Products Blacklisted

wimster

So...The Nation yesterday mentioned the list of products & services to blacklist if you are "against" Thaksin. I am, but here are my problems...

AIS - No number portability in TH. I would not change my number. Cost to much time.

True internet - no alternative unfortunately :D

Thai AirAsia - no other airline can give me the low prices to fly (several times a day that is) to KL and SIN (the Euro carriers won't do me any good, I usually need first flight out, next day last flight home).

No problem to get rid of:

Shin Sattelite - no interest in this.

iTV - BS station anyway. Won't watch it.

Capital OK - yeah right...

SC Asset - Not interested.

7-11 - I'll go to Family Mart instead.

Chester's Grill :o

UBC - nah...

Nescafe - I drink REAL coffee instead.

Thainox Steel - no interest

Thai Copper - same same

Toyota - just got myself a new Honda !

What's your take ?

So...The Nation yesterday mentioned the list of products & services to blacklist if you are "against" Thaksin. I am, but here are my problems...

AIS - No number portability in TH. I would not change my number. Cost to much time.

Thai AirAsia - no other airline can give me the low prices to fly (several times a day that is) to KL and SIN (the Euro carriers won't do me any good, I usually need first flight out, next day last flight home).

Chester's Grill :D

UBC - nah...

Thai Copper - same same

What's your take ?

Shin Sattelite - Do they show sport?? if so ill watch it

iTV - Look above

Capital OK - look above

SC Asset - what is this?

7-11 - Hey i was thinking of opening one of these, when i do just come to my one

Chester's Grill :I agree that this food tastes like shit

UBC - ???

Nescafe - I'll drink any coffee, as long as it wakes me up

Thainox Steel - no interest either

Thai Copper - same as above

Toyota - I will be importing a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR :o

Plan on some 'drift racing'? :D Saw a program on UBC recently and apparantely the Skyline is top choice for this sport. Everything can be tuned by computer getting up to 800HP out.

BOT:

Toyota - no problem, planning on getting a Honda soon.

7-11 Use the local mini-marts (cheaper)

Chesters Grill - never ate there and from the comments probably never will.

Plan on some 'drift racing'? :D Saw a program on UBC recently and apparantely the Skyline is top choice for this sport. Everything can be tuned by computer getting up to 800HP out.

BOT:

oh come mate, that is a bit off topic, and i hazard not correct either.

It is called 'drifting' not 'drift racing' and yes, the Skyline is indeed a top choice for this endeavour.

Also popular among the drift scene are supras, sylvias and pretty much any other overpowered rear wheel drive. Euro cars need not apply.

You can also get an 'import tuner' girl (complete with boob job, bad hygiene and FOB english accent) if you are in USA.... rest of the world most of the drifter scene is Asian, so less important to have the fobulous ho in the car.

now, back on topic.... some of these companies like 7 11 are the backers of TRT, but almost all the major families here are backers of TRT, so are we supposed to avoid everything?

AFAIK for instance the Shinwatras don't own a major chunk of 7 11, that is CP....is it not?

oh come mate, that is a bit off topic, and i hazard not correct either.

It is called 'drifting' not 'drift racing' and yes, the Skyline is indeed a top choice for this endeavour.

Actually both are but 'drifting' is more generic. Drift racing (Skyline) and here and a bunch of other places.

And apparantely this topic is already running here

Edited by tywais

Part of Suriya Jungrungreangkit's group; (ex) minister and supporter of Thaksin.

Same as 7-11, Chester, True, UBC, CP with Charoen Pokphand Group and Nexcafe, Thailand Steel, Thai Copper with Prayuth Mahakitsiri's group.

This is info from the frontpage of yesterday's The Nation.

And why is Toyota on the list?

What does it have to do with Shinawatra family or TRT? :D:o

It honestly amazes me that anyone still actually reads the utter, complete crap that spews forth from the lovely Nation every single day...in their anti-Thaksin crusade, they've become as reliable as the News of the World. Can't wait to see the first stories about Thaksin's vampire cousin and alien overlords :o

From reading a post of his I thougt that the big guy at our beloved sponsers SBA had the Chesters franchise? :o

Don't boycott him... wouldn't be cricket would it... where would the new business hunters be without his help :D

You read it also ? if not, how do you know it's crap ? Instead of whinging, have better (newspaper) sources in Thailand ? Please let us know.

