Reputable Bike Rental

willfreeman

just got to chiang mai, looking at room just outside the moat, north western edge, looking for scooter rental by the month, just wondering does any one recommend anyone whos good for prices and service? (no scams about damage etc)

also where can you buy a PROPER open face motorcycle helmet in CM and how much?

is a rented bike covered by insurance if it is stolen?

is it worth chaining an padlocking your bike up overnight if its in hotel/apartment/condo parking lot? although ive never seen a bike locked up anywhere in thailand, maybe ill start a trend :P

In the same general area as you, there is a shop on Huey Gaew Rd called Buddy Internet. They do monthly motorbike rentals at good rates. I've rented from there for several month and a few friends and coworkers have done the same. No problems at all.

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Tony's Big bikes do small scooters too. I rented out a ER6n and took it off to Khao Ko and the bike was in great shape.

A proper helmet, meaning DOT and SNELL certified? or something above the bits of plastic you usually see here?

3000-6000 for something like a REAL or LS2

15k+ for Shark, Arai, Shoei, etc

Coocase Boutique selling top cases will be having some bikes for renting, currently having new Honda Scoppy in their list and more new bike will add on later.....all bike comes with Coocase topcases.

Rental price will be reasonable if not cheaper......PM in their facebook (facebook.com/coocasethailand) or email to them.

http://www.facebook.com/coocasethailand

I've had very good service at Queen Bee, a couple hundred meters south of Pratu Ta Pae, inside the old city. They do offer insurance included with their cycle rentals, and the price is reasonable. See here: http://www.queenbeetours.com/carrent.html

As for a helmet, if you've never hit the street with an open-faced helmet you definitely don't want to. Your chin will be rearranged for sure, and probably your teeth too. Good western brand name helmets are available--as are cheaper ones--on Chang Peuak Road, directly across the street from Photo Bug, 200 meters north of Pratu Chang Peuak on the east side (right side when going north).

All the long time rental shops such as Mr. Mechanic, Pop's, Queen Bee, Tonys. etc are honest. Most complaints I have heard over the years are self-inflicted. Remember these are rental machines and few are maintained in the manner that you would maintain your own machine. Expect to endure some idiosyncracies. Always test ride around the block once or twice before a day rental and test ride near town, such as the Samoeng Loop, before heading out on a longer trip. Go to the Gt-rider website for more info.

• Like 1

I've had very good service at Queen Bee, a couple hundred meters south of Pratu Ta Pae, inside the old city. They do offer insurance included with their cycle rentals, and the price is reasonable. See here: http://www.queenbeetours.com/carrent.html

As for a helmet, if you've never hit the street with an open-faced helmet you definitely don't want to. Your chin will be rearranged for sure, and probably your teeth too. Good western brand name helmets are available--as are cheaper ones--on Chang Peuak Road, directly across the street from Photo Bug, 200 meters north of Pratu Chang Peuak on the east side (right side when going north).

A great shop for helmets and all bike gear. Huge selection of helmets! Only been there 6 months or so.

Here is the shop.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=18.746579,+99.011879&hl=en&ll=18.797491,98.986283&spn=0.001389,0.002642&safe=off&t=m&layer=c&cbll=18.797402,98.986289&panoid=b8QUAgFBua5iwBTRrkwcow&cbp=12,73.75,,0,-4.57&z=19

• Like 1

There is a "newish" company run by an English guy in Loi Kroh Soi 1 named "Soi 1 bikes" he does monthly rental and is anal about his service to customers. Good insurance, all new bikes. I know a few guys who repeatably rent from him when they come over. (There is a website "Soi 1 bikes" )