Where Are The Cheap Shoes/clothes/accessories Wholesales?

wattaman

Hi

I'm thinking to open a small shop in the small village I'm living, but I have no idea about where I can buy the products. To be honest, I don't expect to get rich, it is just an experiment.

What I'd like to do is to visit/search/find the wholesales products' prices from the vendors/factories around Thailand. Question is: how?

Is there a place, like a virtual online store, where I can find at least some of the manufacturers?! (except yellow pages and Google search, please)

Is there a newspaper/brochure I can order somewhere with the latest ads/products and their prices?

Is there a market for this, or a place where most/many of the factories/vendors are? (for example, China Town is where the gold is smile.png)

Etc.

If you have any other ideas/suggestions, please share here or in a private message.

Thank you

As someone said it's not cheap anymoe. You need to make it yourself if you want any sort of profit and then there is massive competition.

Wholesale in Bangkok is Platinum mall, market stalls and shops around SE Asia are stocked from there. Wholesale prices usually start at 3 pieces but again if you want any sort of decent profit per item from a decent wholesale price then you need to buy in quantities of 20,000 plus and sell in more expensive countries.

Competition from China is increasing now from China when before their styles were too weird. Yes even weirder than Thai style.

The market for quick sales is teenage korean and Japanese fashion.

You say village, do you mean some middle class housing estate or some poor village where people don't have money and wear mainly secondhand or cheap out of fashion leftovers or cartoon shorts and nylon t-shirts ?

As mentioned above Pratunam for clothes, Pahurat and Bobae for the gimcracks, but you do need a clever trusted Thai friend to haggle for you to get prices you'd make any margin on, and you do need to buy a large lot at a time to get the real wholesale price.

I've found if you find a bauble you like at a friendly retailer's, a couple hundred will sometimes get you their source, but only if they know you're not local so won't compete with them. Information isn't usually freely shared here.

And you still need your friend to get a decent price, don't whatever you do don't followup the referral yourself or the price will have to include his commission smile.png

• Like 1