Superbike Magazine Racing Academy. @krangkracharn Curcuit 16-17 March 2013

charlieman

Sat 16 March: 1 Racer: 5 Rider (Register and paid in advance only)

Sun 17 March: Trackday: Rides in 3 different groups. (Register in advance or at the track)

Start from 8.00-15.30 (each group will have about 20 min each round)

15.30 will have race for each group.

1,000 baht for the track with not Pirelli tyres
800 baht for the track with Pirelli tyres
400 baht for racing in the afternoon

For more info.

Charlie

it is 1000 thb per day plus registration, pretty good.

I registered my name and paid the fee.

I will be there this Saturday with my cbr500r to learn more how to be a track monster!

Kaeng Krachan is only 1 hour from my house which is a great weekend escape for some relaxation from work.

I am excited!

• Like 1

My first track day went well. According to my trainer i suck but he also said very good for someone first time on a track.

Nice bikes there and kaeng krachan is a hard track all about technique not speed.

It was super fun today and tomorrow i am sure i will be much better!

post-114750-13634387805864_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1363438806248_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634388279368_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634388500302_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634388788736_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634389696232_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634389956379_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1363439045309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And this is what happened to one of my track buddy.

He is a very good guy and showed me some tricks and even shared some of his petrol with me.:(

I have high group consciuosness and i might visit him at the hospital on the way to bangkok even though i know him only for a day.

God bless he is ok with some broken limbs and ribs only. It was a really hard crash on the fastest turn of the track man:(

post-114750-13634392203791_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634392508046_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13634392696259_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer

My first track day went well. According to my trainer i suck but he also said very good for someone first time on a track.

Nice bikes there and kaeng krachan is a hard track all about technique not speed. It was super fun today and tomorrow i am sure i will be much better!

Sounds like you had fun congrats!

Thanks for the pics

edit: Ouch just saw the crashed Kawasaki

Looks like it was a very hard crash to damage the wheels etc.

Edited by mania

That is a great bike bike mania.

Can run head to head with 1000 cc ones.

He passed me like bullet.

Will post more photos tomorrow.

It was real fun. But stock cbr500 is not enough. Pegs killed my fun a little always scratch them. Tires suck too for the track. First thing is changing the tires and getting some nice pegs for the next session.

Only negative thing, i feel bad for my track buddy. His bike is also trashed.

Affected our morale too but life is going on.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

That is a great bike bike mania. Can run head to head with 1000 cc ones. He passed me like bullet. Will post more photos tomorrow. It was real fun. But stock cbr500 is not enough. Pegs killed my fun a little always scratch them. Tires suck too for the track. First thing is changing the tires and getting some nice pegs for the next session. Only negative thing, i feel bad for my track buddy. His bike is also trashed. Affected our morale too but life is going on.

Yes that little Aprilia has some ponies

You know when hard parts start to scrap it is time to hang off.

Did you get/borrow some leathers with knee pucks?

Also if you want you can unscrew the peg feelers under the stock pegs if you did not already

to give you a bit more room.

Yes that is a shame your pal crashing. Hope he is ok

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

That is a great bike bike mania. Can run head to head with 1000 cc ones. He passed me like bullet. Will post more photos tomorrow. It was real fun. But stock cbr500 is not enough. Pegs killed my fun a little always scratch them. Tires suck too for the track. First thing is changing the tires and getting some nice pegs for the next session. Only negative thing, i feel bad for my track buddy. His bike is also trashed. Affected our morale too but life is going on.

Yes that little Aprilia has some ponies

You know when hard parts start to scrap it is time to hang off.

Did you get/borrow some leathers with knee pucks?

Also if you want you can unscrew the peg feelers under the stock pegs if you did not already

to give you a bit more room.

Yes that is a shame your pal crashing. Hope he is ok

I went there with my street gear as they said fine but what a shame. All the rest were wearing full leather suits!

For next session i definitely buy a full suit 100 percent as i feel like naked.

I need to learn more mania.

You know what they say: it is not a shame not knowing something but it is a shame not learning it.

Pegs whatever i do scratch them sometime. Will change them right away.

Full suit, new pegs and tires will provide me more confidence on curves. That is what i need.

• Like 1

Today was much more better than yesterday. But tired a lot. A hot day and lots of track time in the morning as less people were there until afternoon.

