Visa For "common Law Wife"

I am a Thailand Work Permit holder and I have been advised that although it is better to be a holder of a marriage certificate Thailand Law recognises "common law marriages".

My "Wife" is Filipina and we have been together for 3 years living as Man & Wife. Tying the knot legally is going to be delayed for Philippine documentation permitting her to have her annulment recognised (for me is no problem) and we wish to avoid the trips out of the country on a two monthly basis to get her visa renewed.

Can anyone advise the legality and process to resolve this matter?

I am a Thailand Work Permit holder and I have been advised that although it is better to be a holder of a marriage certificate Thailand Law recognises "common law marriages".

My "Wife" is Filipina and we have been together for 3 years living as Man & Wife. Tying the knot legally is going to be delayed for Philippine documentation permitting her to have her annulment recognised (for me is no problem) and we wish to avoid the trips out of the country on a two monthly basis to get her visa renewed.

Can anyone advise the legality and process to resolve this matter?

Most laws in Thailand, including Immigration, do not recognise "common law" marriages.

Thanks to all for prompt replies. I was also of the opinion that the information could be incorrect hence my question. There are other avenues of resolving the visa trips but I will ensure they are reviewed carefully.