I-Mobile Iq3

damole

I was showing a friend the i-mobile phones in Airport Plaza Chiang Mai yesterday and saw the IQ3. Same MT6577 chipset as the IQ2 and IQ6. Seems like an evolution of the IQ2, works on both 850 and 900 Mhz as well as 2100 Mhz for 3G. Has the Dragontail glass that the IQ6 has but the IQ2 doesn't. Looks slightly squarer than the IQ2, more like my LG Optimus 2X than a Samsung Galaxy. 12MP camera like the IQ6. 6200 Baht in Maewang, list price 6400 Baht. Looks and feels like a nice phone. I couldn't see anything on Thaivisa about it yet.

-damole

Sat here on iq6 and really can't believe how good it is for the price.

So good it was sold out everywhere I went but got lucky in the end.

Very pleased with it and compared it to s3 and iPhone and no real difference but less than half the price.

What company makes this phone? Is it a rebrand of some generic Chinese phone maker?The price is pretty amazing...

imobile is 100% Thai, started from the Samart group.

Looks like they design their own range of phones (quite an extensive range as well!).

Don't know where they are manufactured, might very well be China, but I doubt they are rebranding existing Chinese phones...

I almost bought the IQ3 a couple of days ago but then started to wonder whether it would ever receive any Android updates? Has anybody had an i-mobile phone that has received an official Android update?

--damole

I almost bought the IQ3 a couple of days ago but then started to wonder whether it would ever receive any Android updates? Has anybody had an i-mobile phone that has received an official Android update?

--damole

Depends on what you mean by official Android update!

I have received an update on ICS. but that was ICS to ICS. I think JB is either on or coming soon for the IQ series.

I mean an OTA update from i-Mobile rather than a custom ROM that I would download and flash myself.

As far as i'm aware I-mobile do not do OTA for Rom updates. but they do offer Free upgrades when available at the I-mobile service centers. They may offer :Other the air in the future..

Edited by thaicbr