It honestly amazes me that anyone still actually reads the utter, complete crap that spews forth from the lovely Nation every single day...in their anti-Thaksin crusade, they've become as reliable as the News of the World. Can't wait to see the first stories about Thaksin's vampire cousin and alien overlords :o

It honestly amazes me that anyone still actually reads the utter, complete crap that spews forth from the lovely Nation every single day...in their anti-Thaksin crusade, they've become as reliable as the News of the World. Can't wait to see the first stories about Thaksin's vampire cousin and alien overlords :D
You read it also ? if not, how do you know it's crap ? Instead of whinging, have better (newspaper) sources in Thailand ? Please let us know.

Excellent point. Perhaps Thaksin (or Florin) should start up an English-language news source to put forth his point of view if the The Nation is so overly negative....

errrr.... wait a sec. He (Thaksin, not Florin) already has several: TNA, MCOT, TNNBPRD... :o

post-9005-1141947657.jpg

Consumer choice.

SC Asset - what is this?

Wright Reports

Business Description

SC Asset Corporation Pcl. The Group's principal activities are property development businesses. The businesses include office buildings for rent, housing, condominium, land and technical building for rent, and advisory and management services. The housing business includes single detached housing and townhouse projects. The land and technical building for rent business includes leasing specifically designed and constructed building to only one related company which is a mobile phone service provider. The advisory and management services include providing general management, technical engineering, and operational support systems to its subsidiaries and related companies. It mainly operates in Thailand.

Company Profile

SC Asset Corporation Pcl

Ticker: SC

Exchanges: BAN

2005 Sales: $1,501,500,000

Major Industry: FINANCIAL

Sub Industry: RENTAL & LEASING

Employees: 233

To clarify some other points or questions raised:

Shin Corporation is the largest conglomerate in Thailand.

Advanced Info Services Public Company Limited (AIS)

Thailand's largest mobile operator, primary company of this sector. AIS was originally granted a 20-year mobile concession by the Telephone Organization of Thailand (TOT) on March 27, 1990. On September 26, 1996, additional 5 years were granted whereby extending the concession life totaling 25 years which would expire in the year 2016.

CS Loxinfo Public Company Limited (SET:CSL)

Thailand's Biggest Internet Service Provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Corporation

I say just stay the hel_l away from chesters grill.

I was told thats the Thai version of McDonalds and dam i thought i was eating garbage burger.

The meat paddies can not be meat

Dude...read fast food nation, and you'll know that a McDs meat pattie is like the worst crap ground up and called meat. It is meat flavoured slop :o Sure tastes good though :D

Chesters Grill AFAIK is part of CP; who are the dominant food producer (and I expect supply McDs with a fair bunch of their slop). They also own the franchise KFC here in Thailand.

I wouldn't really call it the Thai McDs, as it is not skewed towards beef and burgers like McDs...some quite reasonable pasta slop that is not bad at all compared to El Ronaldo.

Chester's Grill :o

UBC - nah...

Thai Copper - same same

What's your take ?

Aren't these Shin holdings? If so and he just sold his stake in Shin, this just screws the new buyer. It'd be like telling me my stock crashed after I already sold it.

I say just stay the hel_l away from chesters grill.

I was told thats the Thai version of McDonalds and dam i thought i was eating garbage burger.

The meat paddies can not be meat

Dude...read fast food nation, and you'll know that a McDs meat pattie is like the worst crap ground up and called meat. It is meat flavoured slop :D Sure tastes good though :D

Chesters Grill AFAIK is part of CP; who are the dominant food producer (and I expect supply McDs with a fair bunch of their slop). They also own the franchise KFC here in Thailand.

I wouldn't really call it the Thai McDs, as it is not skewed towards beef and burgers like McDs...some quite reasonable pasta slop that is not bad at all compared to El Ronaldo.

Well McDonalds in Aussie land is 100% beef, well thats what we are told. Probaly mixed with ears lips n stuff.

But have you tasted there hamburgers??

:o

It honestly amazes me that anyone still actually reads the utter, complete crap that spews forth from the lovely Nation every single day...in their anti-Thaksin crusade, they've become as reliable as the News of the World. Can't wait to see the first stories about Thaksin's vampire cousin and alien overlords :D

Actually I am exposed to it mainly through the news postings from it here...and yes, I have a much better newspaper source in Thailand: it's called the BANGKOK POST. It has ALWAYS had a much superior writing style to whatever monkeys on typewriters The Nation seems to employ every now and then. While I agree that the Post doesn't have an objective opinion on Thaksin's wrongdoings, at least the rest of the ###### paper is of a decent quality. National Politics are not the only section in a newspaper, you know? You can't possibly claim that the Nation is being objective in their criticism...yes, they feel they need to compensate for the Post's bias in favor of the guy, but they do so in such a clumsy, offensive and childish fashion that it has stopped being journalism a long time ago...hel_l, a lot of forum users right here post better opinion pieces than them :o

Toyota - I will be importing a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR :D

BOT:

What a waste of gas, Burn it up petrol head. Som nam na! :o

Most news postings on TV have sources like TNA (government), BKK Post and The Nation. So spare me your "sources". It's crap what YOU write (based on your comment I take it you do not read The Nation at all). I read both the BKK Post and The Nation and the BKK Post is absolutely on Thaksin's side. Nothing wrong with it, but at least The Nation gives you the REAL story, not the Thai Rak Thai press release !

