to advertising and the very race concious Thai people who separate High society from low society by the colour of one's skin. Dark skin means you grew up in some rice paddy. White skin means your family never had to work for a living. It all comes down to brain washing from an early age. I DO know that if a Thai woman puts that whitening cream on her face and I take a photo with a flash camera then she is going to look like a zombie just out of a grave. The flash refelects all that terrible whitening cream.

• Like 1

Speaking as a red headed farang woman with freckled white skin I think it is crazy, but who am I to judge. I would love to have the beautifl golden skin of a Thai woman, but that is never going to happen no matter how much cream I put on or time spent in a tanning salon. Berkshire made a good comment about discrimination against fat women. American women spend billions of dollars each year to try and get skin that matches the natural Thai beauty and it doesn't work. But, for some strange reason, Thai women don't realize what they have naturally. It all goes back to advertising and the very race concious Thai people who separate High society from low society by the colour of one's skin. Dark skin means you grew up in some rice paddy. White skin means your family never had to work for a living. It all comes down to brain washing from an early age. I DO know that if a Thai woman puts that whitening cream on her face and I take a photo with a flash camera then she is going to look like a zombie just out of a grave. The flash refelects all that terrible whitening cream.

this, it all comes down to not looking like a farm girl and the obsession with jpop and kpop, when will they learn koreans on video clips have head their whole head fixed, the average ones are far less atractive then a nice thai.

Personally, I find a woman with dirty elbows a turn off. I am always surprised by the number of Europeans with dirty elbows and forearms along with black dirt encrusted toenails. If I can get past the bad hygiene issues, skin colour is a minor issue.

Seriously foreign people, please wash your feet and arms.

It's sad, and rather pathetic, when I see a lovely, dark-skinned girl whose made herself look like a zombie, after applying whitening lotions/powders to her face.

I am attracted to confidence, and so in Thailand I find myself gravitating towards lighter skinned girls. That's not to say I have a real preference for skin color. If I met a dark-skinned girl who didn't spend an extra hour in the bathroom camouflaging her true beauty, of course I'd be game.

Edited by aTomsLife

Potentially serious subject here. laugh.png

No idea why some Thai women think they need to be white to be sexy. My wife is dark and I like it. If I wanted white bodies I would have gone for farang girls...

.....and if I wanted dark skin I would have gone for African girls........

It really is ridiculous. The power of advertising to the uneducated masses.

• Like 1

Its part of the culture here and along with it comes an industry, just like in Europe most want to look tanned and industry comes with that as well.

Here you can never be light skinned enough and you have no hope of getting on in life unless you are at the very least pale, look at the TV anyone who is not pale is either the villain or a duffer!

What do I think, well same as most I guess, waste of time, girls are beautiful or not to the eye of the beholder regardless of colour.

Dont forget the men are at it as well, not only with the skin but the hair as well, dark/black hair is the order of the day whatever the age.

Thailand where everyone who is anyone has dark hair and white skin, forever young, where is the Avon lady when you need her!

It's sad, and rather pathetic, when I see a lovely, dark-skinned girl whose made herself look like a zombie, after applying whitening lotions/powders to her face.

I am attracted to confidence, and so in Thailand I find myself gravitating towards lighter skinned girls. That's not to say I have a real preference for skin color. If I met a dark-skinned girl who didn't spend an extra hour in the bathroom camouflaging her true beauty, of course I'd be game.

Maybe you should consider the reasons why many dark skinned girls are desperate to look white. From childhood they feel different and it doesn't matter how lovely you or I might think they are, they live in a society where the continuous ad brainwashing and feeling inferior if dark wins hands down. I doubt very much whether you gravitating toward a girl with lighter skin colour is going to make one iota of difference in her thinking. If they buy the product and think the whitening cream is making them more attractive and they actually feel more attractive, then I don't see why they shouldn't use it. Most foreigners that seem to have the strongest objections are the ones who usually end up paying for it.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I like the brown skin girls with long black hair , my wife just dyed her hair after when ascked if i liked the colour i said no i like black what did she do she dyed it ruby red , i think after 15yrs this mariage has gone has far as it can go.

Yet when you injure your skin, it heales without leaving scars. Lovely lady Thai has a bike accident, and is ruined for life.