Some photos from the pit. Cool track machines.

Half a centimeter left untouched on my rear and front tires!

I know the full limits of my bike now. A good practice and learning tool and i am going forward for a set of pirellis corsa2 or supersorsa and pegs asap for the next track day.

Looking for a good leather suit too.

post-114750-13635259011014_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635259192425_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635259335998_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635259530286_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635259726447_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635259890403_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635260100567_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635260238726_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635260438492_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635260812693_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635260968904_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635261307418_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13635263205287_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Man they have so,me nice bikes down there !

You did a good job on your tires too.

About buying Pirellis,,,,

I cannot say first hand on the SuperCorsa's as I run Rosso II's but friends from the US

said the Super Corsa's cannot get up to full temp on most street riding

so the Rosso II's is how I went & they are very nice

Sounds like you had a good time wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

He is a very good guy and showed me some tricks and even shared some of his petrol with me.:(

I have high group consciuosness and i might visit him at the hospital on the way to bangkok even though i know him only for a day.

God bless he is ok with some broken limbs and ribs only. It was a really hard crash on the fastest turn of the track man:(

Wow that looks like a hell of a smash to do that kind of damage, looks like the bike flipped, hope he's OK...

Yeah, i agree it was a fun weekend. My buddy and i did it, we loved it. There was a farang instructor and bout 5 thai instructors. We had a thai guy and he was legend, i learnt heaps and he was a cool guy. It's a real social thing, u meet heaps of people at these gigs. We stay in Cha am, about 30k's from the track, good choice of rooms there, swam sat evening after riding all day, can get beers on the beach, eat out, get to know other bike guys. There's a pattaya-like strip in Cha-am which has a good choice of restaurants and bars, if u into that sort of thing that is.

Thats a shame bout that guy who crashed, Last year I highsided an ER6n i had set up for the track, it's a huge confidence killer when u crash. After i bought something with traction control. I feel a lot more confident, its a great machine and worth every satang. Over the weekend I think there was three incidents where the ambulance went out to do whatever they do.

It was well organized: three groups, Red -fast guys; green- intermediate; blue -beginner, we were in the green group. Each group went out in turn, for about 20mins. And if u do the race, you would go out in your assigned group. Pirelli had gas there for sale, just about all the organizers and instructors spoke good english, lots of flagmarshalls, an ambo on standby and everything preceded pretty much according to the program......crazy not to do it. Food and cold drinks available right there also.

KK is a great track, though there's not much run off in the corners. The track is good for watching the racing, you can see just about it all from the pit area. This place is right out in the boondocks, surrounded by rice fields and forest, real nice. I take the wife there, often we the only two at the track, take lunch out with us, string up the hammock, put some music on, its a niiiice day out.

As the racing was beginning looked like it was gonna rain, a few drops came down when i was out but it never rained.

Groups choose grid position from a hat. I got last draw and was #14 of 17, so started towards the end, which was fine with me, it was my first race.

Gotta give Pirelli credit for arranging that weekend, they do heaps to promote the race scene here. Apparently they are trying to organize another trip to ride sepang. As one poster said, a track day like that would cost a motza back home. We real lucky to live in this counrty.

DM

post-12884-0-15388800-1363536183_thumb.j

post-12884-0-58166100-1363536252_thumb.j

• Like 2

oh, had some pics of the track that show how nice the place is.

also came across some pics I had of my highside debacle. Some guy was at thailand circuit that day taking pics, pretty funny to look back on, but a fair bit of drama at the time.

cheers

post-12884-0-92430800-1363538031_thumb.j

post-12884-0-54791100-1363538063_thumb.j

post-12884-0-13853000-1363538178_thumb.j

post-12884-0-69136800-1363538201_thumb.j

Yeah, i agree it was a fun weekend. My buddy and i did it, we loved it. There was a farang instructor and bout 5 thai instructors. We had a thai guy and he was legend, i learnt heaps and he was a cool guy. It's a real social thing, u meet heaps of people at these gigs. We stay in Cha am, about 30k's from the track, good choice of rooms there, swam sat evening after riding all day, can get beers on the beach, eat out, get to know other bike guys. There's a pattaya-like strip in Cha-am which has a good choice of restaurants and bars, if u into that sort of thing that is.

