Golf Gear - Shopping Online From The Us

Dorkers

just having a peruse at some golf gear online... was looking at one shop from the US - I put in a few different items and then hit the checkout to see how much their shipping charges were.

Seemed to be about 650baht for shipping and then the taxes and customs fees varied between 1500 - 5000baht depending on how much you bought. DHL delivery 4 - 6 business days for shipping. Ambitious but even a couple of weeks would be impressive.

I put through a couple of Ping hybrids and a set of Callaway irons - came to 32000 baht including tax and delivery. I know through sportsworld the exact same purchase sits at 44000baht.

My purchase was just speculation, didn't put in the credit card details, wondering if anyone has bought gear online and had it shipped to Thailand.. good news story or was it a nightmare?

Also sold golf shafts and grips - very good range.

Not sure if I can mention the site - incidently, I just finished looking at the PGAtour official website for the results over the weekend. Tiger appears to be back.

Some of the sites sell copied equipment, so do Google the website before purchasing. If the price sounds too good to be true then it usually is. Why not try Thania Plaza, always some good deals to be had.

I buy most of my golf gear on eBay. The last thing I bought was a brand new Taylor Made hybrid which retails here for about 6,500 Baht. After shipping, 30 USD (with USPS - do NOT use DHL/UPS) and import duty, 256 Baht, I paid just under 4,000 Baht.

Edited by ProdigalSon

A few years back I ordered a Wilson starter set online from TGW for my wife and had it shipped directly to her in Udon Thani. Took a week to get there and she paid the 3,000 baht duty to the delivery guy. Very easy and efficient.

I have bought a lot of golf equipment from globalgolf, golfworks and other very reputable sites in the US. Especially buying second hand clubs from globalgolf can save you a lot of money, and its perfectly safe and fast.

• Like 1

I have a great full set of Taylormade R9 golf clubs( regular shaft, including Taylormade bag(bag has stand fitted, a couple of years old but really not used a great deal due to the expensive golf here on Phuket, all clubs have golf pride jumbo grips fitted, irons 4 to pw sw Pro Kennex 60 degree carbon saber wedge, Odyssey white hot putter, R9 460 driver, R9 3 and 5 woods, Kasco super hyten power tornado 5 hybrid 26 degrees, Bag full of Pro V1 and NXT tour balls plus a few other makes! Make me an offer if anyone is interested, will advertise if no interest. Picture of all can be supplied. Location is Phuket.

Edited by dogpoo

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a lot of golf equipment from globalgolf, golfworks and other very reputable sites in the US. Especially buying second hand clubs from globalgolf can save you a lot of money, and its perfectly safe and fast.

Couple of different statements made from other posters in regard to customs duty. Having a look at globalgolf website there appears to be some great gear on offer at competitive prices. Chrgrims could you give an idea of how much you pay at customs when you order? do you have to go and pick it up at a central location or do they deliver to your house?

customs really depends on the size and value of the package. i have ordered more than 10 packages, and paid from 1000 to 4000 baht in customs. my advice is to order as many clubs at the same time as possible. you might pay more in customs, but less for shipping. best overall cost. everything is delivered to your door. some might call you before they come, so be prepared that you might need a thai speaker.

• Like 1

Customs charge a fixed percentage (I think 18% for clubs) of the value marked on the package. If there's no value marked, then they will estimate it themselves. All of the customs rates are listed on the Thai customs website.

I remember ordering a full set of Mizuno irons on eBay and paid about 1,500 baht in duties. It's a good idea to contact the seller and ask them to mark a 'special' price on the package (although some may not be prepared to do this).

As the previous poster said, order as many as you can to save on postage.

• Like 1