Tooth Whitening Gell Greater Than 22%?

lukeskywalker

I got my teeth trays and one syringe of teeth whitening gel. However, the gel is only 22% strength and they suggest 3 hours of wearing. It is a very slow process.

In the US, the strength (percent) of the gel was a lot stronger as I only had to wear the trays about 15 minutes.

Does anyone know of/if getting stronger tooth whitening gel is available anywhere? One syringe of the 22% gel is 600 baht and I barely noticed a change in my teeth. I think it will take 1 or 2 more (1,200 baht) worth of gel to get my teeth as white as I want them.

Thanks

That strength is plenty, just sleep with the tray in your mouth. If your teeth are really discolored from coffee or esp tobacco you will have lesser results. Id say its going to take six tubes, about three weeks to see a real difference - but it does work unlike the light/uv bleaching which is a scam.

The various dental hospitals and clinics have the gels in varying strengths. They commonly start someone new off on lower strength because some people are sensitive to it. I don't kniow exactly what the highest strength is that they have, but you can probably get more than 22% just by requesting it. Suggest you go back to the place you got this and tell them you have had no sensitivity or problems from it and would like a stronger concentration.

My dentist started me off with 15% in California when the stuff first came out. I was satisfied with results. Fast forward ten years, I need a new tray because they crscked or my teeth moved....anyway, I tbink they gave me 20% and I did ask for the maximum.

Last few years I have seen 35%, perhaps even more. I order it off Amazon now every other year when in US, reasonable unlike getting it from DH which at least at the time was not.

The thing about ordering is that there are loads of fakes and copies. Also there is a huge gray market (Amazon, perhaps here outside premium dental facilities). The tubes are purposely not dated and neither is the package so it pays to order from someone with s reputation. Yes, I did get a bad pack once, not very effective.

35% overnight will mske even a masochist wince as your teeth will be so sensitive and some people the psin is VERY intense! Me, I just put up with it and skip days until the sensiyivity goes down.

Ive only used Opalessence. Its what my dr used in Cali and what DH used so Id say its "the best". In the end its a simple substance and should be avail generic and cheap. The issue comes in imo can you trust the generics? This seems to be a really sketchy product market, even the name brand stuff is shipped out of date. And who and how is % strength regulated by what governing body? Nobody ☺ In the end the Opalessence is pretty cheap, I recall about 4US a tube shipped.

PS imo all things being equal, better to have lower percent on longer than higher percent on shorter. Im not suprised if you saw little results after a few hrs wear over a week.

Edited by bangkokburning