New In Town

mariuskamil

Hey,

I´m here since two weeks and staying here until the end of April. I´m looking for some nice people at my age who are staying her in Chiang Mai and don´t want to go out every night and meet new backpackers telling all the same story, but are interested in going out, drink a beer or two and eat some pad thai and stuff like that.

Some facts about me:

My Name is Marius, I´m 23 years old and from germany. I´m working for a social welfare organization in the south of Chiang Mai. It´s my first time in asia so after two weeks I´m getting it pretty good. I´ve got a motorbike so i´m totally flexible.

It would be great to find some new people because hearing backpacker-stories all the time is getting boring.

Cheers Marius

Try popping into some different bars but I think you will soon get fed up listening to the 'old farts' war and shagging stories. Or perhaps you should try and 'tap up' a local girl but again I think you will soon get fed up hearing her sob stories about how poor she is, maybe go out with some work colleagues but I suppose all you would talk about is 'work'?

If these options fail to stimulate your desire for intellectual company/conversation, befriend a bar owner and listen to how well/bad his bar is doing, that should keep you occupied for a month or two!wai.gif

• Like 2

Head over to the couchsurfing meeting on a Friday night (check out their fb group for details- "Friends of Chiang Mai Couchsurfing")

I am the same age as you and go there most weeks and so do other younger expats I know, so its not all travelers. I wont be there this week, but I can guarantee you will have a good time, they are a good bunch.

There is nothing I can think of on the social scene for young Westerners in Chiang Mai.

It`s either hang about in the few grot bars with some old Boer war vets, or there are the Internet cafes.

You could make some inquiries on some social networking sites, but lots of weirdos on those.

That's because beetlejuice is an old fart :P

Check out Chiang Mai Ultimate on Facebook. That's ultimate as in ultimate frisbee. It's people your (our) age. You don't even have to know how to play. It's just a fun, social atmosphere. But I do say give the game a try!

Check the Facebook page for information on when/where we play. It's almost always going to be every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 4:30/5 at CMU. More details on the page!

There is nothing I can think of on the social scene for young Westerners in Chiang Mai.

It`s either hang about in the few grot bars with some old Boer war vets, or there are the Internet cafes.

You could make some inquiries on some social networking sites, but lots of weirdos on those.

Read the other posts on this site and in the future you will be able to add some positive information.