FYI: I cancelled my subscription to the Nation and went back to The Post being my daily as the delivery was not great, and the Sports section is worst then the Post. That does not mean that I believe in- and agree with everything the Post writes about politics. I think their opinions are clearly Thaksin's.

And most important, the subject for all of this (the PAD blacklist) could have been picked up from many different sources, so you're actually :o

Actually I am exposed to it mainly through the news postings from it here...and yes, I have a much better newspaper source in Thailand: it's called the BANGKOK POST. It has ALWAYS had a much superior writing style to whatever monkeys on typewriters The Nation seems to employ every now and then. While I agree that the Post doesn't have an objective opinion on Thaksin's wrongdoings, at least the rest of the ###### paper is of a decent quality. National Politics are not the only section in a newspaper, you know? You can't possibly claim that the Nation is being objective in their criticism...yes, they feel they need to compensate for the Post's bias in favor of the guy, but they do so in such a clumsy, offensive and childish fashion that it has stopped being journalism a long time ago...hel_l, a lot of forum users right here post better opinion pieces than them :D

Edited by wimster

I don't read The Nation in physical form if I can help it, but do read the Post a few times a week...what is your point about my "sources"? You asked me if I have a better one and yes, I do, The Post's writing style is generally much better.

And I'm not offtopic, I simply think the list is ridiculous and a proper newspaper should not post it, end of story.

You mention your sources are mainly Thaivisa and The Post. I asked for other sources then that (as these are obvious).

If you do not read The Nation and The Post only a few times a week, I wonder what you really know about this...

Not end of story. Since when do you decide that the list is ridiculous ? Many newspapers (in Thai) also printed it and it has a news value. My point (if you read my original post well) is how I can support the blacklisting if I would wanted, given I have not alternatives. I asked for opinions on the blacklist not your whinging about The Nation. This was not about newspapers or (your) sources, so yes very :o as much as the guy about his Nissan whatever...

:D

I don't read The Nation in physical form if I can help it, but do read the Post a few times a week...what is your point about my "sources"? You asked me if I have a better one and yes, I do, The Post's writing style is generally much better.

And I'm not offtopic, I simply think the list is ridiculous and a proper newspaper should not post it, end of story.

Edited by wimster

Since when is a list of a lot of the big business in a country news-worthy?

As for other sources, I read the international media, like the Reuters newswire and the IHT, which have also had much more balanced views on the subject of Thaksin than The Nation (or the BKK Post, for that matter).

In reply to your question, why would your dislike for a particular person and his cronies make you not buy a Lipton ice tea at your neighborhood 7/11??? Following such a blacklist is unfeasible, and it would be the same in any country in which someone would suddenly want to compile one...the biggest companies in a country are also the biggest supporters of the government, since it's the government that can give them perks and such, it's the same the world over.

And I don't "decide", I state my opinion, like anyone else on this forum...IN MY OPINION, the list is a useless pile of junk which should not have found its way in a serious news medium. The net doesn't qualify, because plenty of worse stuff finds its way around as news, but a print newspaper which has the pretence of being some kind of broadsheet (at least in terms of the paper size) should not publish such unfollowable garbage.

According to Bangkok Post, daily reading for Prem consists only of the Nation and the Post. Only recently he started looking at Thai papers' frontpages.

I don't see Bangkok Post as pro-Taksin and I read in it everyday. As for "not only national poitics" - that the only part their journos write! You didn't mean Outlook as your news source, Florin?

Bangkok Post isn't more objective, it's just that they had to fire their chief editor when Taksin didn't like his editorials...

As for the list. It's too broad to be taken seriously. If they concentrated on AIS only it would make sense, but Nescafe, Toyota and 7 Elevens is a bit too much.

Surya doesn't own Toyota but he owns their major suppliers.

I don't see Bangkok Post as pro-Taksin and I read in it everyday. As for "not only national poitics" - that the only part their journos write! You didn't mean Outlook as your news source, Florin?

Well, the Sunday Perspective has some nice stuff and there's plenty of Thailand-related news items which don't cover politics in the Business section every day...plus the Database articles that they write, yes, even Outlook for entertainment news...like I said, it's not just politics out there :o

Oh yeah, and the sports editors have some pretty good opinion bits, too.