Thats a shame bout that guy who crashed, Last year I highsided an ER6n i had set up for the track, it's a huge confidence killer when u crash. After i bought something with traction control. I feel a lot more confident, its a great machine and worth every satang. Over the weekend I think there was three incidents where the ambulance went out to do whatever they do.

It was well organized: three groups, Red -fast guys; green- intermediate; blue -beginner, we were in the green group. Each group went out in turn, for about 20mins. And if u do the race, you would go out in your assigned group. Pirelli had gas there for sale, just about all the organizers and instructors spoke good english, lots of flagmarshalls, an ambo on standby and everything preceded pretty much according to the program......crazy not to do it. Food and cold drinks available right there also.

KK is a great track, though there's not much run off in the corners. The track is good for watching the racing, you can see just about it all from the pit area. This place is right out in the boondocks, surrounded by rice fields and forest, real nice. I take the wife there, often we the only two at the track, take lunch out with us, string up the hammock, put some music on, its a niiiice day out.

As the racing was beginning looked like it was gonna rain, a few drops came down when i was out but it never rained.

Groups choose grid position from a hat. I got last draw and was #14 of 17, so started towards the end, which was fine with me, it was my first race.

Gotta give Pirelli credit for arranging that weekend, they do heaps to promote the race scene here. Apparently they are trying to organize another trip to ride sepang. As one poster said, a track day like that would cost a motza back home. We real lucky to live in this counrty.

DM

deadman, you have a really nice bike man. especially liked the spider web lower fairing.

I am thinking on moving to a nice bike like yours next year if i will have some more progress on track.

It was a nice organization but only there were no food available and even hard to find some water once needed.

I would like to thank you for the organizers for that event though especially charlieman for inviting rookies like me.

Track was a hard one people said. Not about the speed. It was a nice track for me though and mountains etc it was a nice area. relaxing weekend with the sounds of monster track machines with mountain scenery laugh.png besides, the best track machines and sport bikes in Thailand were there, met with lots of nice people!

But, what was weird was the concrete wall by the fastest turn downhill. it was downright very dangerous as two people crashed there very hard and last guy crashed there on Sunday has some serious problems what i heard like a broken hip, ribs and leg. I never see a concrete wall by a track in my life. They can at least throw some tires there.

Yes, there were three incidents that people needed ambulance and two of them were bc of that wall.

still it was great time for me always on redline throttle pinned as it was the only way for me to keep up with 1000 cc bikes. I need lots of practice on track, next time, Thailand circuit on Nakhon Chaisi less than 100 km to my housebiggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

He is a very good guy and showed me some tricks and even shared some of his petrol with me.sad.png

Wow that looks like a hell of a smash to do that kind of damage, looks like the bike flipped, hope he's OK...

no man, they guy crashed to the concrete wall!!!

Just check the pic, you can see the wall after the downhill on the right and that is the fastest turn of the track!

But, he came to the track next day and it gave us some morale boost. I was thinking he needed to stay at the hospital sometime but no he was walking the next day and shaking our hands, strong guy he is i guess.

he had some broken ribs and his forehead was full purple bc of the impact even though he was wearing a good helmet. he had a nice gear though.

post-114750-0-46347300-1363579879_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

no man, they guy crashed to the concrete wall!!!

Just check the pic, you can see the wall after the downhill on the right and that is the fastest turn of the track!

I see a lot of small walls but not sure which one you mean

But in any case yes cement walls & a bike track are not normal.

Must be because they race cars on there & dont want one crossing track.

But yes not a good idea & they should have an air barrier in front of them or tire stacks, something at least.

Glad to hear he is not too badly injured. Looking at the bike you can tell it was a

hard impact. Does look like it flipped due to the bent rim edges though

Yes, it was a great Weekend

I took my Castrol Thailand Honda CBR1000RR up there for its debut , hid a few hiccups , been a new

combination , was expected . Good to see many guys/girls getting out and having a go , it didnt matter what bike you had , you where catered for .

Got to meet alot of people with the same interests.

Poor John on his ZX10 , not the place to come off , but glad he is OK , Nice guy and his mate on his Ducati 999 .

Next Track Day BIRA .

Cheers

• Like 2

I took my Castrol Thailand Honda CBR1000RR up there for its debut , h

If that was it in post 7 , Very Nice Job!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=204486

Also DM's BMW also excellent!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=204646

Edited by mania